MVAC 2021

Hoping Altiere is resting up today, 37 for 264 last night….

Week 7 scoreboard:
Springfield- 51
Waterloo- 0

Western Reserve- 28
Lowellville- 27

Scarlet Standings:
T1. Springfield 4-0 6-1
T1. Western Reserve 4-0 4-3
3. McDonald 2-1 2-4
4. Lowellville 2-2 5-2
5. Jackson-Milton 1-2 2-4
6. Waterloo 1-3 2-5
T7. Mineral Ridge 0-3 2-4
T7. Sebring 0-3 1-4

Grey:
Garfield- 56
Campbell- 6

Brookfield- 40
Newton Falls- 7

Labrae- 34
Crestview- 13

Liberty- 27
Champion- 24

Standings:
1. Garfield 4-0 7-0
2. Brookfield 3-0 5-1
3. Labrae 3-1 6-1
4. Liberty 2-1 4-3
5. Crestview 2-2 3-4
6. Champion 1-3 1-6
T7. Campbell 0-4 1-6
T7. Newton Falls 0-4 2-5
This league needs a shake up.

SL, WR, Garfield, Brookfield, Labrae, McDonald, Crestview need to be in one tier and the rest in the other tier. You could still have fill in games with the lower tier.

Any word on QB1 for Crestview? he wasnt on the field at all last night. Crestview is a completely different team with him at the helm.
He was out is all I know. I haven't been to a game in 3 years and I think I'm the only C-View poster on here. I had Labrae winning 35-21 WITH our starting QB playing, so it may have been a bit closer but I don't think a nail biter.

I’m not sure why the Rockets went for two at the end of the game. Kick the extra point and go to overtime. You were at home. Unless they felt they truly had no chance to stop the devils
I was listening to the guys tonight on YSN that called the Western Reserve Lowellville game. They said Lowellville's kicker ( who also plays LB) was injured during Lowellville's last time on defense.

Lowellville-McDonald should be a good matchup this upcoming week.
Agreed. It’s crazy, the last time the Rockets beat the blue devils was 2002, which is probably the longest or close to the longest streak in the area of teams that play every year. 02 was also the last time McDonald finished sub .500 which would happen with a loss to Lowellville this week.

As for the game, if McDonald is back to full strength, they’ll have a shot but I’d still have Lowellville as the favorites. McDonald’s D will need to play the best it has all year and offensively not turn the ball over. Also who knows how the bye week (plus numerous players that missed the Springfield game so 2 weeks off for them) will affect the team.

I was listening to the guys tonight on YSN that called the Western Reserve Lowellville game. They said Lowellville's kicker ( who also plays LB) was injured during Lowellville's last time on defense.
He was. Should be back this week. The replacement made a field goal earlier in the game, though .

Agreed. It’s crazy, the last time the Rockets beat the blue devils was 2002, which is probably the longest or close to the longest streak in the area of teams that play every year. 02 was also the last time McDonald finished sub .500 which would happen with a loss to Lowellville this week.

As for the game, if McDonald is back to full strength, they’ll have a shot but I’d still have Lowellville as the favorites. McDonald’s D will need to play the best it has all year and offensively not turn the ball over. Also who knows how the bye week (plus numerous players that missed the Springfield game so 2 weeks off for them) will affect the team.
Agreed! This is probably the first time since 2002 where Lowellville is a potential favorite? I’m still undecided on who will win. Guess we will find out soon.

Agreed! This is probably the first time since 2002 where Lowellville is a potential favorite? I’m still undecided on who will win. Guess we will find out soon.
2003 McDonald beat Lowellville 13-12 that kept the Rockets out of the playoffs to start the streak that Lowellville was probably the favorite. 2013 I remember being a toss-up that McDonald won convincingly.

I think it’s probably more likely that Lowellville can get stops defensively than McDonald, which is why I favor them. But turnovers could be a factor. Also field conditions, it’s supposed to rain a lot this week, would expect the field the be soft- not sure who that helps though.

2003 McDonald beat Lowellville 13-12 that kept the Rockets out of the playoffs to start the streak that Lowellville was probably the favorite. 2013 I remember being a toss-up that McDonald won convincingly.

I think it’s probably more likely that Lowellville can get stops defensively than McDonald, which is why I favor them. But turnovers could be a factor. Also field conditions, it’s supposed to rain a lot this week, would expect the field the be soft- not sure who that helps though.
Very anxious to see this game and hope league finds a way to give us WR vs McDonald week 10

Looking more and more like weather could be a factor on Friday. Forecasting high chance of rain all throughout the day.
The weather is typically horrible for Lowellville homecoming games.. 2011 Homecoming game when the Rockets and Blue Devils played, it was absolutely horrible. At least it’s supposed to be warmer on Friday with a high of 78 and low 63.

He was out is all I know. I haven't been to a game in 3 years and I think I'm the only C-View poster on here. I had Labrae winning 35-21 WITH our starting QB playing, so it may have been a bit closer but I don't think a nail biter.
Saw the game. I didn't see Cusick limping or anything. Maybe a concussion or something as he was dressed in street cloths. To be honest, I thought I made a mistake going to the game after seeing that Cusick wasn't playing. Thinking this is going to be a blowout now. But your Rebels played the Vikings tough. But I agree, I don't know if Cusick would have made that much of an impact to change the final result of the game. It could have made it a one-score game though.

So anyone can just cancel at anytime now for anything? I went to the Labrae/Garfield game... Garrettsville had 32 kids on their roster. Very close to "twenty-something" right? Sounds like crestview just doesn't want to play Garrettsville. Shouldn't be able to just cancel cause you don't want to play.

So anyone can just cancel at anytime now for anything? I went to the Labrae/Garfield game... Garrettsville had 32 kids on their roster. Very close to "twenty-something" right? Sounds like crestview just doesn't want to play Garrettsville. Shouldn't be able to just cancel cause you don't want to play.
“The G-Men handed Indian Valley its first loss of the season, 14-0, last Friday.” Must’ve missed this one last week.

This is getting a bit ridiculous....not enough healthy players with 20 something? what exactly is 20-something? 29? 27? 23? G-men were out for revenge from last year's play-offs and the Rebels didn't want any of it!

This is getting a bit ridiculous....not enough healthy players with 20 something? what exactly is 20-something? 29? 27? 23? G-men were out for revenge from last year's play-offs and the Rebels didn't want any of it!
The makeup of the players also matters. If half the players available are freshman that shouldn't be competing on a varsity field that certainly is a factor.

Im afraid that covid has become the go to for teams that want to get out of games with no penalty. Im not sating that is the case with Crestview but it is definitely happening all over the place. It will 100% happen once playoff brackects come out. You will see more than one 15-16 seeds get "covid" and bow out only to schedule a game the next week.

The makeup of the players also matters. If half the players available are freshman that shouldn't be competing on a varsity field that certainly is a factor.
I will agree with that, but does anyone really know if that is the case? one question....if the Rebels had Campbell or Newton Falls on the schedule this week would they be able to find enough healthy players??

Im afraid that covid has become the go to for teams that want to get out of games with no penalty. Im not sating that is the case with Crestview but it is definitely happening all over the place. It will 100% happen once playoff brackects come out. You will see more than one 15-16 seeds get "covid" and bow out only to schedule a game the next week.
I blame, at least in part, the OHSAA for that. If you are 16 seed who just finished a difficult 2, 3 or 4 win season I completely understand not wanting to go get destroyed by a 1 seed. There are schools that have great basketball programs and some of the football players will be looking forward to the court by that time. It may create a situation where kids themselves opt out of playing and force teams to cancel. That is terrible for a program. If the OHSAA had just listened to the coaches and created a 12 team playoff with a bye week for the top 4 seeds none of this would be happening. They also could have allowed teams to make the decision to opt out after week 10. I keep hearing people say what a great, fun opportunity for the kids to play in the playoffs. These are teenagers, they are not stupid, many of them will not get excited about losing 50 or 60 to 0. Just my opinion.

I will agree with that, but does anyone really know if that is the case? one question....if the Rebels had Campbell or Newton Falls on the schedule this week would they be able to find enough healthy players??
Well they already know that they will be fine the next two weeks with Champion and whoever else they have, says so right in the article... backing out of that looks bad on crestview.

Well they already know that they will be fine the next two weeks with Champion and whoever else they have, says so right in the article... backing out of that looks bad on crestview.
I have never known Crestview or Coach Kusick to be afraid to play anyone. If they are saying they can't play because of injuries or sick kids I am sure that is the case. They have a lot of pride and tradition in that program they aren't running away from Garfield. I have to imagine that the Rebels are as upset as anybody this game isn't happening.

I have never known Crestview or Coach Kusick to be afraid to play anyone. If they are saying they can't play because of injuries or sick kids I am sure that is the case. They have a lot of pride and tradition in that program they aren't running away from Garfield. I have to imagine that the Rebels are as upset as anybody this game isn't happening.
I would hope you are right about that...and that is my experience with the program, but the whole thing stinks to high-heaven. Like I said, G-men licking their chops for this one because of last year. and then suddenly Crestview already knows that everyone will be good to go for the last 2 weeks against Champion and Newton Falls, both games they should easily win.

Heard some crestview kids were caught vaping, including the coach's son.....nothing to do with covid.

Last edited: