McKinley High School football head coach Marcus Wattley, seven assistant coaches suspended

One thing for sure , head coach is either fired or he steps down over this, how dumb can you be in this day an age I'm a strong McK fan but the buck stops with the head man , if he was there

One thing for sure , head coach is either fired or he steps down over this, how dumb can you be in this day an age I'm a strong McK fan but the buck stops with the head man , if he was there
Even if he wasn't present he bears some responsibility for having such collosal idiots on his staff (if this is true).

Ummm, is there more to the story and can't bear to say yet or what? It's gonna come out. Otherwise what I read was a tad overboard as I stated, but a forgivable mistake.

Wait...what? They forced a kid to eat meat (against religion) on his pizza as a punishment? Just making sure these are the facts lol.

Yeh cause the other 6 schools should have had that monitored better and way better control over those coaches, SMH. You just can't make the stupidity of these posts up! Look at who liked your post and that should say everything you need to know about how stupid it was.

Former Canton McKinley swim coach, S. Sieple, is receiving his just punishment in court. So let's move on from that story, Raymo.
As for the football coaches involved in these allegations, details are yet to be discovered and made public. So, time will tell. However, it is probably fair to say that the head coach will be gone......"the buck stops with him." CCS Board of Education will soon be conducting a search for a new head coach, and at this late date, it is going to be very difficult to find strong candidates. Hopefully, the Board has learned something in reflection of the hiring of this "current" coach, who has some of the weakest credentials of any head coach in Stark County.

Hopefully, the Board has learned something in reflection of the hiring of this "current" coach, who has some of the weakest credentials of any head coach in Stark County.
I suspect there are many coaches in Stark County with similar or lesser credentials. He was: an assistant at the University of Akron; head football coach and defensive coordinator at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School; a D1 defensive back at Akron; an assistant at Copley; JV head coach/assistant head coach and defensive coordinator at SVSM (for state champion teams). I'm not absolving him of anything here but his credentials are adequate.

Former Canton McKinley swim coach, S. Sieple, is receiving his just punishment in court. So let's move on from that story, Raymo.
As for the football coaches involved in these allegations, details are yet to be discovered and made public. So, time will tell. However, it is probably fair to say that the head coach will be gone......"the buck stops with him." CCS Board of Education will soon be conducting a search for a new head coach, and at this late date, it is going to be very difficult to find strong candidates. Hopefully, the Board has learned something in reflection of the hiring of this "current" coach, who has some of the weakest credentials of any head coach in Stark County.
Please don't use my name,he played with girls in bathing suits,as far as the football team goes the coaching staff is gone...BAM!

If this is true it breaks my heart!!! All the coaches will be gone. I can't believe the stupidity in this day an age to think you should do something like that and also not think it would get out!

Reminds me of a story my old partner told me about when back at the academy they harassed a police cadet for being a closeted homosexual. That was back in 1980!!!! I would have hoped we would have evolved since then and not target people based upon their race, sexual orientation or RELIGION!!!!

Hopefully we can start talking about football soon once this matter gets sorted out...I fear the national media will pick up on this if it's true

I heard from my friends sister, that her uncle's cousins brother that Wakefield will be coaching the pups! Lol! Just kidding, I thought wattley was gonna turn the program back around, I would love to see that it's no big deal a d move on but as of right now it don't look that way.

I suspect there are many coaches in Stark County with similar or lesser credentials. He was: an assistant at the University of Akron; head football coach and defensive coordinator at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School; a D1 defensive back at Akron; an assistant at Copley; JV head coach/assistant head coach and defensive coordinator at SVSM (for state champion teams). I'm not absolving him of anything here but his credentials are adequate.
31-15 as a head coach and has made the playoffs every year he has been a head coach

I don't think Thom would touch that program with a 10 foot pole.
The situation is definitely bad but the program is in much better shape than when Thom took over for Filtz. If everything turns out to be true it would probably be CCS’s first choice to have McDaniels take over for a year.

The situation is definitely bad but the program is in much better shape than when Thom took over for Filtz. If everything turns out to be true it would probably be CCS’s first choice to have McDaniels take over for a year.
McKinley just may be beyond the point of no return. It's happened to many schools, some bounce back after down periods (Mooney), some never return (St. Joe). McKinley's flirtation with mediocrity is approaching, duration wise, the dreaded point of no return.