FedEx: Mass shooter was a former employee of the company

Getting a passport was pretty easy...just time consuming. Most of that was waiting for the government. Maybe it has changed since I got mine.

And expensive at least compared to a state ID. I conflate time consuming with not being easy.

I think we can all agree though that it's stupid to propose we require folks to have a US passport to buy a gun?

And expensive at least compared to a state ID. I think we can all agree that it's stupid to propose we require folks to have a US passport to buy a gun?
It was expensive but my company paid for it. Yea...not sure what proderp is after. Maybe we need a gun passport system? You apply for it and you can present it to buy guns without issue once you receive? Be like buying beer at that point.

Getting a passport was pretty easy...just time consuming. Most of that was waiting for the government. Maybe it has changed since I got mine.
Maybe they were just vetting you to make sure that you were actually a US citizen and did not have any felonies or warrants that would prohibit you from travel? Sounds like it might be a principal that could be applied to a guy who had his gun taken away and was committed such that he could not buy a couple semi autos 60 days later. Call me crazy.

Maybe they were just vetting you to make sure that you were actually a US citizen and did not have any felonies or warrants that would prohibit you from travel? Sounds like it might be a principal that could be applied to a guy who had his gun taken away and was committed such that he could not buy a couple semi autos 60 days later. Call me crazy.
Yes, I am sure that was what they were doing. They should do that before handing out passports. It still took a long time. Government I guess...only 1 speed.

Sounds like you should write your representative with your plan. You have it all figured out.

And expensive at least compared to a state ID. I conflate time consuming with not being easy.

I think we can all agree though that it's stupid to propose we require folks to have a US passport to buy a gun?
No dumb a**. I did not say you need a passport to buy a gun. I said have a process that at least vetts the buyer as effectively. Owning lethal weapons should not require less vetting than travel. Call me crazy.

Yes, I am sure that was what they were doing. They should do that before handing out passports. It still took a long time. Government I guess...only 1 speed.

Sounds like you should write your representative with your plan. You have it all figured out.
I don’t have it all figured out. I just think a system that sells automatic rifles to recently involuntarily committed mental patients who had his previous gun taken, needs serious reform.

It was expensive but my company paid for it. Yea...not sure what proderp is after. Maybe we need a gun passport system? You apply for it and you can present it to buy guns without issue once you receive? Be like buying beer at that point.

My company paid for mine to but in a few years I'll have to pay for it - hence the expensive tag.

BTW the last thing we need is a gun passport system. Gun ownership is a constitutional right. This would be a serious impediment to exercising that right. All you should need to purchase a firearm is a state issued picture ID.

No dumb a**. I did not say you need a passport to buy a gun. I said have a process that at least vetts the buyer as effectively. Owning lethal weapons should not require less vetting than travel. Call me crazy.

A distinction without a difference.

And for the record you don't need a passport to travel. You need it for certain kinds of travel. But as alien as California is I don't need a passport to travel there.

My company paid for mine to but in a few years I'll have to pay for it - hence the expensive tag.

BTW the last thing we need is a gun passport system. Gun ownership is a constitutional right. This would be a serious impediment to exercising that right. All you should need to purchase a firearm is a state issued picture ID.
You don't have any dumb relatives? Sometimes you have to help walk them thru their scenario so they can figure out the errors in their plans.

Great plan. I’m convinced that if the founding fathers saw what this country has become, they would rewrite the out of that amendment. They were way to smart for the current America.

Great plan. I’m convinced that if the founding fathers saw what this country has become, they would rewrite the out of that amendment. They were way to smart for the current America.

I agree. They would have been so horrified at what we had become that they probably would explicitly add that we could have grenade launchers, stinger missile systems and machine guns. Hell after seeing a tank, they probably would have included those to.

I agree. They would have been so horrified at what we had become that they probably would explicitly add that we could have grenade launchers, stinger missile systems and machine guns. Hell after seeing a tank, they probably would have included those to.
That’s one way to interpret things. My God.

Where are guns being bought that don’t require vetting?

They wouldn't rewrite the amendment. They would enforce existing law rather than coddling the criminals. It's called personal responsibility.

I am a proud gun owner and have zero problem with a week of vetting before you can get your firearm for two reasons. You have to provide character references to work in a nuclear facility why not use the same process for firearms? Take a look at recent social media postings. Etc.

1). Anyone purchasing a gun for carnage MIGHT rethink their decision in that timeframe.

2). Talk to people close to that individual about their mental health. Most of the mass shootings in recent memory could have been prevented simply by talking to people close to the shooter. Not all, but most.

What we are doing now is a true definition of insanity.

I am a proud gun owner and have zero problem with a week of vetting before you can get your firearm for two reasons. You have to provide character references to work in a nuclear facility why not use the same process for firearms? Take a look at recent social media postings. Etc.

1). Anyone purchasing a gun for carnage MIGHT rethink their decision in that timeframe.

2). Talk to people close to that individual about their mental health. Most of the mass shootings in recent memory could have been prevented simply by talking to people close to the shooter. Not all, but most.

What we are doing now is a true definition of insanity.
Yeah, I don't think talking to people, who are not professionally trained in mental health is all that valuable, and worse, it could prevent people with no issues from being able to buy a gun. Living in a free society has risk, but it is really low risk to ever be a victum of a mass shooting. So this idea that we need to take action to fix something with such low risk, is actually the definitoin of insanity. Kinda like removing a drug from the market place, due to 1 or 2 people dying, out of 7 million people.

Not sure. When you post stupid stuff the points you're trying to emphasize get lost.
Nice job semantic man. The point was legally selling rifles to recently committed mental patients who had their previous weapons removed. It was not whether it was a semi or not but that obviously went way over your head. Care to comment on the point of the post or do you prefer the word games. I think there is a scrabble app.

Yeah, I don't think talking to people, who are not professionally trained in mental health is all that valuable, and worse, it could prevent people with no issues from being able to buy a gun. Living in a free society has risk, but it is really low risk to ever be a victum of a mass shooting. So this idea that we need to take action to fix something with such low risk, is actually the definitoin of insanity. Kinda like removing a drug from the market place, due to 1 or 2 people dying, out of 7 million people.
Yeah, I don't think talking to people, who are not professionally trained in mental health is all that valuable, and worse, it could prevent people with no issues from getting a passport and traveling to this country. Living in a free society has risk, but it is really low risk to require passports for incoming foreign travelers. So this idea that we need to take action to fix something with such low risk, is actually the definitoin of insanity. Kinda like removing a drug from the market place, due to 1 or 2 people dying, out of 7 million people.

Nice job semantic man. The point was legally selling rifles to recently committed mental patients who had their previous weapons removed. It was not whether it was a semi or not but that obviously went way over your head. Care to comment on the point of the post or do you prefer the word games. I think there is a scrabble app.
So if you have a single mental issue once in your life you're outlawed for the rest of your life?