FedEx: Mass shooter was a former employee of the company

No but maybe more than the minute you get out of the looney bin.
I thought it was a year of two ago? But people can be treated and able to purchase weapons. What timeframe do you think is acceptable once you're deemed healthy enough to leave the "looney bin"?

I thought it was a year of two ago? But people can be treated and able to purchase weapons. What timeframe do you think is acceptable once you're deemed healthy enough to leave the "looney bin"?
It was a couple of months after. I’m not the one who should decide. Maybe the law enforcement agency that took your weapon should have a say when you get to buy more? Just a thought.

It was a couple of months after. I’m not the one who should decide. Maybe the law enforcement agency that took your weapon should have a say when you get to buy more? Just a thought.
Maybe. Like I said, talk to your rep. I think you have a plan!

Maybe. Like I said, talk to your rep. I think you have a plan!
Not a plan but just maybe sliver of common sense. More details on when and how.

Yeah, I don't think talking to people, who are not professionally trained in mental health is all that valuable, and worse, it could prevent people with no issues from being able to buy a gun. Living in a free society has risk, but it is really low risk to ever be a victum of a mass shooting. So this idea that we need to take action to fix something with such low risk, is actually the definitoin of insanity. Kinda like removing a drug from the market place, due to 1 or 2 people dying, out of 7 million people.
I understand perfectly.

I wanted to point out the process that the nuclear industry uses. The individual provides the references. What would be bad about providing 3 references and waiting a week? How many times have we learned that a shooter went out and bought a gun the day or two before? The recent Colorado shooter and the Atlanta shooter had red flags. The Colorado shooter's own brother said he was not in his right mind. Not to mention the week between want and getting can sometimes help.

Just pointing out that I personally would not be bothered if we adopted something like that.

Just don't understand why all you good guys with guns aren't taking care of the bad guys with guns?

We base how we live today from a document written over 200 years ago by people that 25 of 55 owned slaves! Think maybe those morally bankrupt scum might not have had the best judgement? What's the equivalent to that today, sex traffickers?

Guns guns guns. It's our right because people afraid of their slaves said so.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Perfectly clear.

Just don't understand why all you good guys with guns aren't taking care of the bad guys with guns?

We base how we live today from a document written over 200 years ago by people that 25 of 55 owned slaves! Think maybe those morally bankrupt scum might not have had the best judgement? What's the equivalent to that today, sex traffickers?

Guns guns guns. It's our right because people afraid of their slaves said so.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Perfectly clear.
The cops try, every time they do, they are scrutinized to the umpteentnh degree. Or are you saying law abiding gun owners should get together and randomly patrol looking to shoot a criminal? That’ll go splendidly.

I would like to point out, that unless I missed it, no one has called Hole a “kid” in this thread. Duante Wright has been referred to as a “kid” a million times in the media and on this board. Very interesting how much the media influences even the ones that are aware of it.

The cops try, every time they do, they are scrutinized to the umpteentnh degree. Or are you saying law abiding gun owners should get together and randomly patrol looking to shoot a criminal? That’ll go splendidly.

I would like to point out, that unless I missed it, no one has called Hole a “kid” in this thread. Duante Wright has been referred to as a “kid” a million times in the media and on this board. Very interesting how much the media influences even the ones that are aware of it.

That idea of armed guards, or armed teachers, as a solution to gun violence often seems to come up in the wake of mass shootings, echoing National Rifle Association chief Wayne LaPierre's long-touted notion that “the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.”

Another con artist so many have fallen for. Think about what he is saying for just one second and figure out what the problem is.

It would be nice if a person's right to be alive was more important than the right to have a gun.

How about some of you gun nuts come up with some solutions. You never can and not only that, you stand in the way of people with good ideas. Blame the news.

Kyle took out a couple tough guy scumbags that threatened his life.
Those were good people, just enjoying an evening of peaceful protesting. Come on Soul, CNN told us this. It doesn’t matter that one was a child sex offender and another was pointing a gun at him and another was attempting to knock him out with a skateboard. All while Rittenhouse demonstrated his obvious training with firearms. Everyone always forgets that literally in the moment of being attacked, he showed the training to not shoot the guy that backed off and raised his hands. And he killed no persons of color, only white criminals with rap sheets taking advantage of the ability to live as Anarchists. Seems like a great deal for society.

That idea of armed guards, or armed teachers, as a solution to gun violence often seems to come up in the wake of mass shootings, echoing National Rifle Association chief Wayne LaPierre's long-touted notion that “the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a gun.”

Another con artist so many have fallen for. Think about what he is saying for just one second and figure out what the problem is.

It would be nice if a person's right to be alive was more important than the right to have a gun.

How about some of you gun nuts come up with some solutions. You never can and not only that, you stand in the way of people with good ideas. Blame the news.
Unfortunately there will always be bad people. And without a gun, you have no ability to protect your life, or those you love, from another person with a gun. You cannot just wish away bad people, and no law is going to stop people who are criminals. Odd that your side can never seem to grasp this simple concept.

And your solution is what again? For everyone to turn in their guns?
So very well thought out... Cite some of the “good ideas” that the gun nuts are standing in the way of. Maybe that’s a good start. Be specific, tell us all some “good” ideas...

Can you post to Yappi from the range?
Why would I post to Yappi from the range? And if you want to play that game...... not everyone has or desires access to the internet.

That blows up your new definition of "everywhere"

Nice try, however........:ROFLMAO: You simply aren't good at this.

Last edited:
I understand perfectly.

I wanted to point out the process that the nuclear industry uses. The individual provides the references. What would be bad about providing 3 references and waiting a week? How many times have we learned that a shooter went out and bought a gun the day or two before? The recent Colorado shooter and the Atlanta shooter had red flags. The Colorado shooter's own brother said he was not in his right mind. Not to mention the week between want and getting can sometimes help.

Just pointing out that I personally would not be bothered if we adopted something like that.
I have zero problem with background checks for every gun purchase. What I do have a problem with is who is this data going to?

And your solution is what again? For everyone to turn in their guns?
So very well thought out... Cite some of the “good ideas” that the gun nuts are standing in the way of. Maybe that’s a good start. Be specific, tell us all some “good” ideas...
Technology ... like every other thing in our lives. Fingerprint recognition. Planned obsolescence.
Stricter requirements than what it takes to drive a car.
Ability to go after manufactures like every other product.
Proper insurance requirements like every other thing in our lives.
Universal backaground checks and consequences if you sell to someone you didn't check.
Assault weapons ban/ limits..

Within all that and more, there are ideas that will work. Automobile safety and other products have progressed, why not guns?

Why would I post to Yappi from the range? And if you want to play that game...... not everyone has or desires access to the internet.

That blows up your new definition of "everywhere"

Nice try, however........:ROFLMAO: You simply aren't good at this.
LOL. please show me a person with a reasonable pulse that does not want the internet? Since you know what the internet is and use it, you know that you can buy a gun without check from everywhere (assuming there is actual civilization).

I have zero problem with background checks for every gun purchase. What I do have a problem with is who is this data going to?

The same people that get your tax return. What are you afraid of that the IRS does not already know?

Technology ... like every other thing in our lives. Fingerprint recognition. Planned obsolescence.
Universal backaground checks and consequences if you sell to someone you didn't check.

Within all that and more, there are ideas that will work. Automobile safety and other products have progressed, why not guns?
You already know the answer. The more death the more guns get sold.

Where does any of that get guns out of criminals hands? Sounds like a lot of money and hoops to jump through for the people that already do.