FedEx: Mass shooter was a former employee of the company

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
The man who police say fatally shot eight people at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis is a former employee. FedEx spokesperson Bonny Harrison released the information Friday. She says company officials can’t speculate on a motive but are working closely with investigators.

Not much info out there on this.

I'm guessing he wasn't a white guy?

Let's say law enforcement was familiar with this guy,

Police confiscated a gun from him last year because of mental health issues and mom told police she feared he would commit suicide by cop.

I looked at several news sites for this story, and none said WHITE MALE.

Therefore, my cynicism.
His previous record was posted via media, which confirmed his race. This is how I learned. It wasn’t expressly mentioned in the article itself.

He was also interviewed by the FBI last year. Am I the only one who thinks the FBI is a joke? Maybe they should spend less time looking for the guy who took a dump in Pelosi's office and spend more time actually doing LAW ENFORCEMENT!

The former employee who shot and killed eight people at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis was interviewed by FBI agents last year, after his mother called police to say that her son might commit “suicide by cop,” the bureau said Friday.

He was also interviewed by the FBI last year. Am I the only one who thinks the FBI is a joke? Maybe they should spend less time looking for the guy who took a dump in Pelosi's office and spend more time actually doing LAW ENFORCEMENT!

The former employee who shot and killed eight people at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis was interviewed by FBI agents last year, after his mother called police to say that her son might commit “suicide by cop,” the bureau said Friday.
You are such a disingenuous hypocrite. I don’t know what this guys history is but what do you want law enforcement to do if the guy has committed no crime? Toss him in jail for an indefinite period. There are millions of mentally unstable and suicidal people who have done nothing to be incarcerated. You are sure quick to toss civil liberties out the door in hindsight when it’s convenient for you.

You are such a disingenuous hypocrite. I don’t know what this guys history is but what do you want law enforcement to do if the guy has committed no crime? Toss him in jail for an indefinite period. There are millions of mentally unstable and suicidal people who have done nothing to be incarcerated. You are sure quick to toss civil liberties out the door in hindsight when it’s convenient for you.

For someone who wants to restrict the 2nd amendment you're pretty selective about which civil liberty you tout.

And for the record there are not millions of 18 year olds (his age when his mom called) whose mom calls the police because she's worried that they want to commit suicide by cop.

And if you're serious abut dealing with the very small number of monsters that commit mass murder then we have to get more aggressive in putting these people in mental health institutions when appropriate.

I know it's a tricky balance but at least it's an approach that doesn't involve depriving everyone of a constitutional right. And this is an approach that might actually work. Unlike the gun grab you advocate.

For someone who wants to restrict the 2nd amendment you're pretty selective about which civil liberty you tout.

And for the record there are not millions of 18 year olds (his age when his mom called) whose mom calls the police because she's worried that they want to commit suicide by cop.

And if you're serious abut dealing with the very small number of monsters that commit mass murder then we have to get more aggressive in putting these people in mental health institutions when appropriate.

I know it's a tricky balance but at least it's an approach that doesn't involve depriving everyone of a constitutional right. And this is an approach that might actually work. Unlike the gun grab you advocate.
You said the FBI was a joke. You have no idea what the details are about the interview. You seem to infer that law enforcement agencies should be able to commit people based on their judgement, alone?

There are restrictions to the 2nd amendment and there should be more. Seems to me that is less a violation of civil liberties than having cops incarcerate you just because they think you are nuts.

FBI takes his gun last year and he still finds a way to get one!

lesson: don't hire a wack-o tobegin with

:>---

EGA

FBI takes his gun last year and he still finds a way to get one!

lesson: don't hire a wack-o tobegin with

:>---

EGA
I’m sure he had zero problem getting guns. It is super easy even if you are insane enough to shoot up a Fed Ex facility.

You said the FBI was a joke. You have no idea what the details are about the interview. You seem to infer that law enforcement agencies should be able to commit people based on their judgement, alone?

There are restrictions to the 2nd amendment and there should be more. Seems to me that is less a violation of civil liberties than having cops incarcerate you just because they think you are nuts.

The FBI IS a joke. How many agents & resources are being used to track down MAGA trespasser's? Isn't this the Agency that dispatched 16 agents to investigate a garage door pull rope at a race track? In so many of these recent mass shootings the FBI had the monster on the radar. That matters.

And if you actually want to reduce these mass killings then we need to be more aggressive in mental health profiling including involuntary commitment. Sure it's a potential slippery slope that must be carefully monitored but it has two advantages over gun grabs:

1) you mess with the civil rights of a lot fewer people then when you do a gun grab - by a factor of a MILLION.

2) it might actually work to reduce these terrible killings. Of course that assumes you want to reduce the mass shootings rather then use them as an excuse to grab power.

The FBI IS a joke. How many agents & resources are being used to track down MAGA trespasser's? Isn't this the Agency that dispatched 16 agents to investigate a garage door pull rope at a race track? In so many of these recent mass shootings the FBI had the monster on the radar. That matters.

And if you actually want to reduce these mass killings then we need to be more aggressive in mental health profiling including involuntary commitment. Sure it's a potential slippery slope that must be carefully monitored but it has two advantages over gun grabs:

1) you mess with the civil rights of a lot fewer people then when you do a gun grab - by a factor of a MILLION.

2) it might actually work to reduce these terrible killings. Of course that assumes you want to reduce the mass shootings rather then use them as an excuse to grab power.
Hey...I’m all for taking the guns from people who are obviously too unstable to have them. You can start with everyone of the MAGA terrorists even if they do not get convicted of a felony. Anybody who is nuts enough to breach that Capital should relinquish lifetime rights to weapons. I guess we can agree on something.

Hey...I’m all for taking the guns from people who are obviously too unstable to have them. You can start with everyone of the MAGA terrorists even if they do not get convicted of a felony. Anybody who is nuts enough to breach that Capital should relinquish lifetime rights to weapons. I guess we can agree on something.

You have to do more then take the guns away from people who are mentally ill and dangerous.

You have to do more then take the guns away from people who are mentally ill and dangerous.
Also agree but that would be a good start. A better start would be laws that don’t make it so easy for them to get them to start. Unfortunately, common sense like that is above and beyond what this country can muster.

Also agree but that would be a good start. A better start would be laws that don’t make it so easy for them to get them to start. Unfortunately, common sense like that is above and beyond what this country can muster.

And what laws might that be?

And what laws might that be?
Iv’e already listed a half dozen on previous threads but we can start with a rock solid, zero loophole background check system that’s at least as onerous as getting a passport. That alone is not enough but would take that as a start.

I am now boycotting FedEx for hiring a mass shooter. I hope everyone joins me we cannot allow companies to continue to hire mass shooters

Iv’e already listed a half dozen on previous threads but we can start with a rock solid, zero loophole background check system that’s at least as onerous as getting a passport. That alone is not enough but would take that as a start.
I don't seem to remember the process of getting a passport to be that onerous.

So that's not really a good start after all then?
Exponentially better than what we have today. In this case, cops took his gun and he was involuntary committed for a period. Since you cannot incarcerate people forever without cause under our constitution despite what lotr10 wants, he was released and 2 months later walked in and bought 2 rifles. The rest is history. MAGA.

Have you ever gotten a passport? It's a pain in the a**. All it will do is place a major burden on the ability of law abiding people to "legally" purchase firearms. But then that's your intent isn't it.

I've got a better idea. If you don't give a damn about individual rights like the right to own guns then how about we suspend a couple of other rights for those living in the urban centers. You know where most of the shootings and killings occur. We can call it the anti-gang emergency decree. Shoot all gang bangers on sight. I guarantee this violation of constitutional rights WILL reduce the shootings and death tolls - by a lot.

Have you ever gotten a passport? It's a pain in the a**. All it will do is place a major burden on the ability of law abiding people to "legally" purchase firearms. But then that's your intent isn't it.

I've got a better idea. If you don't give a damn about individual rights like the right to own guns then how about we suspend a couple of other rights for those living in the urban centers. You know where most of the shootings and killings occur. We can call it the anti-gang emergency decree. Shoot all gang bangers on sight. I guarantee this violation of constitutional rights WILL reduce the shootings and death tolls - by a lot.

Your guys need to get your talking points straight. One says getting a passport is super easy and you say it is nearly impossible. I support a vetting process for guns that is at least equal to travel. Call me crazy. It is true that most shootings occur where people live and not in vast landscapes of nothingness. Where did you see that Brandon Scott Hole was a gang banger?

Your guys need to get your talking points straight. One says getting a passport is super easy and you say it is nearly impossible. I support a vetting process for guns that is at least equal to travel. Call me crazy. It is true that most shootings occur where people live and not in vast landscapes of nothingness. Where did you see that Brandon Scott Hole was a gang banger?

I didn't say it was impossible but it's definitely not easy. It's also expensive. My last one cost over $200 to get.

Bottom line though is it's a lot harder to get a US passport then it is to get a State ID. And last I checked you guys thought that requiring a photo ID to vote was a serious restriction on voting rights.

Hey, my shoot the gang bangers on sight proposal was never going to get every killer but it would reduce gun violence considerably in the USA. Your demand for having a passport to buy a gun would not stop a single gun killing.

Getting a passport was pretty easy...just time consuming. Most of that was waiting for the government. Maybe it has changed since I got mine.