Northwest Ohio Realignment

I'd love to believe it. The Little Giants and Blue Streaks belong in the same league. But as long as Clyde and Bellevue have anything to say about it, that league will not be the SBC.

Ross, Sandusky, Norwalk, and Columbian should hook up and try to find four others interested in a new conference.
Four others? The SBC Lake can't find two, but you think a new league should try to find four.

C'mon man.

Exactly. As long as Clyde and Bellevue have any say, Ross is not getting into the SBC.
what about this... Fremont, Norwalk, Sandusky, Tiffin, as a league (I don't know who you add, my guess would be to try, Mansfield, Madison, Ashland, Lex?)... would then allow the d4 football schools in SBC to create a 7 team league I believe. It would never happen, but... would make some sense.

what about this... Fremont, Norwalk, Sandusky, Tiffin, as a league (I don't know who you add, my guess would be to try, Mansfield, Madison, Ashland, Lex?)... would then allow the d4 football schools in SBC to create a 7 team league I believe. It would never happen, but... would make some sense.
Any odd number in a league and you are looking for nonleague football games every week. That's tough to do.

Ashland, & Madison, plus Ross, and push Perkins down to the Bay division.

Yeah but this is on the assumption Clyde and Bellevue wouldn't add Ross.

If the other 3 FremontKeith mentioned broke away and added Ross, those were my 4 suggestions to get to 8.

Any odd number in a league and you are looking for nonleague football games every week. That's tough to do.
yeah, but it has been done... really... if they could entice shelby back, man what a solid d4 league... or drop vermillion and try to poach firelands even

and I would imagine that you could get those odd weeks filled. NOL had to do it for a few years

Lynn Groll runs Black Swamp Football magazine and podcast, he probably has better relationships with 90% of the coaches in NWO than anyone else in sports media. If he posts something, you can place a very safe bet that it came directly from the schools involved
Also, worth mentioning, Lynn Groll had an older brother who played on the 1986 state runner-up Ayersville football team and him and Lynn wrote a book about the season.

Name of the book is, "Point of Sorrow" and its on amazon. I highly recommend to any of you northwest ohio high school football junkies. It was a really fun read.

I'd love to believe it. The Little Giants and Blue Streaks belong in the same league. But as long as Clyde and Bellevue have anything to say about it, that league will not be the SBC.

Ross, Sandusky, Norwalk, and Columbian should hook up and try to find four others interested in a new conference.

While Clyde and Bellevue bear the brunt of Ross being on the outside it’s not just them.
Just bc Sandusky has a “rivalry” with them doesn’t mean they want to be in a league together. TC believes in the “play them but don’t marry them by being in a league together”. Norwalk is much closer to the Bellevue/Clyde perceptual feelings than you may realize while Perkins and Vermilion also have no interest.

we need to make some sort of gentlemen's agreement to not start posts with "yeah." At least we haven't fallen so far as to start with tht boy in Ma's basement, "hey guys."

Feeling pettier than usual this day.

Yeah, and that's one of reasons there is no longer an NOL.
ehhh had more to do with teams like willard and ontario looking to bolt than having just 7 teams... that is at least is what I was under the impression of.

and I'd wager that was a bigger piece than the 7 team league. That only really affects football

also.... you don't happen to be a Clyde guy do you?

Per an extremely reliable source in the NWOAL/NLL area...

Archbold, Bryan, Defiance, LC, Napoleon, and Wauseon in the NWOAL will be presented to the BOE's this school year.

Swanton, Delta, and Evergreen join OH and Northwood in a new league.

Maumee stays in the NLL and Fremont Ross joins Sandusky to add more spice to their huge rivalry.
I would be shocked if Defiance left the safe confines and prestige of the WBL.

I would be shocked if Defiance left the safe confines and prestige of the WBL.

I'm torn. The travel and rivalries in the NWOAL are tempting, and LC and Archbold despite being D6 would compete so there's no huge incentive for them to leave.

But at 6 teams we'd be 1 defection away from serious trouble, and 2 D6s in a D3/4 league could easily be looking around from the beginning.

I felt ok with leaving for the super sized NLL because there would be wiggle room in case a few teams left. But I'm not sure about leaving stability for something that would mean 5 non league games and could fall apart at the whim of a single small school. Not that I wouldn't be excited to be able to drive to every league away game in half an hour.

ehhh had more to do with teams like willard and ontario looking to bolt than having just 7 teams... that is at least is what I was under the impression of.

and I'd wager that was a bigger piece than the 7 team league. That only really affects football

also.... you don't happen to be a Clyde guy do you?
Yeah. Mom still lives there.

Not football, or boys, but per Jordan's Tweet a TRAC coach voted Grace Van Slooten 13th best player in the district. Lots of bad vibes in the TRAC.

... a TRAC coach voted Grace Van Slooten 13th best player in the district. Lots of bad vibes in the TRAC.
Does one incident qualify as "lots?" There has to be something more to that story. If it were butt-hurt, someone should have restrained regardless.

Very unprofessional.
I think the thing that shows how intentional it was is the fact that she was confronted and asked to change the vote to avoid controversy and she refused to do so. I understand being mad at Notre Dame/privates but this is just being petty.

I think the thing that shows how intentional it was is the fact that she was confronted and asked to change the vote to avoid controversy and she refused to do so. I understand being mad at Notre Dame/privates but this is just being petty.
NDA just beat them the other day using only 3 varsity players and 4 JV players. In the 2nd half it was the 2 freshman, 2 sophomores, and the 1 varsity player. Clay was overmatched, for sure. But they were also terribly coached.

Who she? Is Slovak not coaching there anymore? And who did the asking?

edit: a quick google, when was this vote? Any possibility this is about keeping Slooten in a run-away game in order to get a 1000 th point? Was that one varsity player by chance Van Slooten? Don't know the kid but she's asking people to vote for "me" for player of the week on the social media. Is that "normal?" Possibly a personality conflict? Coach got to rise above that. Vote the coach 13th, lol but not the kid. At least get your petty's worth.

Don't know the kid but she's asking people to vote for "me" for player of the week on the social media. Is that "normal?"
If you look through the quote tweets of every BCSN "player of the week" tweet you'll see a lot of the "nominees" asking their friends to vote for them. Pretty normal, even though the entire competition is kind of an ego boost for the kids IMO.