Excess Deaths

You continue to look only at the smallest data set possible. And of course you are doing some strawman work there to suggest that we are saying, "nothing to see here". Any way you want to slice the data, it still shows the people closest to death, are the ones who are dying, which is the way it has always been, and always will be. You don't fix this bump by holding kids out of school, playing sports events without fans, or by wearing masks.
Looking at Ben Marten's ENTIRE 22-year data set (is that BIG enough for you?-- it's ALL that you've posted) indicates that an epic event happened in 2020. The more data you show, the more evident it becomes that 2020 was a virtual once-in-a-century type anomaly year.

The problem here is Marten crowing that "2020 will have the same adjusted mortality rate like the years 2004/2005"-- as if that was something that SOMEHOW reduces or diminishes the importance of this once-in-a-century monstrously bad event-- and then YOU posting it, as if it proved or supported ANY point that you might want to make about the overinflated importance of 2020-- it most emphatically does NOT--it does the opposite: It only UNDERLINES that 2020 was a massive departure from all recent years and trends in health care outcomes and mortality rates.

Good to see the fuzzy math thread is still rocking.

Deaths in excess of a made up number is critical to understand and apply to nothing.

lmao
Lc still whimpering, although rather weekly at this point that this pandemic is a planet killer ?

Lc still whimpering, although rather weekly at this point that this pandemic is a planet killer ?

I have no idea why he whines about the China virus. He doesn't support closed schools, business restrictions, or mandatory masking.

He's just totally obsessed with how we count the dead people.

I have no idea why he whines about the China virus. He doesn't support closed schools, business restrictions, or mandatory masking.

He's just totally obsessed with how we count the dead people.
You gotta have hobbies during the Vid I guess ??

Looks like robot 4GX cried and had some posts deleted in the fuzzy math thread.

He's such a sensitive Moonbat.
Whatever are you talking about? I've never asked for ANY posts in ANY thread to be deleted-- ask the Moderators, if I've ever made a single complaint about any post-- the answer will be no...

In fact, it appears that I was the one whose post was deleted (not sure why-- I only pointed out that "the only fuzzy thing(s) in this thread are your brain synapses"). Talk about a Moonbat-- you virtually define the term-- you can't even correctly spell the name of the device which you took as your Yappi screen name; every time I see a post from you, I think "He clearly doesn't even know that he's spelling 'Guillotine' wrong EVERY time he posts."-- talk about a laughingstock. It's why I put you on "Ignore" last year-- nothing you post makes any sense, has any coherence, or is worth reading. I only saw this one, because the Yappi monitor feature advised me that someone (that I had blocked) responded to a thread on which I had just posted-- so I unblocked it, to read it-- what a mistake.

Last edited:
you can't even correctly spell the name of the device which you took as your Yappi screen name; every time I see a post from you, I think "He clearly doesn't even know that he's spelling 'Guillotine' wrong EVERY time he posts."-- talk about a laughingstock.

What? It's not spelled correctly? That can't be true. I spelled it myself. I think you need to check your math.

Anyway, carry on with your blabbering about a made up number that is applicable to nothing and of interest to no one.

The more paragraphs the better. It really highlights your snobbery.

lmao

1612193638199.png

Fuzzy math boy still wants to act like his made up number means something to someone.

To date he's yet to explain why anyone with a brain should care about it.

lmao

You should probably just admit you're the covid troll. There is no purpose other than that to your obsession over an arbitrary statistic.

Above all else, to thy known self be true.

I'm trying to understand how or where LC has said it's a "planet killer"? If the Biden administration does not come through, 2021 will be worse than 2020. It's not looking good that vaccines are going to be given out in enough numbers fast enough. Just saw yesterday that there are 20 million doses they have no idea of where they are at. It's a bigger mess than anyone thought. The Trump administration was actually doing a worse job than even the lowest of expectations.

I'm trying to understand how or where LC has said it's a "planet killer"? If the Biden administration does not come through, 2021 will be worse than 2020. It's not looking good that vaccines are going to be given out in enough numbers fast enough. Just saw yesterday that there are 20 million doses they have no idea of where they are at. It's a bigger mess than anyone thought. The Trump administration was actually doing a worse job than even the lowest of expectations.
Triple mask. You will make it!

How long will it take uncle Joe to fix it? My guess is four years

I'll watch my step, but this seems to be a de-escalation for him. He tried to have me aborted last week.

That offer still stands btw.

With this covid thing winding down have you thought about what body count to obsess over next?

Maybe you could track deaths from violent White insurrectionists? I hear that's on the rise.

How long will it take uncle Joe to fix it? My guess is four years
He gets slightly less of my patience than I gave the previous administration. I expect that by March 1st there is a very precise plan in place and that vaccines are rolling in a much smoother fashion. I will hold this administration to a higher standard. Things are vague now because they have a lot of garbage to sift through from before they took office, but I expect clearer direction soon. I'm concerned about the new strains or variations that are more easily spread, but from just the two press briefings I've seen, I'm already more hopeful than I was a few months ago.

That offer still stands btw.

With this covid thing winding down have you thought about what body count to obsess over next?

Maybe you could track deaths from violent White insurrectionists? I hear that's on the rise.
He's probably like me and fascinated with the numbers. I follow Cross Country and Track and Field and looking at numbers and comparing one year to other years is interesting to me. Just like with Covid, the numbers are interesting and I think helpful. I did not ever look at number of cases, but more number of deaths. You also look at trends. Just like the chart where you guys pointed out it's going to be around where '4 and '5 were. I see that the trend was steadily going down and now this year is way up. Back up to 2004 levels. You can't dismiss that things were trending down.

Even if you think the way CDC does it is flawed, it's consistently flawed which smooths it out a bit. I'm sure he's not looking at it as exact hard numbers, but rather an overall feel. If we had 7 or 8 weeks of projected numbers being high, it might fall into just a statistical rounding thing, but it was every single week from March 28th through to now. ZERO weeks in 2019, 4 weeks in 2018 all clumped in January. 2 in 2017 one at the begining of the year and one at the end starting off the 4 for 2018. We had more than 40 weeks over. 10 times 2018. We were trending more to the 2019 numbers where there were no weeks that went over the projected deaths.

Well, some of you pointed out that the number of people that die each year is about 0.8% and that we were right there again this year. But, we aren't, we are at 1% and that is a big jump. It's not about being afraid, it's about looking at data. No matter how you look at it, Covid has been a huge killer.

He's probably like me and fascinated with the numbers. I follow Cross Country and Track and Field and looking at numbers and comparing one year to other years is interesting to me. Just like with Covid, the numbers are interesting and I think helpful. I did not ever look at number of cases, but more number of deaths. You also look at trends. Just like the chart where you guys pointed out it's going to be around where '4 and '5 were. I see that the trend was steadily going down and now this year is way up. Back up to 2004 levels. You can't dismiss that things were trending down.

Even if you think the way CDC does it is flawed, it's consistently flawed which smooths it out a bit. I'm sure he's not looking at it as exact hard numbers, but rather an overall feel. If we had 7 or 8 weeks of projected numbers being high, it might fall into just a statistical rounding thing, but it was every single week from March 28th through to now. ZERO weeks in 2019, 4 weeks in 2018 all clumped in January. 2 in 2017 one at the begining of the year and one at the end starting off the 4 for 2018. We had more than 40 weeks over. 10 times 2018. We were trending more to the 2019 numbers where there were no weeks that went over the projected deaths.

Well, some of you pointed out that the number of people that die each year is about 0.8% and that we were right there again this year. But, we aren't, we are at 1% and that is a big jump. It's not about being afraid, it's about looking at data. No matter how you look at it, Covid has been a huge killer.
Disagree. If my definition of huge killer requires 10% of the population to die then Covid was a dud. If your definition of huge killer is any excess deaths around.1% to. 2% of the population then Covid has likely met your definition. I know two or three people who have died from covid, but I know several hundred people.