W.O.A.C.

Austin.J.Powers

The Cross County Conference is parting ways. The new Western Ohio Athletic Conference will be the new home for many CCC Teams. What is everyone's thoughts on how this new conference will filter out? TV was the last CCC CHAMPS, will the be the first WOAC CHAMPS?

Ansonia, Arcanum, Bradford, Franklin Monroe, Mississinawa Valley, National Trail, Newton, Tri-County North, Tri-Village and Twin Valley South from the CCC and Dixie and Preble Shawnee

I'll give my very early predictions

1. TV - Should be a very good team.
2. Arcanum - Still loaded with a lot of young talent.
3. TCN - Young but very talented much like Arcanum.
4. PS - Should be solid and with an easier schedule could make a playoff run.
5. NT - They seem to always have a good team but just can't put it together.
6. Ansonia - This is always a program that could be really good or really average so I feel 2-6 is where they could end up.
7. Dixie - Give them a few years and they could put together a solid program.
8. TVS - They have a very similar program like NT big numbers but can't put it together.
9. MV - They were good last year (for their standards) can they do it 2 years in a row.
10. Bradford - Just saying Bradford and football makes it last place.

I know some people want to put the WOAC down but right now they have 6 teams who have a legit chance of making the playoffs and being pretty solid. DIxie and TVS have the kids to be really good they just need to buy into it. Bradford and MV seem to be lost causes. I know they have success from time to time but almost every year they are in the cellar.

Bradford MV
2020 1-9 2-8
2019 0-10 7-4
2018 0-10 4-6
2017 0-10 1-9
2016 3-7* 0-10
2015 4-6* 0-10
2014 no team 0-9
2013 0-10 2-8
2012 8-2 0-10
2011 5-5 0-10
2010 5-5 1-9

*no CCC schedule

That's pretty pathetic!

6. Ansonia - This is always a program that could be really good or really average so I feel 2-6 is where they could end up.
8. TVS - They have a very similar program like NT big numbers but can't put it together.
9. MV - They were good last year (for their standards) can they do it 2 years in a row.

I know some people want to put the WOAC down but right now they have 6 teams who have a legit chance of making the playoffs and being pretty solid. DIxie and TVS have the kids to be really good they just need to buy into it. Bradford and MV seem to be lost causes. I know they have success from time to time but almost every year they are in the cellar.

Bradford MV
2020 1-9 2-8
2019 0-10 7-4
2018 0-10 4-6
2017 0-10 1-9
2016 3-7* 0-10
2015 4-6* 0-10
2014 no team 0-9
2013 0-10 2-8
2012 8-2 0-10
2011 5-5 0-10
2010 5-5 1-9

*no CCC schedule

That's pretty pathetic!
When it comes to Bradford and Mississinawa Valley, they should be playing 8 Man football. Or worse... Especially Bradford. Overall I like this new league.

Will FM or Newton consider football with now being in a conference without covington, miami east, etc? This is a confrence that they could start a program in without worry of getting completely throttled and hurt

Bradford MV
2020 1-9 2-8
2019 0-10 7-4
2018 0-10 4-6
2017 0-10 1-9
2016 3-7* 0-10
2015 4-6* 0-10
2014 no team 0-9
2013 0-10 2-8
2012 8-2 0-10
2011 5-5 0-10
2010 5-5 1-9

*no CCC schedule

That's pretty pathetic!
It wasn't a CCC game at the time, but Bradford actually played TV this year and won, came back and scored like 50 on them.

I would say this is probably a no. Both are soccer schools with very few kids to spread around.
I might disagree a little on FM. I've always said if TV and FM had football they would have solid programs as they always have a great base of athletes at both schools. TV started a program and are now considered top dogs so anything is possible.

Looking forward to this new league has the making for a solid football league and a great basketball league.

will be a good basketball league but poor football league across the board. it’s hard to argue otherwise.
There are some solid football programs across the board with loads of tradition. TCN and Ansonia had some very good teams in the 2010's, Arcanum and TV will be a force the next few years. PS and NT should improve and Dixie and TVS have great athletes but can just never seem to put it together. Then you have MV and Bradford.

I would love to see them have a 1 out of conference game 8 in conference games and a conference championship/standings matchup week (1 plays 2, 3 plays 4.......). I don't know if anyone else does this in the state but the CCC did it last year and I thought it was great.

I would love to see them have a 1 out of conference game 8 in conference games and a conference championship/standings matchup week (1 plays 2, 3 plays 4.......). I don't know if anyone else does this in the state but the CCC did it last year and I thought it was great.
having 3 OOC games allowed the schools to schedule games that they can gain harbin points from. playing 9 conference games helps no one. of course, teams that don’t plan on realistically contending for a playoff spot can schedule other conference teams those first 3 weeks if they please.

the thing i dont like about the week 10 championship idea is rematches. no one wants to play a team twice in the regular season. this only could work in a league with 2, 8 team divisions. everyone gets 7 division games and then they play a team with the same standing in the other division week 10. but then you run into the issue of how many home and away games each school has. it’s just not a good idea.

I believe the state does not give Harbins for a rematch. Not 100% on that, I'm sure someone can help me out with that.

I believe the state does not give Harbins for a rematch. Not 100% on that, I'm sure someone can help me out with that.
Harbins are indeed awarded for a second matchup between teams. Not a problem.

I do believe the state has a deadline for scheduling games, in order to prevent teams from adding last minute week nine and ten games to manipulate the computer points. It might be possible that a prescheduled league championship week could be allowed, but you would have to check with the OSHAA.

I do believe the state has a deadline for scheduling games, in order to prevent teams from adding last minute week nine and ten games to manipulate the computer points. It might be possible that a prescheduled league championship week could be allowed, but you would have to check with the OSHAA.
ahhh, that might be what I was thinking about. Since it is not scheduled before week 9 was complete, no Harbins. Maybe the OHSAA would allow it, maybe not.
Seems like a bad idea to me anyway. 1 team will be getting more points, and 1 pretty good team is guaranteed a loss in week 10 when they are fighting to make it in. Same with #3 and #4. Seems like it could hurt the league more than help it.

WOAC will come down to Shawnee and Tri Village next year. Shawnee has a good program and they are not going to be beaten easily. I dont see Arcanum or Ansonia challenging the Arrows. It'll be interesting seeing the change in Shawnee with the easier scheduling. They did a great job adding Miami East to their schedule. Two very similar programs.
Arcanum shows they haven't found an OOC opponent yet? Interesting. New Bremen looks open in week 1. Ouch.
Tri Village takes on Troy Christian, should be a good game.
This will be a nice league for these schools. Emphasis will be on League titles and not so much playoffs.

WOAC will come down to Shawnee and Tri Village next year. Shawnee has a good program and they are not going to be beaten easily. I dont see Arcanum or Ansonia challenging the Arrows. It'll be interesting seeing the change in Shawnee with the easier scheduling. They did a great job adding Miami East to their schedule. Two very similar programs.
Arcanum shows they haven't found an OOC opponent yet? Interesting. New Bremen looks open in week 1. Ouch.
Tri Village takes on Troy Christian, should be a good game.
This will be a nice league for these schools. Emphasis will be on League titles and not so much playoffs.
i think it’s very possible this league could go some years without a playoff bid.

i think it’s very possible this league could go some years without a playoff bid.
nope. Even if every team lost every OOC game (which obviously won't happen). They are playing a 9 game league schedule. Somebody is going to win those games. 9-1 and 8-2 are certain to make the playoffs with then new 12 team format. 7-3 has a better chance than not.
Every league will put multiple teams in the playoffs.

nope. Even if every team lost every OOC game (which obviously won't happen). They are playing a 9 game league schedule. Somebody is going to win those games. 9-1 and 8-2 are certain to make the playoffs with then new 12 team format. 7-3 has a better chance than not.
Every league will put multiple teams in the playoffs.
ah yes, forgot about the 12 team format. in the 8 team, there are years where they could’ve gone without.

could see a 9-1 WOAC champ with a #6 seed get clocked by a 5-5 MAC team with an #11 seed very often.

could see a 9-1 WOAC champ with a #6 seed get clocked by a 5-5 MAC team with an #11 seed very often.

There are a whole bunch of leagues around the state you could say that about! Not sure comparing the WOAC, TRC, OHC or any other local league to the MAC is fair. Everyone wants to be there, but we all know the MAC has something special.

There are a whole bunch of leagues around the state you could say that about! Not sure comparing the WOAC, TRC, OHC or any other local league to the MAC is fair. Everyone wants to be there, but we all know the MAC has something special.
When you're a boarder conference to the MAC, it just, quite literally, comes with the territory.
I guess people just assume the gene pool and way of culture spreads out to the (now) WOAC, NWC and WBL. ...and maybe a lesser extent TRC and NWCC.

When you're a boarder conference to the MAC, it just, quite literally, comes with the territory.
I guess people just assume the gene pool and way of culture spreads out to the (now) WOAC, NWC and WBL. ...and maybe a lesser extent TRC and NWCC.
maybe slightly when you have a coldwater kid move to wapak and start a family after high school/college but not enough of that happens to really have an effect.

next year #11 seed St Henry takes out #3 seed Tri Village in the round of 32, by 3 scores. you heard it here first!
Definitely plausible. St Henry has a good defense. Held us to 21 points last year. Then again that Tri-Village backfield from what I've seen is also something special but St Henry will control the line of scrimmage.

Don't sleep on Ansonia, Arcanum, TCN and NT. I really feel like Arcanum might even run away with it. They have so much young talent and they're getting much better.

Don't sleep on Ansonia, Arcanum, TCN and NT. I really feel like Arcanum might even run away with it. They have so much young talent and they're getting much better.
Tri Village, Preble Shawnee, Arcanum in that order next year. Tri Village and Arcanum make playoffs. Tri Village gets a bye week. i think Preble Shawnee has a small chance with the schedule they play. probably have to go 9-1 to get in. 8-2 may get a 11/12 seed.