TRAC 2021

School boards only have to approve their individual school leaving to join another conference. Perrysburg’s board does not vote on new schools being admitted into the league; that will be determined by the league’s bylaws.
If this is the case and every school except for AW and Perrysburg wants the change, what's stopping them from going ahead and forcing the hand AW and PBurg to either get on board or find a different league? It doesn't seem like there's any other feasible options for them in the area, so if 80% of the schools are on board with it, doesn't it seem like they have to play along?

NLL just put out a press release talking about the expansion. Looks like they will form into the two divisions, eight teams each. It's happening!!!!

NLL just put out a press release talking about the expansion. Looks like they will form into the two divisions, eight teams each. It's happening!!!!
Any school leaving their league and joining the NLL will have to have their school board's approval. That could be a problem (looking at you Defiance and Waseaon)

Any school leaving their league and joining the NLL will have to have their school board's approval. That could be a problem (looking at you Defiance and Waseaon)
Yes, but for all intents and purposes, the top division is basically set in stone. RIP TRAC for real now

I still have a hard time believing most of the schools in the NLL sign up to travel to Ross. We are very spoiled with travel in the NLL. I had three kids go through Northview and made the trek out to Napoleon many times for sports or band. I always would complain but its such an easy 40-45 minute drive. The drive from NV/SV/AW/Nap to Ross would be a pain although all of those teams wouldn't be in the same divisions as Ross.
I travel to Fremont a lot from Holland, just get an EZPASS and jump on the turnpike, quick trip

The catholic schools, especially TCC better get some gas in those busses. Going to be traveling 100's of miles for half their games. I assume GCL in Cincinnati and Ed's and Iggy in Cleveland will be the go to schools to play in football. Also, some in Detroit metro area.

The catholic schools, especially TCC better get some gas in those busses. Going to be traveling 100's of miles for half their games. I assume GCL in Cincinnati and Ed's and Iggy in Cleveland will be the go to schools to play in football. Also, some in Detroit metro area.
Clearly the 5 schools that are going to be the biggest losers in this game of musical chairs will be.
TCC
STF
STJ
Lima
STU
ND

I am guessing that the first four will continue to play each year in football so that will leave them 7 game to find (6 for Lima since they will have LCC.). Do these schools along with LCC and maybe some other school that gets left out form a small league? Do they all try to join with TCL?

Lima Senior would push to join the City League, as they have been doing for years, and would likely gain entry now.

The only teams getting screwed by this are the teams that the public schools WANT to screw by doing this. I can almost guarantee there will be an agreement among teams in this conference not to schedule private schools as well. After all of the "double-standarding" they got this year, the bridge is totally and irreparably burned there...you make the bed, you got to sleep in it as they say.

St. Francis, Central, and St. Johns could form a scheduling alliance (and likely would given their need to minimize costs and retain what few games fans might attend), but there isn't another school in this area who would willingly join or create a conference with them. They're independent and finding 8 games a year from here on out.

I could see DCC, Iggy/Eds, UD Jesuit, and De La Salle being willing to schedule, but the GCL schools aren't going to add middling SJJ and SFS to their schedules when they have world beaters every week instead...they will see no benefit.

Lima Senior would push to join the City League, as they have been doing for years, and would likely gain entry now.

The only teams getting screwed by this are the teams that the public schools WANT to screw by doing this. I can almost guarantee there will be an agreement among teams in this conference not to schedule private schools as well.
Nonsense.

Nonsense.

We'll see...there is a lot of bad blood right now that has been accumulating for years, but it came to a head with the special treatment the private schools got this year when everyone else was following the rules. I could easily see the ADs being petty and driving the knife in all the way. This NLL expansion announcement was almost certainly driven by the TRAC publics, they have had enough. The NLL are just giving them a public way out and keeping some stuff in the back room, rather than any animosity coming out publicly if the TRAC were to simply dissolve...which has been on the table.

Findlay will continue to underperform. They never won the TRAC and will not win the NLL either.

We'll see...there is a lot of bad blood right now that has been accumulating for years, but it came to a head with the special treatment the private schools got this year when everyone else was following the rules. I could easily see the ADs being petty and driving the knife in all the way. This NLL expansion announcement was almost certainly driven by the TRAC publics, they have had enough. The NLL are just giving them a public way out and keeping some stuff in the back room, rather than any animosity coming out publicly if the TRAC were to simply dissolve...which has been on the table.
C'mon man. Why would the NLL turn itself inside-out for Findlay?

Maumee and Napoleon have been making noise about leaving for some years. Now if the NLL can keep it's 8 members happy by a merge with 4 TRAC schools and 4 more schools close to the size of Maumee and Napoleon, well then almost everyone but the papists will be happy.

But I cant see any reason for the NBC and the NWOAL the break up to solve the TRAC's problems with the Catholic schools.

Where are those 4 more schools going to come from? The fact that there is a press release indicates they don't know either.

They aren't, in fact, the opposite has been true for years...Findlay and Clay have been beating the doors down for the better part of the last half decade trying to get the NLL to open up, but now they have an incentive to, because they were more than likely losing at least one, and potentially two teams if they did nothing.

Also, the NBC is blowing up on their own already, and would've taken at least one, potentially two, NLL teams if they could've. By expanding, you're making your smaller teams happy by giving them an ability to compete again...that is the main reason for the NLL doing what they're doing. To be clear, Whitmer, Findlay, and Clay are jumping to spite the Catholic schools, the NLL couldn't care less about them.

Elmwood is gone to the BVC and Woodmore is likely out the door as well. The NBC is waiting on Oak Harbor and Maumee to inform them of their decision (and I've heard that BG was the next to get an invite if either said no), and if they say no, they're on unstable ground. The NLL wouldn't be doing favors, they'd be taking advantage of a situation to expand and solidify their own standing.

The four schools will be from this group:
Eastwood, Genoa, Lake, Rossford, Defiance, Evergreen, Wauseon, or Swanton.

All of those schools would stand to gain something from joining a conference like the small school division of the NLL, whether it be decreased travel, better competition to improve playoff performance, or historic rivalries being rekindled. I mean, hell, look at the OOC schedules for Maumee, Napoleon, and Bowling Green...at least two of those schools are on every one of them for the past few years. Actually...Lake, Genoa, Eastwood and Rossford were founding members of the original NLL, so it's not as if they would be put out by the idea based on a lack of relationships.

Last edited:
I mean, the NBC is blowing up on their own.

Elmwood is gone to the BVC and Woodmore is likely out the door as well. The NBC is waiting on Oak Harbor and Maumee to inform them of their decision, and if they say no, they're on unstable ground. The NLL wouldn't be doing favors, they'd be taking advantage of a situation to expand and solidify their own standing.

All of those schools would stand to gain something from joining a conference like the small school division of the NLL, whether it be decreased travel, better competition to improve playoff performance, or historic rivalries being rekindled. I mean, hell, look at the OOC schedules for Maumee, Napoleon, and Bowling Green...at least two of those schools are on every one of them for the past few years. Actually...Lake, Genoa, Eastwood and Rossford were founding members of the original NLL, so it's not as if they would be put out by the idea based on a lack of relationships.

Evergreen? Other than the suburban thing, if you're adding a D6 football school you'd be better getting Archbold or Liberty Center who could actually hope to compete.

C'mon man. Why would the NLL turn itself inside-out for Findlay?

Maumee and Napoleon have been making noise about leaving for some years. Now if the NLL can keep it's 8 members happy by a merge with 4 TRAC schools and 4 more schools close to the size of Maumee and Napoleon, well then almost everyone but the papists will be happy.

But I cant see any reason for the NBC and the NWOAL the break up to solve the TRAC's problems with the Catholic schools.

Where are those 4 more schools going to come from? The fact that there is a press release indicates they don't know either.
I am with you. I see no upside for Bryan and defiance and waseon leaving their well established leagues where they have history.
Are there worries that the nwoal could be in trouble?

someone else mentioned Rossford coming over?

it makes more sense to bring teams to the nbc than to leave it

They aren't, in fact, the opposite has been true for years...Findlay and Clay have been beating the doors down for the better part of the last half decade trying to get the NLL to open up, but now they have an incentive to, because they were more than likely losing at least one, and potentially two teams if they did nothing.

Also, the NBC is blowing up on their own already, and would've taken at least one, potentially two, NLL teams if they could've. By expanding, you're making your smaller teams happy by giving them an ability to compete again...that is the main reason for the NLL doing what they're doing. To be clear, Whitmer, Findlay, and Clay are jumping to spite the Catholic schools, the NLL couldn't care less about them.

Elmwood is gone to the BVC and Woodmore is likely out the door as well. The NBC is waiting on Oak Harbor and Maumee to inform them of their decision (and I've heard that BG was the next to get an invite if either said no), and if they say no, they're on unstable ground. The NLL wouldn't be doing favors, they'd be taking advantage of a situation to expand and solidify their own standing.

It would make way too much sense for maumee to go to the nbc. As a BB parent and former booster club person, I am advocating for this.

Some people have mentioned that maumee is “too big” and would “dominate” the nbc. This is silly. Maumee has not won much of anything lately. Why that is would be a completely different conversation.

I am with you. I see no upside for Bryan and defiance and waseon leaving their well established leagues where they have history.
Are there worries that the nwoal could be in trouble?

There has been talk in the past about Evergreen wanting to leave. They won the league in basketball last season and now they have 4 league titles in boys sports and they've been in the league 40+ years. Maybe Swanton and Delta go with them. Who knows? Certainly not me.

It would make way too much sense for maumee to go to the nbc. As a BB parent and former booster club person, I am advocating for this.

Some people have mentioned that maumee is “too big” and would “dominate” the nbc. This is silly. Maumee has not won much of anything lately. Why that is would be a completely different conversation.

Oh, for sure...although, I think a conference with Napoleon, BG, Southview, Maumee, Eastwood, Lake, Genoa, and Rossford would be far more attractive than one with Otsego, Woodmore, Fostoria, Maumee, Lake, Eastwood, Genoa, and Rossford. You keep some history with some opponents, and add in more that have some solid games without crazy drives.

Plus, the dumbasses in charge already turned the NBC down once because of "history" even though everyone and their mother could see the writing on the wall back in 2009.

Last edited:
There has been talk in the past about Evergreen wanting to leave. They won the league in basketball last season and now they have 4 league titles in boys sports and they've been in the league 40+ years. Maybe Swanton and Delta go with them. Who knows? Certainly not me.

I'd be more worried about the NBC scooping up Liberty Center and Patrick Henry when Elmwood and Woodmore leave if Maumee and Oak Harbor decline...that would cripple the NWOAL, and would be more than enough to have Evergreen, Delta, Wauseon, Bryan, and Swanton probably reach out to Ottawa Hills and Northwood to see if they want to stop driving to Williams County as often.

There are so many moving parts here...I love all of the fun ways this could work out.

Oh, for sure...although, I think a conference with Napoleon, BG, Southview, Maumee, Eastwood, Lake, Genoa, and Rossford would be far more attractive than one with Otsego, Woodmore, Fostoria, Maumee, Lake, Eastwood, Genoa, and Rossford. You keep some history with some opponents, and add in more that have some solid games without crazy drives.

Plus, the dumbasses in charge already turned the NBC down once because of "history" even though everyone and their mother could see the writing on the wall back in 2009.
Why the hate for Otsego?

Why the hate for Otsego?

No hate for Otsego whatsoever, great school, great team, I had a neighbor who worked in administration there for years, and a there is a Maumee alum at the helm...I was more comparing the drives (specifically with Fostoria and Woodmore/Oak Harbor included). Plus, I think if you put games against teams people know and have a history with, they will always be more attractive than games against teams which people are not anywhere near as familiar with.

Maumee - 567
Napoleon - 506
Rossford - 432
Fostoria - 398
Eastwood - 362
Lake - 361
Otsego - 358
Genoa - 341
Elmwood - 277
Northwood -255
Woodmore - 250

Size matters. Why does Maumee want out of the NLL?

I remember watching Maumee in the football playoffs not too many years ago. Against weaker competition, Maumee could get a lot better real fast.

It still might be the best thing for the NBC to do.

Nope.

SV - 745
BG - 714
Defiance - 577
Maumee - 567
Napoleon - 506
Rossford - 432
Wauseon - 418
Eastwood - 362
Lake - 361
Otsego - 358
Genoa - 341
Swanton - 328
Evergreen - 304

Defiance? Sure. Rossford or Wauseon? Maybe, but why? Could they entice Wauseon and Bryan (488)? That would be eight, but why would Wauseon want to be the smallest school in a new league?

For sure nobody else on that list is joining.

If the NBC loses Elmwood and Woodmore they can readily add Northwood (I think) and Maumee. I think Maumee is too big, but that's waaaay better than joining a league with SV, BG, Defiance, and Napoleon too. Or ask Wauseon and Oak Harbor, again apparently. Those two would be a nice fit.

Last edited:
Nope.

SV - 745
BG - 714
Defiance - 577
Maumee - 567
Napoleon - 506
Rossford - 432
Eastwood - 362
Lake - 361
Otsego - 358
Genoa - 341
Swanton - 328
Wauseon - 318
Evergreen - 304

Defiance? Sure. Rossford? Maybe, but why? For sure nobody else on that list is joining.

Bryan is a long drive but might come with Defiance and at 488 makes more sense. But I have no idea what they think.

Recheck those Wauseon numbers. They're D4 in football, D2 basketball. About on par with Bryan and Napoleon.

Oops. You're right. Add 100.

Bryan is 488.

Honestly, I'll admit, I thought Bryan was far smaller, my mistake. Add them to that list, I didn't include them because I thought they were down in the D6/7 sizes and that plus the drive would be tough to warrant inclusion.

I could see a Bryan-Defiance-Wauseon triumverate...bit then who is the 4th? Eastwood or Otsego? Someone else from the NWOAL?

Honestly, I'll admit, I thought Bryan was far smaller, my mistake. Add them to that list, I didn't include them because I thought they were down in the D6/7 sizes and that plus the drive would be tough to warrant inclusion.

I could see a Bryan-Defiance-Wauseon triumverate...bit then who is the 4th? Eastwood or Otsego? Someone else from the NWOAL?
I know people at Eastwood and Otsego. Not a chance they join a league with two schools twice their size.

The rest of the NWOAL is too small.

Rossford is the largest school in the NBC, but it makes no sense for them. The NBC can easily get back to eight. Why would they choose to be the second smallest in a new league?