Northwest Ohio Realignment

I heard that Central would be willing to leave the TRAC for football if it solves anything. All of this really boils down to Central in football, St. John's in boys basketball, and Notre Dame in girls basketball. Those are the only 3 Catholic schools that have shown consistent high level success. I hope that the AD's and school boards look at this as a whole and not focus on just football.

For example, Whitmer and Fremont Ross in girls soccer gets smoked by SUA and NDA each year, among others. Do you think they will fare any better against Perrysburg, Northview, and Anthony Wayne?
Do you honestly think anyone at Whitmer cares about getting smoked in girls soccer? What’s next, you going to tell us Whitmer will get smoked in Tennis and Golf too?

Can you see maumee going to the nbc if woodmore and Elmwood leave? Maumee is hardly a powerhouse and plays the nbc schools in a lot of sports. If maumee is too big, who does the nbc invite? Northwood?
Elmwood is already out the door, headed to the BVC. Northwood or Maumee would seem like the easiest additions

Elmwood is already out the door, headed to the BVC. Northwood or Maumee would seem like the easiest additions

If Elmwood is out the door, Woodmore won't be far behind. At least you would think.

Northwood would be the easiest add as a replacement as I don't think there would be hesitation.

At least Northwood has a football stadium with more than 5 rows of bleachers - since Otsego apparently needs to get out of such a "garbage" league.
Must have struck a nerve... Not sure what 5 rows of bleachers has to do with the NWOAL being better than the NBC in every sport. I can't speak for Otsego. I would say if Wauseon or Bryan leave, they are the logical choice to fill the void.

I heard that Central would be willing to leave the TRAC for football if it solves anything. All of this really boils down to Central in football, St. John's in boys basketball, and Notre Dame in girls basketball. Those are the only 3 Catholic schools that have shown consistent high level success. I hope that the AD's and school boards look at this as a whole and not focus on just football.

For example, Whitmer and Fremont Ross in girls soccer gets smoked by SUA and NDA each year, among others. Do you think they will fare any better against Perrysburg, Northview, and Anthony Wayne?

Not that it matters, but you can add St. Ursula Volleyball to this list. They are 72-3 in the TRAC, with their only losses coming to NDA who they are 10-3 against since TRAC play began.

In the last 20 years they have been to the Final 4 12 times, been runner up 4 times and State Champs twice. They probably could have made 2 more Final 4's in that time if they didn't meet the #1 ranked team in the country back to back years('18 & '19) in the regional.

What I like about that program is they will travel to Cleveland, Columbus and Cincy to play the best competition. Their 15 non-league games usually have 8-10 teams ranked top 10 in the state. Obviously that is much easier to do with the roster numbers, staff and equipment required for volleyball vs football.

Rogers girls just won back to back state titles the boys went to the state final ‘11 and ‘13
Bowsher and Start have recent district championships. Just curious what would be wrong with Clay +1 joining the CL bringing them to 8?
13 was the year I felt my Truckers blew an opportunity to make a deep run. They did beat Whitmer and Rogers that year.

Must have struck a nerve... Not sure what 5 rows of bleachers has to do with the NWOAL being better than the NBC in every sport. I can't speak for Otsego. I would say if Wauseon or Bryan leave, they are the logical choice to fill the void.
I was surprised my first time going to Ostego, the away bleachers maybe go up 7 rows, was just shocked they didn’t have more room for away fans. Perhaps other league schools don’t travel well. I can also say the goal posts and lighting system look like they were donated in about 1981 and have not been improved upon since. I have no idea how this matters as far as league affiliation, just an observations. Also not sure if they would want to make a jump, the current NBC is pretty much wood county schools, can’t get much more compact then that for travel.

FYI for those in this thread, looks like the NLL put out a press release saying they are "seeking to expand." Their "vision for expansion" includes the eight teams in a division in a two division format that many were speculating. Interesting to see what will happen next.

Not that it matters, but you can add St. Ursula Volleyball to this list. They are 72-3 in the TRAC, with their only losses coming to NDA who they are 10-3 against since TRAC play began.

In the last 20 years they have been to the Final 4 12 times, been runner up 4 times and State Champs twice. They probably could have made 2 more Final 4's in that time if they didn't meet the #1 ranked team in the country back to back years('18 & '19) in the regional.

What I like about that program is they will travel to Cleveland, Columbus and Cincy to play the best competition. Their 15 non-league games usually have 8-10 teams ranked top 10 in the state. Obviously that is much easier to do with the roster numbers, staff and equipment required for volleyball vs football.
You can add STF swimming. Have won every TRAC swim meet by a wide margin.

LCC was asked to leave the NWC. Perry was asked to leave the NWC. Upper Scioto Valley was asked to leave the NWC. Hardin Northern was asked to leave the BVC. Holgate was asked to leave the GMC. Lima Senior was asked to leave the GMC (a different GMC).

So...yeah. You can.

You can...that's why I said typically. USV, Hardin Northern and Holgate also had did something to make the leagues ask them to leave - they dropped football. They could have just as well voted them out for cause. Actually I think Hogate was voted out if I think about it.

The talk about competition in the TRAC got me interested in the actual numbers. Here is what I came up with from the TRAC Website.

Championships by school. Some are shared and no I will not do it for the NLL ;).

1610731683476.png

Thanks CC Track for finding the errors.

************Correction************

I already deleted my spread sheet so I can't update the file

Add 1 to Fremont for Track and take one away from Findlay for Track.
Add 5 to Findlay for Gymnastics and take 5 away from St Ursula for Gymnastics.

So SUA has 25, Findlay has 12 and Fremont has 5.

Last edited:
FYI for those in this thread, looks like the NLL put out a press release saying they are "seeking to expand." Their "vision for expansion" includes the eight teams in a division in a two division format that many were speculating. Interesting to see what will happen next.

1610731889615.png

Do you honestly think anyone at Whitmer cares about getting smoked in girls soccer? What’s next, you going to tell us Whitmer will get smoked in Tennis and Golf too?
You are very one dimensional in your thinking. Other than Central in football and Notre Dame in girls basketball, there is a lot of balance in most of the sports in the TRAC.

LCC was asked to leave the NWC. Perry was asked to leave the NWC. Upper Scioto Valley was asked to leave the NWC. Hardin Northern was asked to leave the BVC. Holgate was asked to leave the GMC. Lima Senior was asked to leave the GMC (a different GMC).

So...yeah. You can.

Defiance was voted out of the NWOAL. 70 years ago, but it still happened. Napoleon then spent the next almost 30 years dealing with being pushed out before leaving on their own.

Funny enough, they never had a problem with Bryan. Hmm, wonder why.....

Defiance was voted out of the NWOAL. 70 years ago, but it still happened. Napoleon then spent the next almost 30 years dealing with being pushed out before leaving on their own.

Funny enough, they never had a problem with Bryan. Hmm, wonder why.....
Nobody was pushing very hard then, were they?

Nobody was pushing very hard then, were they?

League almost broke up because of it.

At one point the NWOAL was literally one defection away from being done, and LC almost left. Everyone NOT named Napoleon and Bryan had a league together (NBL).

They voted Defiance out for being too big. Napoleon was always just under their guideline for "too big" so they could never officially do it. Instead they just all slowly starting leaving until Napoleon got the hint.

I assume the NLL wants to make it work for the small schools in the league. Adding big schools doesn't help that cause.

I will be real surprised if any "big school" other than Clay is added. Adding 3-4 big schools just bumps the current NLL teams down into the small school division. That does nothing for the schools who were unhappy. A school like Maumee was struggling with all schools in the NLL not just the largest schools.

I would put money on Clay and bringing former NLL schools Rossford and Lake back into the fold. Then the remaining openings will be filled with small schools before Lima, Findlay and Fremont.

If a 2nd big school is added then I assume Whitmer would be next in line due to travel.

Last edited:
Any way they'd just go 12?

Perrysburg
Whitmer
Findlay
Fremont
AW
Springfield

NV
SV
BG
Maumee
Napoleon
Clay

Still looks pretty good to me.

Edit: I know that isn't going by straight entollment but it seems like competitively Clay would belong in the bottom tier in that format.

If Elmwood is out the door, Woodmore won't be far behind. At least you would think.

Northwood would be the easiest add as a replacement as I don't think there would be hesitation.
Replacing Elmwood with Northwood immediately seems like it would be a good fit for all parties. The NBC gets a more competitive replacement (at least in football, not familiar with Northwood's other sports) for Elmwood that isn't that much smaller than the rest of the league, and Northwood gets a more competitive league and assuming they can win in the NBC shouldn't have to worry about making the D5 or D6 playoffs anymore. Getting Northwood involved sooner than later might hold Woodmore in too.

Heard the only way Elmwood and Woodmore stayed is if the NBC went to 12 schools. With that being said the NBC asked 6 new schools to join 3 said yes and 2 said no and still waiting to hear back from one. we shall see.

Very interesting how underperforming Findlay athletics are.

Championships don't tell the whole story. You can be a good team and have one off night or the other team is just better. It doesn't mean a team/program is not competitive, but I still thought it was interesting.

Heard the only way Elmwood and Woodmore stayed is if the NBC went to 12 schools. With that being said the NBC asked 6 new schools to join 3 said yes and 2 said no and still waiting to hear back from one. we shall see.
There was a vote before Christmas on whether to expand after information came back amongst the schools not threatening to leave and those 6 schools all voted no on the expansion to 12. NBC is going to ride or die with 8 so they will have to back fill Woodmore and Elmwood IF/WHEN they decide to leave.

Lakota and Gibsonburg said no