Up Next: Hoban vs. X post-playoff regular season game

4GX is the face of the St. X program, and the smartest guy in the room.

BS. He is an embarrassment to everyone who goes to, teaches at, graduated from, and/or is associated with X - in other words, he is our Ohioriverboy42. As I said above, please ignore his childish antics - nothing of what he says represents anything close to the feelings of Bomber nation.

Last edited:
all I can say is you are an idiot. Go beat those schools then come back to talk your shyt. Won’t happen but let me know when you play them so I can watch the arse kicking you will get
I can see who is displaying idiocy here, and it's not me-- that's probably why the above is "all you can say"-- it's a reflection of your intellect. X has played (and beaten) similar type schools-- often, in the past (in the relatively recent period, before IMG even began fielding a football team)-- and has, in all but one game (with special injury circumstances-- against St. John Bosco-- which in their most recent season was BETTER than-- and defeated-- Mater Dei), been competitive with those type schools (by that, I mean schools that are nationally ranked by USA Today, and, state champions and/or long-time state powerhouses).

The determinant as to whether X plays those type schools again, as I've noted to you here MULTIPLE times, is the other school-- NOT X, as the travel required to play those schools outside of Ohio (given their remote locations) is not permitted by the OHSAA-- you keep saying "go play those schools" when you KNOW that it is not up to X (or any OTHER Ohio school) whether those teams play an Ohio team-- but, when I point out that X has played (and BEATEN) similar type schools, when those games have been able to be scheduled here in Ohio, you choose to act like an ignoramus about the games because it doesn't suit your false narrative (even though the rest of the time, you want to pretend like you are some kind of high school football savant).

BS. He is an embarrassment to everyone who goes to, teaches at, graduated from, and/or is associated with X - in other words, he is our Ohioriverboy42. As I said above, please ignore his childish antics - nothing of what he says represents anything close to the feelings of Bomber nation.
Nothing like hearing from a grumpy old curmudgeon, over and over again, when he has NOTHING to add to the thread topic, except to castigate another poster...

To refute your claims, I would note that I am close friends with someone that has one of the longest personal tenures of association with X of anyone alive (and NO, it's NOT John Emmett)-- someone who is close friends with Steve Specht (and actually talks/corresponds with him regularly)-- and HE TOO feels that X is capable, on its day, of competing well with most all of the nationally ranked HS football teams-- and, whether competitive or not, he tells me that Specht would not (and DOES not) shy away from playing those teams-- as it only tends to support his basic mantra, which is: you play the game to get better-- and you don't get better by just playing teams that you can easily defeat-- even a whipping can be an instructive learning experience-- as the arse-kicking that Ig gave X (at home) in the 2016 regular season was for the rematch (which X won) in the state title game that year.

You go on in your delirium, thinking that YOU know best about who represents and/or understands X-- I'm secure in my knowledge that my history, knowledge, and attachment to X dwarfs ANYTHING that you (and your entire extended family) can ever HOPE to have.

Nothing like hearing from a grumpy old curmudgeon, over and over again, when he has NOTHING to add to the thread topic, except to castigate another poster...

To refute your claims, I would note that I am close friends with someone that has one of the longest personal tenures of association with X of anyone alive (and NO, it's NOT John Emmett)-- someone who is close friends with Steve Specht (and actually talks/corresponds with him regularly)-- and HE TOO feels that X is capable, on its day, of competing well with most all of the nationally ranked HS football teams-- and, whether competitive or not, he tells me that Specht would not (and DOES not) shy away from playing those teams-- as it only tends to support his basic mantra, which is: you play the game to get better-- and you don't get better by just playing teams that you can easily defeat-- even a whipping can be an instructive learning experience-- as the arse-kicking that Ig gave X (at home) in the 2016 regular season was for the rematch (which X won) in the state title game that year.

You go on in your delirium, thinking that YOU know best about who represents and/or understands X-- I'm secure in my knowledge that my history, knowledge, and attachment to X dwarfs ANYTHING that you (and your entire extended family) can ever HOPE to have.

Holy zombie thread Batman. I assumed you had died or simply crawled back in your hole. Why is it that every time you post all I can picture is the scene from Forrest Gump where the principal explains to Forrest's mom where Forrest falls on the "normal" IQ chart?

4x also has a bigger house than you and owns houses in multiple states.........just ask him

jtk
()

Holy zombie thread Batman. I assumed you had died or simply crawled back in your hole. Why is it that every time you post all I can picture is the scene from Forrest Gump where the principal explains to Forrest's mom where Forrest falls on the "normal" IQ chart?
Because you're limited in intellect and imagination-- you get most of your ideas from movies-- try reading a book.

Dear God above please make it stop. I can't believe I'm saying this but thanks to this idiot 4GX there is someone on here I have more disdain for than the moronic Massillon haters. Dear Lord SHUT THE HE!! UP AND GO AWAY.

Last edited:
This thread reminded me of the St. X - DeMatha game in 2007, so I went back and looked it up and completely forgot that Darius Ashley was out for that game. X was a monster that year, but I remember being very underwhelmed with DeMatha. X won 28-7 without Ashley.

Reactions: 4GX
I lean towards St X. But realistically, if they played 10 times, I believe it would be 5 wins each. Now that the Ohio and PA state championships are done, the 2 games I would love to see are:
PA - 6A champion (St. Joe's Prep) versus Ohio - Division I champion (St. X).
PA - 5A champion (Pine Richland) versus Ohio - Division II champion (Hoban).

Then I would add these games as well to be able to see:
PA - 4A champion Thomas Jefferson vs. Ohio division 3 champion Chardon
PA - 3A champion Central Valley vs. Ohio division 4 champion Van Wert
PA - 2A champion Southern Columbia vs. Ohio division 5 champion Kirtland
PA - 1A champion Steelton-Highspire vs. Ohio division 6/7 champion Coldwater or New Brenan
X consistently plays Indiana and Kentucky teams, but I can't ever remember playing any Pennsylvania teams. It seems like it'd be a great fit.

X consistently plays Indiana and Kentucky teams, but I can't ever remember playing any Pennsylvania teams. It seems like it'd be a great fit.
I completely agree. Would make for some great home and away series. They could do a (week 1) 2-3 games on Saturday and 2-3 on Sunday. All at 1 venue.

Dear God above please make it stop. I can't believe I'm saying this but thanks to this idiot 4GX there is someone on here I have more disdain for than the moronic Massillon haters. Dear Lord SHUT THE HE!! UP AND GO AWAY.
Go read one of the multitude of "Massillon pining for attention, acceptance, and acknowledgement" threads available here-- no one held a gun to your head to read this thread. Clearly, the irony (and idiocy) of someone who hasn't got enough sense to just change the channel when you don't like what's on the TV, complaining about (what you think is) moronic behavior it totally lost on you. Since you don't have anything useful to contribute to the original topic of the thread, you could always take your whining and complaining to a Massillon thread-- where it will be right at home. There are others here who DO wish to discuss more interesting matchups than the total mismatch that was the last game between Hoban and Massillon.

Last edited:
Just checking in.
What time is this game this weekend and will they allow fans or just parents and boosters/recruiters?

I completely agree. Would make for some great home and away series. They could do a (week 1) 2-3 games on Saturday and 2-3 on Sunday. All at 1 venue.
While I would be interested in seeing X play some of the great teams in PA, I'm not keen to see X add lots more 5+ hour road trips; I recall X playing Pittsburgh Penn Hills once or twice a couple decades ago-- not sure if X has played any other Pittsburgh area schools (I think one of the Catholic schools there-- or might have been in Erie)... but due to the OHSAA's limits on the distance of road games outside the state, it would seem like only schools in the Western half of PA would be feasible.

While I would be interested in seeing X play some of the great teams in PA, I'm not keen to see X add lots more 5+ hour road trips; I recall X playing Pittsburgh Penn Hills once or twice a couple decades ago-- not sure if X has played any other Pittsburgh area schools (I think one of the Catholic schools there-- or might have been in Erie)... but due to the OHSAA's limits on the distance of road games outside the state, it would seem like only schools in the Western half of PA would be feasible.
And that definitely makes sense. I know that It's highly doubtful to pull off, but for fun, it's nice to imagine that it could happen.

Go read one of the multitude of "Massillon pining for attention, acceptance, and acknowledgement" threads available here-- no one held a gun to your head to read this thread. Clearly, the irony (and idiocy) of someone who hasn't got enough sense to just change the channel when you don't like what's on the TV, complaining about (what you think is) moronic behavior it totally lost on you. Since you don't have anything useful to contribute to the original topic of the thread, you could always take your whining and complaining to a Massillon thread-- where it will be right at home. There are others here who DO wish to discuss more interesting matchups than the total mismatch that was the last game between Hoban and Massillon.

Nah-we'd rather just keep calling you an idiot.

Hey Einstein. You have more posts on this thread than anyone and guess what? YOU HAVEN'T EFFING CONTRIBUTED ANYTHING EITHER. Moron.

Hey Einstein. You have more posts on this thread than anyone and guess what? YOU HAVEN'T EFFING CONTRIBUTED ANYTHING EITHER. Moron.
There's plenty of discussion material here, for those interested in the topic; those that aren't--the more intellectually limited ones, that are only capable of name-calling-- can go elsewhere. I'm not surprised that you're a member of that latter group-- as the poor academic qualities of your apparent alma mater are well known-- so you would appear to be an apt representative of your "school".

Unfortunately, my alma mater, though it produces a great number of outstanding students, still has a "bottom of the barrel" too-- and LHand is determined to make sure that everyone knows he represents that sorry slice, on these forums.

There's plenty of discussion material here, for those interested in the topic; those that aren't--the more intellectually limited ones, that are only capable of name-calling-- can go elsewhere. I'm not surprised that you're a member of that latter group-- as the poor academic qualities of your apparent alma mater are well known-- so you would appear to be an apt representative of your "school".

Unfortunately, my alma mater, though it produces a great number of outstanding students, still has a "bottom of the barrel" too-- and LHand is determined to make sure that everyone knows he represents that sorry slice, on these forums.

Yeah, you've really proven yourself to be the bigger man by trashing the MAC and schools like Hoban in other threads and then starting a thread like this because you got butthurt that some of the Hoban fans had the AUDACITY to think that their team could have beaten anyone in the state (which was true). Funny little dream world you live in...

Yeah, you've really proven yourself to be the bigger man by trashing the MAC and schools like Hoban in other threads and then starting a thread like this because you got butthurt that some of the Hoban fans had the AUDACITY to think that their team could have beaten anyone in the state (which was true). Funny little dream world you live in...
No hurt here--just like to see good games between good teams-- which was the original point of the thread: there's probably dozens of Yappi posters-- and tens of thousands of Ohio HS football fans-- that would (STILL) have wanted to see a Hoban/X game, regardless of how feasible it is now...

Never trashed Hoban or the MAC, either-- show me where I said a negative thing-- no problem with either of them. You seem to have more problems with Yappi posts than I do-- seeing as you regularly think it's within your purview to tell people to stop posting on this site-- juvenile behavior which I don't have the time or inclination to pursue.

No hurt here--just like to see good games between good teams-- which was the original point of the thread: there's probably dozens of Yappi posters-- and tens of thousands of Ohio HS football fans-- that would (STILL) have wanted to see a Hoban/X game, regardless of how feasible it is now...

Never trashed Hoban or the MAC, either-- show me where I said a negative thing-- no problem with either of them. You seem to have more problems with Yappi posts than I do-- seeing as you regularly think it's within your purview to tell people to stop posting on this site-- juvenile behavior which I don't have the time or inclination to pursue.

Don’t have any problem with anybody on Yappi but you.
Don’t know of anyone who has any issues with me but you. Too bad you can’t say the same.

I don't know any of the players here, thought it an interesting topic. But pretty much the opposite of what you wrote. One person, brings up an interesting hypothetical, a game any fan would like to see, and what appears to be a tightly front to back circle of others start attacking? ? He's responded to each reasonably, with facts as well as reasoned opinion and generally kept his cool.

As for the length, since he's the only one discussing his side of things, if you add up the words of everyone opposed it would be reasonably equal. If you add up only the words of substance as opposed to personal attacks, well yes, he's dominating the conversation.

Outside perspectives.

• Love
Don’t have any problem with anybody on Yappi but you.
Don’t know of anyone who has any issues with me but you. Too bad you can’t say the same.
I don't have a problem with anybody on Yappi (I've never reported ANYONE or any post to the moderators) either--even you, if you'd stop engaging in juvenile personal attacks. Meanwhile, I can cite some other Yappi posters that you've regularly attacked over the years (your most frequent target being BlueBomber94-- Jack Emmett's son) who probably have no love for you-- but they've chosen not to engage in juvenile name-calling contests with you--something I, too, tried to avoid for the longest time-- but the frequency and vitriol of your personal attacks made that a hard rule to follow.

As I've stated multiple times, if you don't like something (or somebody), then just don't read it-- you don't need to go around hurling first-grade level insults at the poster. You're NOT some kind of self-appointed defender of the faith, when it comes to St. X HS. Just ignore what you don't like; if you don't like my posts, put me on ignore-- that's NOT a real difficult thing to do--it's one click. Otherwise, this is a sports talk-- and DEBATE-- forum; it's meant to be a place for the airing of different ideas and opinions-- if that's not what you're coming here for, you're in the WRONG place (but you don't see me telling you to leave the site).

I don't have a problem with anybody on Yappi (I've never reported ANYONE or any post to the moderators) either--even you, if you'd stop engaging in juvenile personal attacks. Meanwhile, I can cite some other Yappi posters that you've regularly attacked over the years (your most frequent target being BlueBomber94-- Jack Emmett's son) who probably have no love for you-- but they've chosen not to engage in juvenile name-calling contests with you--something I, too, tried to avoid for the longest time-- but the frequency and vitriol of your personal attacks made that a hard rule to follow.

As I've stated multiple times, if you don't like something (or somebody), then just don't read it-- you don't need to go around hurling first-grade level insults at the poster. You're NOT some kind of self-appointed defender of the faith, when it comes to St. X HS. Just ignore what you don't like; if you don't like my posts, put me on ignore-- that's NOT a real difficult thing to do--it's one click. Otherwise, this is a sports talk-- and DEBATE-- forum; it's meant to be a place for the airing of different ideas and opinions-- if that's not what you're coming here for, you're in the WRONG place (but you don't see me telling you to leave the site).

Dude - just shut up - seriously. You engage in as many personal attacks as anyone (read this frickin' thread for gosh sake). Nobody is falling for your babe in the woods act. Here's the deal, stop posting stupid s-hit, and people will stop telling you you are an idiot. Keep posting stupid s-hit, and people, including me, will keep calling out your stupid s-hit and will continue calling you an idiot. Regardless, don't tell me what I can and can't read and how I should or shouldn't react.

Dude - just shut up - seriously. You engage in as many personal attacks as anyone (read this frickin' thread for gosh sake). Nobody is falling for your babe in the woods act. Here's the deal, stop posting stupid s-hit, and people will stop telling you you are an idiot. Keep posting stupid s-hit, and people, including me, will keep calling out your stupid s-hit and will continue calling you an idiot. Regardless, don't tell me what I can and can't read and how I should or shouldn't react.
True to form, you resort to your usual: telling people to shut up, telling people to stop posting; calling people names; resorting to profanity-- all your usual first-grade tactics. But, clearly, you live in a fantasy world (that works according to whatever you demand); you have the right to read whatever you want-- but you don't have the right to be abusive to other posters because you don't like what you read. If I were that type, I'd have reported your bull to the moderators years ago-- but I don't try to get people banned. I try to reason with children and convince them that behaving in a less abrasive fashion is a more acceptable way to inhabit public debate forums.

As to personal attacks, you'll not find a single instance on this thread (or elsewhere) where I personally attacked someone or insulted them, without them having resorted to such tactics in the first place-- and I try to avoid name-calling and profanity at all costs, even AFTER others (like yourself and Egret) have already gone down that childish path.

You are not the keeper of this site; YOU do NOT get to name the terms of "the deal" as to how people get to post on this site. If I hear from Yappi that my posts are inappropriate, I will amend my behavior-- and even then, your delusional demands will be ignored. You've really embarrassed yourself here-- and maybe you should give that some serious thought, since you are so concerned about how St. X looks on this site. Your constant name-calling, profanity-laden tirades reflect EXTREMELY POORLY on our (unfortunately) shared alma mater-- it's the farthest thing from the school's mantra of "Men for Others" that one can imagine; it's obvious that you didn't learn much about acceptable social behavior, during your time at 600 North Bend Road.