Lima Perry or Ada ?

It looks like Lima land has two D7 coaching jobs open.
which program would be the better one to take over?
I think they both have their good and bad.

ADA:
Pro:
Plays better teams
Has more playoff history

Con:
Will have to rebuild from the ground up and will have to get the #'s back up.
Will have to contend with soccer in a D7 school which will limit the talent pool.

PERRY:
Pro:
Close proximity to the City of Lima. If they can recruit Lima, their program could skyrocket.
Winning already established
No Soccer to contend with.

Con:
Abysmal schedule won't prepare them for the playoffs
Basketball school.
Numbers usually in the low to mid 20's

So my answer is that it depends what you're after as a potential coach. If you want to rebuild a program from the ground up, I'd say Ada. If you wanted a job where the kids know what winning is like and wanted to try to take them to the next level, Perry would be the better choice.

Perry for sure right now but this is a VERY BIG hire for them. A bad choice will send them back to mediocrity in short order and alot of open enrolled kids possibly back to their original schools

Lot's of good coaches around the Lima immediate area. Interested to hear who the candidates are.

s

ADA:
Pro:
Plays better teams
Has more playoff history

Con:
Will have to contend with soccer in a D7 school which will limit the talent pool.

PERRY:
Pro:
Close proximity to the City of Lima. If they can recruit Lima, their program could skyrocket.

Con:
Basketball school.

So my answer is that it depends what you're after as a potential coach. If you want to rebuild a program from the ground up, I'd say Ada. If you wanted a job where the kids know what winning is like and wanted to try to take them to the next level, Perry would be the better choice.
soccer at a Div 7 school.... is tough

I would say Ada. Too much competition for athletes in Lima.

How about that former Bellefontaine coach who got the Senior job only to not get the job because....well...and he caught on as a asst instead?

No offense to either of these programs but I think Toby Smith can find better jobs but I've been wrong plenty of times before.
I recommended Indian Lake locally and wow were the locals were vehemently against it. I was like, who else out there would be more intent on beating Bell than him? Zero likes for my suggestion.

You also have to realize, it is HS football. Very good chance he would want to stay local where he lives.

ADA:
Pro:
Plays better teams
Has more playoff history

Con:

PERRY:
Pro:

Con:
Basketball school.

Lol, recruiting is something I did not consider when thinking of these two schools. I guess the open enrollment around Lima could be a benefit.

ADA:
Pro:
Plays better teams
Has more playoff history

Con:

PERRY:
Pro:

Con:
Basketball school.

I'm a proponent of scheduling to fit your talent but yea when Perry switched to a more appropriate conference for their talents it did mean they could finally win some regular season games but like you said it ain't getting them ready for the post season.

There was a time, grant it I've been gone from the Limaland area for a while now when Lima Perry was LEGIT in baseball. Phil Krouskop was his name I believe and the commodores were not a team to mess with on the ball diamond.

I'm a proponent of scheduling to fit your talent but yea when Perry switched to a more appropriate conference for their talents it did mean they could finally win some regular season games but like you said it ain't getting them ready for the post season.

There was a time, grant it I've been gone from the Limaland area for a while now when Lima Perry was LEGIT in baseball. Phil Krouskop was his name I believe and the commodores were not a team to mess with on the ball diamond.
Oh absolutely Perry is in the right league for them! Didn't mean to sound like they weren't. But yes it's a softer schedule but it would be much easier to build a winner there.

Who knows.. Perry is always going to have small numbers, and as the past 2 years have shown, you can go undefeated in the NWCC and still be nowhere near ready for the playoffs. I don't think the recruiting or transfer factor will ever impact Perry in a positive way, hard to believe they benefit from kids transferring into the district rather than moving out to a neighboring district or going to LCC. They've also had more success in the last 3 years than they ever have, so to improve the program at all you're talking about winning non-conference and playoff games on top of winning the league, hard to do for a new coach.

3 years ago, the answer would have easily been Ada. Seemed at the time like there was more talent, proven playoff history, and no neighboring districts that are much bigger for kids to transfer to, but the program has dropped so far in the last 3 years that it is literally now a ground-up build. I definitely think the right coach can do it, but it is likely going to take longer than Ada fans are willing to give.

I doubt that either one of these jobs go to someone who is already a head coach, so both are likely to be first time HC's trying to move their way up. If you take Perry, you're more likely to be successful, but would need to somehow show that they got better under your tenure. If you take Ada, it's a much harder task, but taking what Ada is now and having any type of success would be a heck of a resume builder for anyone trying to move up in the ranks.

I recommended Indian Lake locally and wow were the locals were vehemently against it. I was like, who else out there would be more intent on beating Bell than him? Zero likes for my suggestion.

You also have to realize, it is HS football. Very good chance he would want to stay local where he lives.
Speaking of the Lakers, where are they at in their coaching search?

Speaking of the Lakers, where are they at in their coaching search?
Most expect it to be the long time offensive asst. I forget his name. Not much in the pipeline there so whomever gets the gig has a long road to hoe.

I feel that Ada will hire someone very soon.

Most expect it to be the long time offensive asst. I forget his name. Not much in the pipeline there so whomever gets the gig has a long road to hoe.

I feel that Ada will hire someone very soon.
I saw the job opening on the OSHAA website. If it was going to be someone in the building they wouldn’t have had to post it online.

I saw the job opening on the OSHAA website. If it was going to be someone in the building they wouldn’t have had to post it online.
Just going what the scuttlebutt has been from the day it was announced (by his wife on Facebook before their last game) , but I wholeheartedly believe they should open up the search.

from my understanding, schools like to see what outside interest there is but usually they will go with the in-house candidate, if it's a solid choice.

I would say Ada. Too much competition for athletes in Lima.

How about that former Bellefontaine coach who got the Senior job only to not get the job because....well...and he caught on as a asst instead?
Huh.
Nice speculation on my part. I had a feelong he would jump ship after Senior put the screws to him last year.

You were spot on lol!
AS always.....

Common sense really. Guy is a head coach, and has HC aspirations. He thought he had the Lima Senior job last year, only to not get it, and too late in the game to find another when the carpet was pulled out from under him.

I predicted when this happened last year that he would probably hop on the next HC opening in the area that came open.

I feel that Ada doesn't have the talent from their playoff runs anymore. I watched them play this year and they looked like a below-average JV team. They're running into the same issues as Bluffton and Cory-Rawson, who both have boys soccer.

Oh absolutely Perry is in the right league for them! Didn't mean to sound like they weren't. But yes it's a softer schedule but it would be much easier to build a winner there.

For the sake of football Perry needed out of the Northwest Conference asap. They found a league more suitable for them football wise. Basketball and the other sports have not seem to have taken hit as a result of the move. So for Perry making that move was a win-win for sure.

Perry is probably the more desirable position when compared to Ada. Never thought I'd say that haha. I wonder which one pays more?