Has Anyone Tried to Buy Ammo Lately?

Weird question to focus on. I have talked about going to the range to shoot. You do understand that a round is a one time use item. So, obviously, if I go to the range to shoot, I use up ammo. I also was away this weekend camping and trap shooting. Again, using up ammo. I hope you understand now. Round goes in the chamber. Gun goes BOOM. Bullitt goes down range. Casing ejects. Round is used up. Does that help?

eastisbest: "what happened to the ammo?"

Purplemojo: "used it all up at the range."

smh

still got scars on my hand from when I learned that as a kid. Someone leaves a nescafe jar full of it where a kid can find it and kid hits it with a hammer enough times.... Not MY fault I had no positive influences at home (every second of the day.) :D

Will be popping of a few hundred rounds of 5.62 and 9M, maybe some 7.62 in a couple of weeks. Cant wait.

Will be popping of a few hundred rounds of 5.62 and 9M, maybe some 7.62 in a couple of weeks. Cant wait.
hunting?

I think sometimes, it would be a fun pass time. Target shooting, not hunting. Too much sitting around for that to be of interest. But then I think., about $1 to pull a trigger and it just loses its appeal. Maybe super soakers is more my speed.

hunting?

I think sometimes, it would be a fun pass time. Target shooting, not hunting. Too much sitting around for that to be of interest. But then I think., about $1 to pull a trigger and it just loses its appeal. Maybe super soakers is more my speed.
Um. Not quite hunting. I guess ya could say it is practicing to go 'hunting' at some point.
Don't think ill be squeezing off any .50 cal that week, maybe in the spring. Now THAT is a blast!

Another dynamic is law enforcement hoarding rounds. My cop buddy calls down to the local RK weekly. When a shipment comes in, the employees grab theirs, then the local cops swoop in. By that time, it's gone.

You didn't read the part of the thread where I said I don't know much about guns, only showing interest. FMJ? JHP? Are they governors?
My bad. I try to not be a gun snob. Thanks to Purplemojo.
The cops use the range-grade ammo for practice and qualification. Hollow point for service. Hollow points are much more expensive. Now they are reality easy to find because everyone seems to be hoarding full metal jacket. (Kubrick would be proud.)

Ok, I'm following. Cops need the FMJ for target practice so they can shoot the guns out of the hands of bad guys. I read they can do that.
{clarifying for autistic, that was a joke}

Kind of surprised stores let their employees do that. I can see allowing them to buy some but you don't want to lose customers.

I am picking up some 9mm at AimSurplus I ordered on New Year's Eve today and just ordered some makarov that I finally found at a place called Ammo Shop On Line. I have never used them before. I hope it works out. I was told by the guy at Aim that makarov could not be gotten because all of the manufacturers had changed their machining over to 9mm to meet demand.

What does the new administration bode for gun ownership and ammo? ........Yeah, that is why I have been trying to buy more.

I went to Aim Surplus today to pick up my order. It was swamped by people waiting for their new firearms. Then I came home to see what was going on in DC. That and Kamala's threats against our 2nd Amendment rights make it easy to understand why.

I went to Aim Surplus today to pick up my order. It was swamped by people waiting for their new firearms. Then I came home to see what was going on in DC. That and Kamala's threats against our 2nd Amendment rights make it easy to understand why.
Talked with a guy at Fin, Feather and Fur.

Manufacturers cannot keep up with the demand.

My long search for makarov is finally over. I just received 150 rounds from Ammo Shop On-line. The first time I used them. Not the best communication but otherwise a smooth transaction and fairly quick shipping.

Used to never be able to find .17 mach 2 ammo..now ya go to a store and that's the only thing on the shelves:)

I am picking up some 9mm at AimSurplus I ordered on New Year's Eve today and just ordered some makarov that I finally found at a place called Ammo Shop On Line. I have never used them before. I hope it works out. I was told by the guy at Aim that makarov could not be gotten because all of the manufacturers had changed their machining over to 9mm to meet demand.

What does the new administration bode for gun ownership and ammo? ........Yeah, that is why I have been trying to buy more.
Probably another assault weapons ban, no online parts sales, and ammo will be a background check. I don't think Biden will be able to pass his $200 gun tax on all semi auto guns u own

My long search for makarov is finally over. I just received 150 rounds from Ammo Shop On-line. The first time I used them. Not the best communication but otherwise a smooth transaction and fairly quick shipping.
my google says that's about 20 seconds worth of ammo. How much?

Bought my first gun ever at the Sharonville Gun Show this month. I should have bought more ammo there because it was readily available but a bit pricey for some. I went around this past Saturday and found some ammo at a couple different ranges. They are putting a limit on how much you can buy.

9mm at one range was $37/box of 50 and only one box per purchase. The second range I stopped in had them for $32 with 2 box limit. I bought some 223s for a buddy of mine and that was reversed. At the first range I could buy two boxes of 20 each for $21.50 and at the second range a box of 20 was only $12.99 but I could only buy one box there.

you first gun ever or your first gun ever at that gun show? Much difference in the process? Not just the buying, but the shopping, comparing, deciding?

Bought my first gun ever at the Sharonville Gun Show this month. I should have bought more ammo there because it was readily available but a bit pricey for some. I went around this past Saturday and found some ammo at a couple different ranges. They are putting a limit on how much you can buy.
What did you end up buying? My wife just inherited her father's service weapon, a very nice Colt 357 Magnum. I found some ammo for it at Ammo Shop Online and only bought one box. I told her that I don't think she is going to shoot the wristbreaker very much and she agreed so 50 rounds was plenty. Her CCW weapon is a nice little Bursa CC 380 and she has plenty of those rounds.

What did you end up buying? My wife just inherited her father's service weapon, a very nice Colt 357 Magnum. I found some ammo for it at Ammo Shop Online and only bought one box. I told her that I don't think she is going to shoot the wristbreaker very much and she agreed so 50 rounds was plenty. Her CCW weapon is a nice little Bursa CC 380 and she has plenty of those rounds.
Ruger P89

you first gun ever or your first gun ever at that gun show? Much difference in the process? Not just the buying, but the shopping, comparing, deciding?
I am all for gun rights but never felt a need to have one before. I've been to a few ranges and gun stores recently shopping, and as soon as I saw this one I wanted it :)

Friend of mine inherited an AR15 last year and we shot that a few weeks ago. I was very suprised at the lack of kick that gun had. Once I figured out how to use the site I hit the target in the vicinity of the heart with every shot. Laid out that frigging target intruder.

My buddy has a 1928 Colt 22 Police Revolver that was fun to shoot. He's been a around guns his whole life and was surprised at how well I shot the Colt.

Last time I ever shot a gun was with my older brother when he used to go down to the little miami river and shoot his shotgun. I was a teenager at the time.

The gun show was the weekend before innauguration. The line to get in was an hour long wait. The regulars there said there has never been a wait to get into that gun show.

Recently was talking to some guys at a local brewery i go to and we started talking about guns. They were telling me about these machine gun shoots down around Louisville. They might have a car sitting at the end of the range and you pay a couple hundred bucks to shoot for 5 minutes with these big machine guns. By the end of the shooting they said there's nothing left of the car but a heap of scrap. ?

Ruger P89
Well, it looks like you bought a real workhorse. I like all metal guns myself and prefer the traditional military style. You got all of that in your new purchase. It is a bit big and heavy for concealed carry but great for shooting at the range and home protection. If you are going to use it for home defense, I would recommend that you get some Hornady Critical Defense rounds, when they become available again. The expansion of these rounds makes the 9mm much more effective. I have some that I keep in a magazine at home, but use full metal jacketed rounds at the range.

Good luck with your new firearm.

PS: What microbrew is it that you go to with your friends? I have been meaning to go to Weidemann Brewery in St. Bernard some time soon. I have had the beer and like it and I have heard the food is good too.

I am all for gun rights but never felt a need to have one before. I've been to a few ranges and gun stores recently shopping, and as soon as I saw this one I wanted it :)

Friend of mine inherited an AR15 last year and we shot that a few weeks ago. I was very suprised at the lack of kick that gun had. Once I figured out how to use the site I hit the target in the vicinity of the heart with every shot. Laid out that frigging target intruder.

My buddy has a 1928 Colt 22 Police Revolver that was fun to shoot. He's been a around guns his whole life and was surprised at how well I shot the Colt.

Last time I ever shot a gun was with my older brother when he used to go down to the little miami river and shoot his shotgun. I was a teenager at the time.

The gun show was the weekend before innauguration. The line to get in was an hour long wait. The regulars there said there has never been a wait to get into that gun show.

Recently was talking to some guys at a local brewery i go to and we started talking about guns. They were telling me about these machine gun shoots down around Louisville. They might have a car sitting at the end of the range and you pay a couple hundred bucks to shoot for 5 minutes with these big machine guns. By the end of the shooting they said there's nothing left of the car but a heap of scrap. ?

Nice machining is a weakness. I'm afraid to get anywhere near one of those shows and you just can't find a good cap gun at Toy's R US anymore. They have those shoots around here too but they're more on the near south side and not always at cars. Hope you enjoy the new toy. Don't shoot your eye out.

Friend of mine inherited an AR15 last year and we shot that a few weeks ago. I was very surprised at the lack of kick that gun had. Once I figured out how to use the site I hit the target in the vicinity of the heart with every shot. Laid out that frigging target intruder.
There is a reason the AR15 is the most popular firearm in the US. People freak out because it looks so "scary". Military weapon? No more than any squirrel gun. They are all semi-automatic (not "automatic" as the press would have you believe). They are just great functioning semi-auto rifles.