Has Anyone Tried to Buy Ammo Lately?

eastisbest

Weird question to focus on. I have talked about going to the range to shoot. You do understand that a round is a one time use item. So, obviously, if I go to the range to shoot, I use up ammo. I also was away this weekend camping and trap shooting. Again, using up ammo. I hope you understand now. Round goes in the chamber. Gun goes BOOM. Bullitt goes down range. Casing ejects. Round is used up. Does that help?
eastisbest: "what happened to the ammo?"

Purplemojo: "used it all up at the range."

smh

eastisbest

still got scars on my hand from when I learned that as a kid. Someone leaves a nescafe jar full of it where a kid can find it and kid hits it with a hammer enough times.... Not MY fault I had no positive influences at home (every second of the day.) :D

thavoice

Will be popping of a few hundred rounds of 5.62 and 9M, maybe some 7.62 in a couple of weeks. Cant wait.

eastisbest

Will be popping of a few hundred rounds of 5.62 and 9M, maybe some 7.62 in a couple of weeks. Cant wait.
hunting?

I think sometimes, it would be a fun pass time. Target shooting, not hunting. Too much sitting around for that to be of interest. But then I think., about $1 to pull a trigger and it just loses its appeal. Maybe super soakers is more my speed.

thavoice

hunting?

I think sometimes, it would be a fun pass time. Target shooting, not hunting. Too much sitting around for that to be of interest. But then I think., about $1 to pull a trigger and it just loses its appeal. Maybe super soakers is more my speed.
Um. Not quite hunting. I guess ya could say it is practicing to go 'hunting' at some point.
Don't think ill be squeezing off any .50 cal that week, maybe in the spring. Now THAT is a blast!

MontetheCarlo

Another dynamic is law enforcement hoarding rounds. My cop buddy calls down to the local RK weekly. When a shipment comes in, the employees grab theirs, then the local cops swoop in. By that time, it's gone.

MontetheCarlo

You didn't read the part of the thread where I said I don't know much about guns, only showing interest. FMJ? JHP? Are they governors?
My bad. I try to not be a gun snob. Thanks to Purplemojo.
The cops use the range-grade ammo for practice and qualification. Hollow point for service. Hollow points are much more expensive. Now they are reality easy to find because everyone seems to be hoarding full metal jacket. (Kubrick would be proud.)

eastisbest

Ok, I'm following. Cops need the FMJ for target practice so they can shoot the guns out of the hands of bad guys. I read they can do that.
{clarifying for autistic, that was a joke}

Kind of surprised stores let their employees do that. I can see allowing them to buy some but you don't want to lose customers.

Purplemojo

I am picking up some 9mm at AimSurplus I ordered on New Year's Eve today and just ordered some makarov that I finally found at a place called Ammo Shop On Line. I have never used them before. I hope it works out. I was told by the guy at Aim that makarov could not be gotten because all of the manufacturers had changed their machining over to 9mm to meet demand.

What does the new administration bode for gun ownership and ammo? ........Yeah, that is why I have been trying to buy more.

Purplemojo

I went to Aim Surplus today to pick up my order. It was swamped by people waiting for their new firearms. Then I came home to see what was going on in DC. That and Kamala's threats against our 2nd Amendment rights make it easy to understand why.

chs1971

I went to Aim Surplus today to pick up my order. It was swamped by people waiting for their new firearms. Then I came home to see what was going on in DC. That and Kamala's threats against our 2nd Amendment rights make it easy to understand why.
Talked with a guy at Fin, Feather and Fur.

Manufacturers cannot keep up with the demand.

Purplemojo

My long search for makarov is finally over. I just received 150 rounds from Ammo Shop On-line. The first time I used them. Not the best communication but otherwise a smooth transaction and fairly quick shipping.

Raider6309

I am picking up some 9mm at AimSurplus I ordered on New Year's Eve today and just ordered some makarov that I finally found at a place called Ammo Shop On Line. I have never used them before. I hope it works out. I was told by the guy at Aim that makarov could not be gotten because all of the manufacturers had changed their machining over to 9mm to meet demand.

What does the new administration bode for gun ownership and ammo? ........Yeah, that is why I have been trying to buy more.
Probably another assault weapons ban, no online parts sales, and ammo will be a background check. I don't think Biden will be able to pass his $200 gun tax on all semi auto guns u own

eastisbest

My long search for makarov is finally over. I just received 150 rounds from Ammo Shop On-line. The first time I used them. Not the best communication but otherwise a smooth transaction and fairly quick shipping.
my google says that's about 20 seconds worth of ammo. How much?