Governor DeWine Threatens To End D VII State Football Championship Game

If he stops the games the fans can only blame themselves.
Agree with the rules or not they are there, so follow them or pay the price.
We've had shutdowns take place to "Flatten the curve" and what happens every time they are laxed? That's right the numbers go up again. This isn't preventing anything and if you think otherwise you need only look at the numbers.

Bullshart.

Personal choices.

WE have been dealing with this for 9 months and everyone knows the 'dangers'. If they want to sit close to their friends, neighbors, relatives and people around town then so be it.

My Gawd, the Governor has gone mad.

You’d think after 9 months people would understand the point, but this post clearly shows the ignorance and lack of education in this country.

As usual, there's more to the story than we know. It didn't go down the way people think.

A social media post said Gov. Mike DeWine had ordered the social distancing at the games, or they would be canceled.

But DeWine spokeswoman Lisa Peterson said that wasn't true. "He has made no such call or statement," she said.

???

Interestingly during the game, I wondered why they didn't let more people into the game because there were alot of open sections with plenty of room to social distance. Now it makes more sense since those people were supposed to be spread out more.

Somebody can probably go ahead and close this thread since it's false.
Its not false at all. Our "crowd watcher" was told to make sure that our fans were social distancing because the governor was watching and wasn't happy with what he saw on the home side. This was late in the 2nd quarter, on our sidelines. I heard him myself. He was from the govenors office, not the OHSAA. Right at halftime, someone made an announcement to the home side, I thought it was NBs AD or something, imploring them to separate or the game would be stopped.

Its not false at all. Our "crowd watcher" was told to make sure that our fans were social distancing because the governor was watching and wasn't happy with what he saw on the home side. This was late in the 2nd quarter, on our sidelines. I heard him myself. He was from the govenors office, not the OHSAA. Right at halftime, someone made an announcement to the home side, I thought it was NBs AD or something, imploring them to separate or the game would be stopped.

The rumor circulating in the stadium doesn't appear to be true. I'm sure PA announcements were made to encourage social distancing (as they've been doing literally all year), but the part about the governor watching and threatening to cancel the game appears to be false.

The rumor circulating in the stadium doesn't appear to be true. I'm sure PA announcements were made to encourage social distancing (as they've been doing literally all year), but the part about the governor watching and threatening to cancel the game appears to be false.
Im telling you its not. He may be backtracking now because he looks like an but he had people threatening to shut the game down. Thise words came directly from a man's mouth on our sideline who had some sort of authority. I heard them with my own ears.

Im telling you its not. He may be backtracking now because he looks like an but he had people threatening to shut the game down. Thise words came directly from a man's mouth on our sideline who had some sort of authority. I heard them with my own ears.
If I was an administrator and wanted people to more quickly respond, I would have used the threat of the governor shutting down the game as a means to do so.

So this statement is false...

But DeWine spokeswoman Lisa Peterson said that wasn't true. "He has made no such call or statement," she said.

Compare the fans in the picture in the first post vs. Massillon hosting McKinley.

EjbDn7XXsAEk9qf

Below is the OHSAA press release in August pertaining to State of Ohio paid Covid Inspectors....... Note that it includes enacting penalties.

INSPECTORS TO ATTEND GAMES
Governor DeWine has asked the OHSAA to assemble a large team of inspectors who will attend games to ensure that all safety protocols are being followed. The inspectors, which will be paid by the Governor’s Office, will work with the host site’s compliance officer and/or Athletic Director and utilize a checklist of items. The intent of the inspector program is to educate those at the game regarding proper safety protocols, but the OHSAA may enact penalties through Bylaw 11 if necessary.

These people are paid by the "governor's office", hence they are following governor's orders.

Remember, the buck stops with DeWine. He said it, not me.

So did he or did he not threaten to cancel?

But DeWine spokeswoman Lisa Peterson said that wasn't true. "He has made no such call or statement."