Week 11: Mechanicsburg (9-0) vs Coldwater (9-0)

Sometimes it's also over zealous JH coaches thinking it's all about the win instead of preparing for HS....and not just football ?
i know for years Minster won a bunch of junior high games.... you would have 30 kids out in 8th grade and about 12-15 would play, When Moore came and then Stokes the mindset changed with playing kids......I know the Flyers play LOTS of kids in JH.... it's just common sense....... nobody remembers your JH, Freshman or JV records...

i know for years Minster won a bunch of junior high games.... you would have 30 kids out in 8th grade and about 12-15 would play, When Moore came and then Stokes the mindset changed with playing kids......I know the Flyers play LOTS of kids in JH.... it's just common sense....... nobody remembers your JH, Freshman or JV records...
Balderdash.
Junior high shutouts matter.

@IndianaBanana can you go find that Dave article please for @StateChampion2012? Appreciated.
On it boss.
a3e63648c2db760af344e99aaa813154.gif

There is no reason why a town should NOT have youth soccer. It's cheap, easy and kids get an abundance of exercise. Even the least athletic kids have a blast if they even get a couple kicks durinf the game.

Then when they get to JH they can put the agility to good use.
Amen.

Well said. JH is for building fundamentals and desire. Yes, Marion does play a good portion. Don't break their spirit early...they might grow into a solid young man. Volleyball is horrible. Basically it's "pay to.play". If you aren't in club, coaches won't spend the time on you.

Hmmm..... If memory serves me correctly. I believe that Hall has coached the “All-Star classes” since the third grade. If that guy was so mean how did those classes stay so big? How did those classes make it through all of that you speak of???

What is it with you and the word "Slobberknockers" you say it on every thread lol
thats the boys up front...... wishbone offense , you got to have slobber knockers!!! Coach Ken Newland of Minster back in the late 80's used that word with affection for the guys up front.... and he ran a dang good wishbone offense

Glad you could make another profile to continue slobbering on Travis Hall. I’d love to see what awards ceremony you’re talking about because I’ve been to both the fall and winter sports banquets for Mechanicsburg sports for junior high and high school for the last 7 years. Maybe I was in the bathroom for that tearjerker ?.

You can talk all you want about parenting and entitlement, but numbers don’t lie. In the past 3 years, the junior high has had 14 players or less between two grades. Travis Hall does great when he can ride great talent-Propst, Bebout, Hurst, Conley. Take that away and he’s hateful. Probably by next year there will not be enough players at the junior high level to compete. Between the freshmen and sophomore classes there were 11 boys who came out. They followed the all star classes and got abused mentally and physically by Travis Hall. You can pat him all you want but Mechanicsburg football will be hard pressed to recover
a JH coach has so much say..... in how many kids go out for HS sports these days.... I've seen it in JH football and I have seen it it in JH Basketball... it's up to the Head coach of the program to straighten crap out.... or he won't be the HC very long

Man this thread has taken a wild turn. BUT I agree this is total BS. My son went through the JH program a few years back and I have nothing but respect for the coaches. They are tough on the kids but I never once thought a line was crossed. JH is all about preparing the kids for friday nights. It’s not pee wee anymore. Little Johnny doesn’t get to be QB because daddy thinks he should. Some kids and parents need a reality check.

I've done my best to stay out of all this JH talk because negativity on places like yappi, facebook, ect..... this doesn't help build a positive vibe over a town or a very successful program in that town,. That said I would've been happy for my kids to have had the chance to play for Coach Hall. I have seen his emotion and seen it be very positive and sincerely caring and also rip an a** , all ranges of emotion at appropriate times IMO. What I have seen he gets a lot out of kids and they are prepared to be part of the varsity program when they get there, this is from out in the bleachers view. We all view the world through our own little keyhole our perspective is our own. I can't speak for all experiences and I won't tell someone how they should feel about their own expectations of that experience. And classes differ not just on talent level but of belief or expectations of the parents too, nothing in life is a one size fits all. In closing Coach Hall has given a lot to Burg football.

I've done my best to stay out of all this JH talk because negativity on places like yappi, facebook, ect..... this doesn't help build a positive vibe over a town or a very successful program in that town,. That said I would've been happy for my kids to have had the chance to play for Coach Hall. I have seen his emotion and seen it be very positive and sincerely caring and also rip an a** , all ranges of emotion at appropriate times IMO. What I have seen he gets a lot out of kids and they are prepared to be part of the varsity program when they get there, this is from out in the bleachers view. We all view the world through our own little keyhole our perspective is our own. I can't speak for all experiences and I won't tell someone how they should feel about their own expectations of that experience. And classes differ not just on talent level but of belief or expectations of the parents too, nothing in life is a one size fits all. In closing Coach Hall has given a lot to Burg football.
just what every twelve or thirteen year old needs, to have his ripped in front of his family and a couple hundred other people for dropping a pass or missing a blocking assignment.

a JH coach has so much say..... in how many kids go out for HS sports these days.... I've seen it in JH football and I have seen it it in JH Basketball... it's up to the Head coach of the program to straighten crap out.... or he won't be the HC very long
Bingo.
At a welcome home a few years ago, Coach Otten thanked the JH coaches of course, and the reason why surprised me. I thought he would say because of the fundamentals and teaching the game of football to those kids but it wasnt.

He thanked the JH coaches for keeping it fun, interesting and playing the full roster as much as possible so kids keep going out. He said their biggest asset was giving him a full allotment of kids when they get to HS so he can build and mold the team.

Here is the thing with football that is so different than any other sport. Depth. A kid may only get to be a spot player, on special teams, to give someone else a break, as a Jr and/or senior, and keeping some starters fresh and giving great looks as scout team in practice.
That may be what pushes the team over the edge from good to great.

There are enough positions on the field that a JH kid, no matter his talent, should be able to get ample playing time. Who knows, he may never be a star but by the time he is a JR/SR he can be more than adequate to help the team.

I think pee wee football runs kids out of many programs before they even get a chance. I have a nephew who was a peanut at those pee wee ages and woulda gotten smashed so he didnt play. When JH rolls around those kids feel as if they are way too far behind and dont go out even if they hit the growth spot. Now he is in HS and I have no doubt he could be a very good asset on both sides of the ball on the football team but instead is in a diff sport.....all because in pee wee he was so small it would not have been a benefit for him to play and he likely woulda hated it.

but i digress...there are plenty of programs who have pee wee footblal and are good, but it is never a prerequisite.