Wrestling on hold?

Jap Whizzer

Ive been told by my AD that Summit County in northeast Ohio is pausing approval of any wrestling plans for this season. Has anyone else heard this or anything similar?

Ive been told by my AD that Summit County in northeast Ohio is pausing approval of any wrestling plans for this season. Has anyone else heard this or anything similar?

Schools in Summit County been told they have to pause wrestling plans this season but not any other activities in the County?

I just got an email that the Lieutenant Governor will be addressing winter sports with school leaders on Monday, so maybe Summit is waiting to hear what he says first before moving forward.

I just got an email that the Lieutenant Governor will be addressing winter sports with school leaders on Monday, so maybe Summit is waiting to hear what he says first before moving forward.

I'm sure Mr. Husted wants to see what what all the winter sports teams have in place as far as protocols for practices and events.

Let's see if my question gets answered!

I emailed asking if there was any data of team to team transmission during interscholastic competition this fall in any sports?

If we cannot attribute 1 infection to competition of thousands and thousands of athletes... then our protocols are working and we should be allowed the opportunity to compete.

I can confirm that the bowlers were told their plans are on hold too. Yet basketball has been practicing and hockey held a scrimmage this weekend...

He STRONGLY advised to have only duals/tri’s.

He also made it clear that if the next 4 weeks continue the trend of the previous 4 weeks there will be action taken - which I assumed to mean schools closed, athletic seasons halted/changed/canceled, etc.

He STRONGLY advised to have only duals/tri’s.

He also made it clear that if the next 4 weeks continue the trend of the previous 4 weeks there will be action taken - which I assumed to mean schools closed, athletic seasons halted/changed/canceled, etc.

That stinks, because cases will rise, just like the Sun is going to rise in the east. It's how nature works. People need to be proactive and protest these idiotic shut downs.

Just a modern example of Canute shouting at the tide.

That stinks, because cases will rise, just like the Sun is going to rise in the east. It's how nature works. People need to be proactive and protest these idiotic shut downs.

Not sure how you want people to push back. Even if individual schools wanted to their legal teams would just laugh.

My question was also, not addressed:

Our wrestling team is divided up into smaller pods with regard to those who are in close contact with other. This is being done for contact tracing purposes. These wrestlers will only drill, live wrestle, and come into close contact with each other for more than 15 minutes, inside of their assigned pods.

Will this be taken into consideration by the health department, should our team report a case?

Let's see if my question gets answered!

I emailed asking if there was any data of team to team transmission during interscholastic competition this fall in any sports?

If we cannot attribute 1 infection to competition of thousands and thousands of athletes... then our protocols are working and we should be allowed the opportunity to compete.

Who/What group did you email? Please let us know if you get any sort of answer.

Not sure how you want people to push back. Even if individual schools wanted to their legal teams would just laugh.

Yeah, I get it. If only we had some place that could teach people facts; facts about science and our representational democracy. If only there was some institution where the broader public could learn how to gather and process factual data, and then learn how to act upon it, and influence our society so we make better choices, and have better outcomes.

But I guess you're right, things just can't be changed.

Who/What group did you email? Please let us know if you get any sort of answer.
I sent it to the athletics@governor email provided.

I was extremely disappointed in the meeting.

I am an extremely busy guy and wasting my time is unacceptable. To basically spend 45 minutes saying make sure your kids wear masks outside of you seeing them over and over and basically we don't know what's going to happen was unacceptable.

I already spend all day telling kids to wear masks...

If we can trace infection events back to parties, weddings, etc. My question should be easily answered.

Further there is data of wrestling happening now that should be used to determine risk of infection.

Reactions: SCC

Canute shouting at the tide. Good one.

I have a good friend(also a big-time wrestling family) with a close contact at the Summit Health department. Back in October, they were not too optimistic about having a regular season. Who knows what decisions will be made.

I sent it to the athletics@governor email provided.

I was extremely disappointed in the meeting.

I am an extremely busy guy and wasting my time is unacceptable. To basically spend 45 minutes saying make sure your kids wear masks outside of you seeing them over and over and basically we don't know what's going to happen was unacceptable.

I already spend all day telling kids to wear masks...

If we can trace infection events back to parties, weddings, etc. My question should be easily answered.

Further there is data of wrestling happening now that should be used to determine risk of infection.

As to be expected. The governor's office is full of incompetence on this topic. It's the same screed over and over with little knowledge of reality.

Reactions: SCC
My school board has already made our 1st month of the season duals only.

We miss out on 1 or 2 tourneys (that may end up cancelled anyway) BUT that just means you load up on duals. ANYTHING to give our kids the opportunity to get to compete.

Dewine : If numbers continue to go up bars, restaurants and fitness centers will close. Will decide in a week. Sounds like another shut down.