Winton Woods v LaSalle

Hang the banners. YMECC champs !!

weak league not ready for lasalle. Better off playing the tougher schedule like the past few years

Congratulations to Lasalle! They went into the kitchen cabinet and took out a can of whoop arse!! Good season Warriors! Regional finals is a solid season! WW with a undefeated freshman team, and one loss 8th grade team, the future is bright! The boys will be in the weight room soon getting ready to play Lasalle and Trotwood the first 2 weeks! Like always:
GO WARRIORS!!

Shout out to Winton Woods. They have a helluva team. This game says more about La Salle than them. Impressive win for the Lancers. Also shoutout to Wingfield for an impressive career. Kids a baller.

I will spare WW fans the re-visit of the week 1 posts and all the ridiculous statements you made.

Stop telling us how good you are after beating tomato cans.

WW had a once-in-a-generation player who was a 1-man team and elevated them to places they wouldn't otherwise go, but he's gone now. WW is not a consistently good program and is poorly coached, as they can't develop what should be a sizeable talent advantage into a well-rounded football team. WW beats teams they should (and they should beat most of the teams on their terrible schedule moving forward), but never beats any teams they shouldn't. That's not a good program. They need a new coach.

The Yappi wiki state championships thread must be broken. I see the D2 2017 state runner-up and 2009 state title for Winton Woods, but I can't find the Olentangy area dominance. Must be a shortcoming of the site.

Congratulations to Lasalle! They went into the kitchen cabinet and took out a can of whoop arse!! Good season Warriors! Regional finals is a solid season! WW with a undefeated freshman team, and one loss 8th grade team, the future is bright! The boys will be in the weight room soon getting ready to play Lasalle and Trotwood the first 2 weeks! Like always:
GO WARRIORS!!
The cupboard isn't bare for sure they have some talented freshman and the returning players will make another run @ it next year. Great season for the Warriors and Coach Parker. I respect what they did for a lot kids who needed this yr to get into college. Hearing some kids who waited it out until they were seniors to see action receive offers to continue playing football was something I witnessed. Parker is STAND UP GUY & what he does for these kids doesn't go unnoticed and his day is coming to hoist that trophy real soon

Man, I wasn’t expecting that at all. That was by far La Salle’s best defensive performance of the season. And Branam just did what he wanted. Great night for the Lancers. Congrats on a great season with a young team, WW!

I will never forget being impressed by Coach Parker's 2017 team that rushed their FG unit onto the field with no timeouts remaining for a game winning kick in the region 8 final. That doesn't happen by accident or talent alone. That is quality coaching coming to fruition by smart player effort and discipline. Very impressive to see that at the high school level. Coach Parker's seat is totally safe.

You guys are correct about Coach Andre Parker. Very good coach and even better person! I wish he could read these post but he stays off yappi.He’s probably somewhere watching tonight’s game film!

Great win for La Salle. To put it black and white we just got our coached and out played by La Salle in all levels you could see the difference in the teams. La Salle QB is really good. This was not a Winton Woods State championship team. I’m glad the warriors got this far and we will be back next year. I wish the best for the Lancers and hope they bring the title back to Cincinnati.

Now my observation from last night we were flat out beat at the point of attack on defense. Man on man hat on hat, Lasalle doubled the inside guys and rotated 2 big guys almost every other play. We wore down, our lack of depth there hurt us. Lasalle coaches also attacked some areas that they seen where we were vulnerable on film. It was really a simple game plan by Lasalle. We got out flanked on a few of those jet sweeps where the defender was sitting right in front of the WRs to block & just couldn't get off the block. That was old school GCL football just run at you until you stop it. It then set up big plays. The big play to #5 on a post or a deep crossed, then this when I realized Lasalle had done their homework they noticed our D.C switch 2 kids in man coverage they ran a play to the short side to the TE who ran a short out with the match-up they wanted, then called timeout after they let the play clock run down. They did put the TE to the wide side of the field and he ran a corner route TD & that was the ball game WW couldn't recover. On offense we just didn't play well up front. I think we should've tried to power away on the goal line when we kicked a fg. But what do you expect some of these kids haven't played in games of this magnitude it was a young bunch that will get better. I would've liked to seen more slants thrown on the backside because the corners were 7-10 yards off easily. There is a difference in being young and being experienced. Our young receivers ran hitch routes and didn't get to sticks on some key third downs. Those are just young mistakes. In ALL Lasalle put on a masterful performance hats off to them.

Was nice reading through all the respectful game conversation the past two weeks. DEFINITELY not looking forward to Yappi next week. :cautious:

Reactions: 4GX
I thought this was already said but I guess not, Payne is out for rest of the season with a stress fracture. Will not be playing the next two weeks if LaSalle advances that far which I think they will!! Washington round two.

Congratulations to LaSalle. I hope you get your opportunity against Hoban.

Warriors great season, even in the CoVid Age, and I could not be happier that we took it to Turpin and Kings. My memory is long.

I am shocked LaSalle won by so much... After giving up over 500 yards to Anderson I was thinking WW could get some offence and pull it out in a close one. 23-20 range....Great season warriors and LaSalle bring home a title.

I am shocked LaSalle won by so much... After giving up over 500 yards to Anderson I was thinking WW could get some offence and pull it out in a close one. 23-20 range....Great season warriors and LaSalle bring home a title.

Also pleasantly surprised on how well they held down Winton Woods. Great year Warriors, see you next year (hopefully my skins can finally crack your defense)

Not surprised Ww only scored 10. Qb draw was really all they had on offense last week. A little surprised by the 35 spot LaSalle put up though. Figured it would be a low scoring one possession game.

We really have to re-evaluate our offensive plan as a program because we are so one dimensional and don’t throw the ball. We won’t win big games if we can’t throw the ball.

Congratulations to LaSalle. I hope you get your opportunity against Hoban.

Warriors great season, even in the CoVid Age, and I could not be happier that we took it to Turpin and Kings. My memory is long.
Kings without Stylski**********************************

We really have to re-evaluate our offensive plan as a program because we are so one dimensional and don’t throw the ball. We won’t win big games if we can’t throw the ball.

it will be done. Relax. Parker breaks the entire program down during the off season. He constantly is looking for ways to improve the program. It was a disappointing end but things will be fine