Waverly (8-0) @ Clinton Massie (8-0)

football87

2 high powered offenses in this one. Does Massie have the DB's to stay with Waverly's passing game?

Cal Preps:
Massie 35
Waverly 34

Can Waverly hold up to the physical play is a huge question. Waverly has a ton of skill but when push comes to shove can they make stops when needed.

Arguably the best team Waverly has fielded in school history. We’ve been playing well all season and we will have to play our best for this game. Thinking it will come down to our defense stopping CM rushing attack

Clinton Massie is only giving Waverly 93 tickets due to the 15% rule. You would think CM would agree to move this game to a larger venue like several other teams have across the state. Two 8-0 teams and kids can't even have both parents come watch the game smh..

I get it is because of Covid but CM should do the right thing. Perhaps they are scared to lose home field advantage? Something they would do and doesn't shock me

Clinton Massie is only giving Waverly 93 tickets due to the 15% rule. You would think CM would agree to move this game to a larger venue like several other teams have across the state. Two 8-0 teams and kids can't even have both parents come watch the game smh..

I get it is because of Covid but CM should do the right thing. Perhaps they are scared to lose home field advantage? Something they would do and doesn't shock me
I'm was surprised how little clinton massies stadium was

If I remember correctly from the last time we played there, they also use one of the 3 bleacher sections on the Away side for additional home fans. Hopefully they are not doing that this year.

You think Massie can get all their fans in? That they don’t want a bigger stadium?
I don’t think Massie is afraid to play at another venue- but why? They earned home field- makes no sense to leave.

Massie earned the number 1 seeding and get to host, Massie players still do not get enough tickets either. Do you really think that Waverly would move this game to a bigger venue, if they were hosting, No they wouldn't. And if Massie were to lose, They would lose and be done.

I’m pretty sure Massie has no say in ticket sales at this point. From what I understand the OHSAA says how many total people can attend the game. Then they give the home and away teams their codes to purchase tickets. I would love for the stadium to be full and many people be able to attend. Unfortunately this is left up to the OHSAA

I think what is really frustrating, along with only getting 90 tickets, is CM told the Waverly live stream and radio crews they didn’t have room for them in the booth to broadcast. Now I understand the live stream, CM will be having a stream and it is free so everyone is able to watch and easily access. No problem there. But no radio?? That’s pretty crazy IMO. People in Waverly can’t pickup CMs radio station, so I guess if you don’t have internet access (which unfortunately isn’t uncommon in many parts of Pike County) you aren’t going to be able to listen to a Regional Semifinal game.

I am a casual Waverly fan, but me thinks their followers would be better served by allowing their coaches and players to focus on game prep rather than creating a distraction over tickets which has nothing to do with the playing of the game.

I am a casual Waverly fan, but me thinks their followers would be better served by allowing their coaches and players to focus on game prep rather than creating a distraction over tickets which has nothing to do with the playing of the game.

I know coach Crabtree and his staff are only focused on the game and are not trying to hear or get into anything but game planning and execution. They are leaving all that extra stuff to the parents/community. I don’t think Crab cares if there is 1 person in the stands or 1000, he knows him and the boy’s have a job to do and they will play wherever they are told. Now I do hate that some stress may be added to the players as far as maybe having to choose which parent can come watch them play, but that’s on the OHSAA for forcing them to be in this position.

It is not Clinton Massie's fault as much as it is Dewine's fault... just would be nice if CM would actually try and move it to a bigger venue. It would benefit them too with the extra fans they could bring.

I know coach Crabtree and his staff are only focused on the game and are not trying to hear or get into anything but game planning and execution. They are leaving all that extra stuff to the parents/community. I don’t think Crab cares if there is 1 person in the stands or 1000, he knows him and the boy’s have a job to do and they will play wherever they are told. Now I do hate that some stress may be added to the players as far as maybe having to choose which parent can come watch them play, but that’s on the OHSAA for forcing them to be in this position.
I agree, I guarantee Crabtree does not want any talk about tickets in the locker room. These players are mature and know what their goal is.

It is not Clinton Massie's fault as much as it is Dewine's fault... just would be nice if CM would actually try and move it to a bigger venue. It would benefit them too with the extra fans they could bring.
And who knows, CM may be trying to get it moved to a bigger venue as well

I have to give credit to Waverly as they've competed very well so far in the R16 playoffs. I would say there's no question that the level of competition goes up greatly in this round against Clinton Massie. I think the Falcons should be favored to win this game by 14 or so points. Their physicality will be the biggest issue that Waverly will have to overcome. On the flip side, Clinton Massie has had vulnerability to spread teams with quality QB's. It hasn't always produced a win for their opponent, but they've definitely allowed points. When I watched them play Alter in Week 1, CM absolutely stuffed the Knights wishbone running attack. In the second quarter, Alter adjusted and went to the spread. It wasn't a ton of passing but still a lot of running from the spread. From that point on until the final few minutes of the game, Alter controlled the game and had a lot of luck offensively. My prediction for this game is that CM ultimately is too physical. I'll go with:

Clinton Massie 42
Waverly 21

And who knows, CM may be trying to get it moved to a bigger venue as well

question is where to and who would be willing to help? considering the income from games is nowhere near what it is during these circumstances there’s almost no initiative for another school to host. I say this however Mechanicsburg and Adena was moved so anything can happen

I have to give credit to Waverly as they've competed very well so far in the R16 playoffs. I would say there's no question that the level of competition goes up greatly in this round against Clinton Massie. I think the Falcons should be favored to win this game by 14 or so points. Their physicality will be the biggest issue that Waverly will have to overcome. On the flip side, Clinton Massie has had vulnerability to spread teams with quality QB's. It hasn't always produced a win for their opponent, but they've definitely allowed points. When I watched them play Alter in Week 1, CM absolutely stuffed the Knights wishbone running attack. In the second quarter, Alter adjusted and went to the spread. It wasn't a ton of passing but still a lot of running from the spread. From that point on until the final few minutes of the game, Alter controlled the game and had a lot of luck offensively. My prediction for this game is that CM ultimately is too physical. I'll go with:

Clinton Massie 42
Waverly 21

While I do agree we are again considered the underdogs, I feel we are only 10 point dogs in this fight. Our offense has fired at will at every defense they’ve played hopefully they are ready for this challenge

While I do agree we are again considered the underdogs, I feel we are only 10 point dogs in this fight. Our offense has fired at will at every defense they’ve played hopefully they are ready for this challenge

Compared to many years, Clinton Massie has given up a fair amount of points. Again, those were mostly against spread type offenses as well. Typically you don't see them allow point totals like 32, 54, 41, etc. They actually allowed 20 or more points on 5 different occasions. With that being said, CM hasn't been held below 42 points all season long.

Clinton Massie:
Offense 60 ppg
Defense 24 ppg

Waverly:
Offense 47 ppg
Defense 18 ppg

So if you hope to beat the Falcons, points will need to be at a premium. Perhaps we'll see a shootout then?

The 60 ppg is by pounding the rock! The boys are by no means fancy. They just execute. Depending on the outcome Saturday night, it would be interesting for a Valley View rematch.