Turnout

Using the number of college degrees? Probably accurate. On the other hand, if the criteria is based on possessing basic intelligence and common sense, Dems will be forever losing elections.

Maybe we should base the ability to vote on how soon after turning 18 (or becoming a new citizen after 18) that a person registers and actually casts a ballot. If that's the case, I fear for the Democrats' chances. Network reporters and "Get Out The Vote" ads love to show middle-age and elderly non-immigrant adults with beatific expressions on their faces, saying "I just registered to vote, and you can too!", or feature folks from the same group celebrating the fact they just voted for the first time, like they have just discovered something nobody else ever has, and after waiting in line 3 hours to do so.

I dunno, maybe I do deserve a sound bite on NBC for what I've done some 88-plus times over the years. A mocha cappucino would certainly not be out of line here. And a trip to Dairy Queen. That's the ticket.
Working that mocha cappucino pretty hard, eh? Watching for a full court press as bb season approaches. :)

Just like Saturday night, DQ is alright!

Harris County
Day One- 128K
Day Two- 115K
Two day total plus mail in- 245K

Harris county is the gold standard of early voting going forward. They’ve made it easy and convenient for people to vote. From a wait time app to drive through voting to 24/7 precincts. I’m deeply impressed at the effort they’ve gone to actually make it easy for people to vote.

The effort especially stands out considering where Harris county is and what party rules the state. I have to admit it was nice to see both sides of the isle ripping Greg Abbot over his one ballot box rule.

Last edited:
Working that mocha cappucino pretty hard, eh? Watching for a full court press as bb season approaches. :)
I'm still recovering from working last week's playoff game. When I met with the officials before the game, they were concerned because our referee's mic system wasn't working. I said, "Don't worry, I'll just announce "offsides" a lot to make up for it."

I don’t think those conclusions are inferable from what Obi-Wan posted... he simply said that a high percentage of the electorate are registered this time, in some large oases of Democratic voters amongst otherwise Republican states— and that, in early voting, a lot more people have voted this time than previous time(s)... I don’t think anyone said anything about being ”excited to be voting for Biden”...

I don’t know, but i doubt “Democrats wanted to change the entire voting system“ — they know as well as (or better than) most that voting by mail is a somewhat riskier process than voting in person— because there are so many local election rules that can result in your ballot either being held till later, tossed as invalid, or only conditionally counted— that’s HARDLY a desirable change...

Having said that, voting by mail seems eminently sensible to me— the idea that people should (often) have to stand in line for hours to vote— and consider complex questions on the ballot without the ability to consult other resources (such as the internet) to inform their decisions, strikes me as far less than ideal— wouldn’t you agree? What is magical or essential about voting in person, in a voting booth? Why do you seem to endorse that system over voting by mail?

Do you not think it would be good, if the USPS could deliver mail locally in one day (and nationally in 2 days) as USED to be the USPS’s service commitment? I can assure you (as someone who regularly mails to the West Coast), it is NO LONGER anything close to the norm. Wouldn’t a more competent USPS only aid and abet a “voting by mail” process?
You have plenty of time before election day to get informed on the issues.

When you vote in person you have to prove you are who you say you are, one person one vote. Much easier to cheat by mail where you have no idea who actually filled out that ballot.

I agree with this 100%. There cannot be enough people in this country that actually think Biden will be a good president for him to win. Even most of the posters on here who are clearly going to vote for Biden don't say anything about him, it's always negative about Trump. It's a bad way to elect the leader of the free world, but this election has everything to do with people's personal feelings about Trump and little to do with Biden or Harris.
Hell Democrats dont think he'll be a good president, that's why they are attempting to tweak the 25th to make it easier to remove him.

You're probably right but as they say elections have consequences. Those middle of the road voters who are voting against Trump will be regretting next year if Biden actually wins. The policies of the far left will hurt this country and they will be in control if Biden is elected.
Anyone who values personality over policy is an idiot.

Sure it did. And I made my first billion by 10. See? I can make stuff up too. And having money doesn’t make you smart. If you voted for Trump, that’s all I need to know about your intelligence.
Like you made up having a masters?

Your rhetoric about how bad the Democratic Party is very amusing! It is bad on both sides. But you guys have your conservative blinders on and never see the complete picture. Low turnout and Trump attacking Hillary got him in the first time! Turns out he is a much bigger criminal and fraud than Hillary! Trump has resorted to freakin begging for votes. The huge turnout has ruffled his feathers! By the looks of things, it has gotten to you guys too!
Huge turnout in Democrat strongholds he wasnt winning anyway, yawn.

Biden isnt begging for votes? "If you dont vote for me you ain't black"

S
Because people are scared of lines during COVID ?‍♂️ the numbers on election day will be commensurately down.

Early voting is not an edge to either party.
So they are standing in 10 hour lines this week instead? Interesting theory.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Huge turnout in Democrat strongholds he wasnt winning anyway, yawn.

Biden isnt begging for votes? "If you dont vote for me you ain't black"
You understand that elections are about turnout, right? If Franklin county turns out the same percentage as Mahoning county, Biden wins. That’s how percentages and turnout works. The biggest fear of the GOP is an energized blue base. The democrats could run a squirrel, and the base would be energized this year. Trump is going down, and it’s not even going to be close.

Just got back from early voting in Hamilton County. Super quick and easy. Whole process couldn't have taken more than 10 or 15 minutes. Don't know why some people are trying to be first in line at like 5 a.m. lol

You understand that elections are about turnout, right? If Franklin county turns out the same percentage as Mahoning county, Biden wins. That’s how percentages and turnout works. The biggest fear of the GOP is an energized blue base. The democrats could run a squirrel, and the base would be energized this year. Trump is going down, and it’s not even going to be close.
You understand Trump supporters can vote early too right?

Biden can win without Ohio or Pennsylvania. My money says he takes both though. The Biden campaign has enough of a lead, and enoug money that they are wasting money in GEORGIA.

Just got back from early voting in Hamilton County. Super quick and easy. Whole process couldn't have taken more than 10 or 15 minutes. Don't know why some people are trying to be first in line at like 5 a.m. lol
That's why I laughed at ProV suggesting there are 10 hour lines...the whole point of voting early is to avoid lines.

Biden can win without Ohio or Pennsylvania. My money says he takes both though. The Biden campaign has enough of a lead, and enoug money that they are wasting money in GEORGIA.
I'll let you know the mistakes Biden made after the election. Imo he has made one specific error that will cost him.

The democrats could run a squirrel, and the base would be energized this year. Trump is going down, and it’s not even going to be close.
download.jpg

False, and stupid, F-Nut
Not false. He can. He won’t, but he can. Trump has one path and it’s narrow...just like it was in 2016. You have to count on Trump having not lost 80,000 votes spread over 3 states in 4 years. That’s a pretty stupid bet to take.

Trump is done. Even Trump knows this.

You understand Trump supporters can vote early too right?

I've twice tried to vote early at the Butler County elections board and BOTH times there was a massive crowd waiting to vote and I didn't even bother getting in line. The demographics of those voting that I saw were 100% white, middle aged and older, and this in a county that went 63% for Trump in 2016.

Friends of mine in Clermont Country also report very long lines for voting there to. Last election Trump got 67% of this vote.

The assumption that most of the early voters and mail in voters are democrats may be one of the biggest misses this election cycle.

Like Hillary had a lead?
You hillbillies love to talk about the polls. The polls were mostly right, even at the state level. The states that handed douche clown the election all had polls fall well under the margin of error....

The most inaccurate poll, which didn’t take into account the last 2 weeks was off because late deciders broke for trump 2 weeks before voting day.

Can Trump win in 2020? Absolutely. And Bowling Green could beat Alabama. But it’s not likely.