Ohio Heritage Conference 2020

I know you guys write off the south...but Greeneview will be back in full force in a few years they have some really nice classes coming up...the sophomore class is very talented and due to all the injuries last season got a ton of playing time as freshman...i think the entire league is getting better

Yep both Fairbanks and Greeneview belong on the list and the OHC in it's entirety is improving, NE & Triad have some good up side but it is that much harder in the north. The top is good and the bottom is bad but if the middle can continue to get stronger that is good for all!

I know you guys write off the south...but Greeneview will be back in full force in a few years they have some really nice classes coming up...the sophomore class is very talented and due to all the injuries last season got a ton of playing time as freshman...i think the entire league is getting better
I agree. I just thought he was talking about the North, which is typically stronger.

SE is young as well. It'd be nice to see them, Cedarville and MP improve to make it a great conference.

the OHC is full of many solid communities with potential for a MAC-ish conference. you have the 4 North teams and Greeneview in the South who are traditionally very good. Greenon has been on the up and coming. Cedarville, Triad, and Catholic Central all have a rich history of success but unfortunately they have been down as of late. Madison Plains is mediocre yearly. The league has a lot of potential everywhere and that's for sure.

on the topic of Greeneview, it seems like they have some very solid young talent. after this year, the OHC South will be theirs to lose. Greenon doesn't have much coming up, it will take a very good coaching job to keep them at the top (they will have some talent but none coming up to replace who they are losing). Plains has a nice senior class but im not familiar with anyone they have coming up. Ive heard Cedarville has a very solid freshman class this year, I would love to see them win again.

im with Greeneview Fan, the league is getting better.

I agree on greenview. THey have show well in the playoffs and its unfortunate they are in the south where they play 4 bad teams and one decent one. Hard to get respect beating Se and Cedarville every week. Not thier fault, just is what it is.

I think the league would have been better served to have put WJ into the south. Then you have WJ, GV, and Greenon in the south and Mech, WL, and FB in the North. Makes the sides much more competitive. As it is now, the NOrth went 6-0 vs. the south this year, and wins 75% or more of the games in a regular year.

FB last year was honestly a playoff caliber team, but you cant get all 4 OHC north teams into the playoffs. Someone has to lose those games. Just like 2018, WL was playoff worthy, but didnt get in.
Yes, the OHC is completely lopsided, at least for football, of course one of the top coaches presented a system that other conferences are now using which pitted the #1 teams in the North and South, #2 teams, etc. against each other in the final week but it was promptly shot down. It not only gives you a true league champion but it makes the final week mean something for every team.

I agree on greenview. THey have show well in the playoffs and its unfortunate they are in the south where they play 4 bad teams and one decent one. Hard to get respect beating Se and Cedarville every week. Not thier fault, just is what it is.

I think the league would have been better served to have put WJ into the south. Then you have WJ, GV, and Greenon in the south and Mech, WL, and FB in the North. Makes the sides much more competitive. As it is now, the NOrth went 6-0 vs. the south this year, and wins 75% or more of the games in a regular year.

FB last year was honestly a playoff caliber team, but you cant get all 4 OHC north teams into the playoffs. Someone has to lose those games. Just like 2018, WL was playoff worthy, but didnt get in.
I don’t think you could separate Burg and WJ. That game has become a huge rivalry for both communities.

Yes, the OHC is completely lopsided, at least for football, of course one of the top coaches presented a system that other conferences are now using which pitted the #1 teams in the North and South, #2 teams, etc. against each other in the final week but it was promptly shot down. It not only gives you a true league champion but it makes the final week mean something for every team.

I love the concept. But I also understand why the south, particularly, would be against it with the current harbin playoff system. You don't get points for a loss. So using 2018 as an example, N1 West Jefferson would play S1 Greeneview in Week 10. Greeneview is probably losing that game 9 out of 10 times. So instead of getting the harbins for defeating Madison Plains in Week 10, they get 0 harbins. Greeneview likely misses the playoffs. I think playoffs mean more to most of these teams than winning an "outright" league championship.

If true, this would be great for the conference. I am not questioning you but do you know this to be a fact? Why was it shot down? Who shot it down? Coaches, ADs?

I love the concept. But I also understand why the south, particularly, would be against it with the current harbin playoff system. You don't get points for a loss. So using 2018 as an example, N1 West Jefferson would play S1 Greeneview in Week 10. Greeneview is probably losing that game 9 out of 10 times. So instead of getting the harbins for defeating Madison Plains in Week 10, they get 0 harbins. Greeneview likely misses the playoffs. I think playoffs mean more to most of these teams than winning an "outright" league championship.
You are probably right but this is why the OHC will always be behind the MAC, competition. Not only do the MAC schools play a tough conference schedule, they also find OOC games that are a challenge.

Slow down fellas. Until the OHC beats a MAC team (I don't believe it's happened) you can't compare the two. WJ and Burg could compete with them and the better WLS teams could as well but the rest of the OHC is getting clocked often against the MAC.

Im guessing the South wanted no part of that too. At least if the south 1 or two plays the North 5 or 6 they have a shot at winning. Heck, the North 4 beat the South Champ by multiple scores last year. And that was with Greenon scoring late to make it look better.
But you could also have issues where a team played another team 3 times in a season, which is a bit much. Say, Greenview and WL play in the regular season. Then meet as the #2 seeds in the North/South matchup. Then they have to play again in the playoffs. MIght be rare, but definitely a possibility.

Slow down fellas. Until the OHC beats a MAC team (I don't believe it's happened) you can't compare the two. WJ and Burg could compete with them and the better WLS teams could as well but the rest of the OHC is getting clocked often against the MAC.
I agree. The OHC will NEVER be the MAC. It's about Genetics. And coaching toa degree. But football is still about the Jimmys and Joes. But the OHC should strive to be the next league talked about after the MAC.

I have been a part of both leagues and the OHC is not close to the MAC conference wise. Look at what happens in the playoffs every year.

You are probably right but this is why the OHC will always be behind the MAC, competition. Not only do the MAC schools play a tough conference schedule, they also find OOC games that are a challenge.
They also do not have the Daddy/Pee-Wee Programs. Well, all but two. Parkway and Delphos have Pee-Wee programs, and they are typically at the bottom on the MAC. But true, most of the MAC teams schedule very good OOC games. To be the man, you have to beat the man.

0-27. Southeastern beat Anna in the playoffs in 2001, but Anna wasn't in the MAC at the time.

OHC vs Anna: 0-1
OHC vs Coldwater: 0-3
OHC vs Marion Local: 0-13
OHC vs Minster: 0-6
OHC vs New Bremen: 0-1
OHC vs St. Henry: 0-2
OHC vs Versailles: 0-1

OHC has never played Delphos St. John's (that shocked me), Fort Recovery or Parkway.

Interesting enough, West Liberty-Salem has made the playoffs 8 times in the last 10 years. They've been beaten by the MAC or the OHC every time (6 MAC eliminations, 2 fellow OHC eliminations).

0-27. Southeastern beat Anna in the playoffs in 2001, but Anna wasn't in the MAC at the time.

OHC vs Anna: 0-1
OHC vs Coldwater: 0-3
OHC vs Marion Local: 0-13
OHC vs Minster: 0-6
OHC vs New Bremen: 0-1
OHC vs St. Henry: 0-2
OHC vs Versailles: 0-1

OHC has never played Delphos St. John's (that shocked me), Fort Recovery or Parkway.

Interesting enough, West Liberty-Salem has made the playoffs 8 times in the last 10 years. They've been beaten by the MAC or the OHC every time (6 MAC eliminations, 2 fellow OHC eliminations).

And that should be the goal. Try to only lose to the MAC or another OHC school in the playoffs. Thats shows you are number 2, which is as close as anyone is going to get.

Thats a crazy stat for WL. Thier coaches must hate the MAC!
I bet Mech. is similar to WL too. Ive been to several of thier playoff games where they got knocked out by a MAC school.

OHC schools also keep running into Marion Local, Coldwater ,and Minster the most. Thats tough. Maybe they could beat or at least hang with FR, NB, or Versailles occasionally, but they keep getting the monsters of the MAC. Thats also tough and just bad luck.

And that should be the goal. Try to only lose to the MAC or another OHC school in the playoffs. Thats shows you are number 2, which is as close as anyone is going to get.

Thats a crazy stat for WL. Thier coaches must hate the MAC!
I bet Mech. is similar to WL too. Ive been to several of thier playoff games where they got knocked out by a MAC school.

OHC schools also keep running into Marion Local, Coldwater ,and Minster the most. Thats tough. Maybe they could beat or at least hang with FR, NB, or Versailles occasionally, but they keep getting the monsters of the MAC. Thats also tough and just bad luck.
I would enjoy seeing Mechanicsburg match up with Fort Recovery. I think that game would be dead even.

I would enjoy seeing Mechanicsburg match up with Fort Recovery. I think that game would be dead even.
The MAC is the best, period. I believe someone in the OHC will eventually get to the top but they will have to go through one of those monsters. I hope it is the Burg first!

Just in the last 5 years-
2014: 41-42 in OT vs Minster
2015: 7-9 vs ML
2016: 15-23 vs ML
2019: the score looked worse than it was. hats off to Anna, they are the champs for a reason!

Got to get over the hump at some point!

I agree. The OHC will NEVER be the MAC. It's about Genetics. And coaching toa degree. But football is still about the Jimmys and Joes. But the OHC should strive to be the next league talked about after the MAC.
Well feel free to give Forrest 85 kids, 40 of whom are over 200 pounds and then come back with your better coaching argument.

Well feel free to give Forrest 85 kids, 40 of whom are over 200 pounds and then come back with your better coaching argument.

I wasn’t referring to Forrest. I think the top OHC coaches/staffs are comparable to MAC staffs, but not the bottom or middle. I agree that if Forrest had that kind of roster he could compete with anyone, and probably win a few state titles too.

The MAC is the best, period. I believe someone in the OHC will eventually get to the top but they will have to go through one of those monsters. I hope it is the Burg first!

Just in the last 5 years-
2014: 41-42 in OT vs Minster
2015: 7-9 vs ML
2016: 15-23 vs ML
2019: the score looked worse than it was. hats off to Anna, they are the champs for a reason!

Got to get over the hump at some point!
Dont forget our game with Greeneview that we literally had to block a field goal at the end. That was a good one. Coldwater hasn't faced the burg yet.

You just stirred someone up with that trigger word! Genetics/Coaching/Community all matter. Well coached, good genetics, large roster from a town that values football and allows their kids to be coached hard, is a lot to add up.
I saw Jimmies and Joes at MP in 2017 I thought would give a young burg team more than they could handle - result burg putting on a running clock.
I have seen some NE teams look way good getting off the bus and well west jeff has 80+ jimmies & Joes 1/2 that weigh over 200lbs - do the math with other comment from big fish..........

Would like to see another Burg-WJ game for sure. I know a lot about the Ross County teams and Adena is the stronger of the 2 this year BUT they have still yet to win a playoff game. PV is still solid but lost a very good senior class along with the retirement of their longtime coach. They have had some playoff success but doubtful they can win more than 1 this year. I saw them play Newark Catholic last year and was sure they could contend for a Regional title but ended up with something like 4 All Ohio out by the time week 9 come around and lost in week 11.
Adena is a year older and seems on a mission but the svc is waaaay down this year so not sure how that will play into it.

If true, this would be great for the conference. I am not questioning you but do you know this to be a fact? Why was it shot down? Who shot it down? Coaches, ADs?

This is a fact it was shot down by a few coaches that from my reports where essentially scared of the idea shaking up their kingdoms.