Hubbard at Girard

Thank you for that.

I just assumed with the drains around the perimeter of the field it was similar to YSU's drainage system. YSU does have asphalt under their turf which I did not know until it was replaced for the very first time.
For some reason, I can’t remember why, I was down at YSUs stadium a couple times during installation and when they put down the very first turf. Nasty stuff. Like indoor/outdoor carpeting. And yes, it was asphalt with if i remember correctly, about a 3/4 inch rubber cushion. No rubber pellets in those days. Rock hard. While I was standing near the end zone they cut a piece of turf out where the goal post went in. I grabbed it and kept it. It’s still somewhere in my basement I think. The only thing about that stuff similar to grass was the color.

Poland/Hubbard/struthers/Canfield all have the same turf now, I believe SR and lakeview as well
I think, if I'm not mistaking, Struthers turf was installed by the same company that installed Hubbard's. It's a company out of Hubbard owned by a Hubbard grad. His father taught at Hubbard High for years. Someone told me when they were installing Hubbard's that they installed the same turf at the Steelers outdoor training facility. Weather or not that is correct, I really don't know, but the person seemed very knowledgeable and sincere about it.

I think, if I'm not mistaking, Struthers turf was installed by the same company that installed Hubbard's. It's a company out of Hubbard owned by a Hubbard grad. His father taught at Hubbard High for years. Someone told me when they were installing Hubbard's that they installed the same turf at the Steelers outdoor training facility. Weather or not that is correct, I really don't know, but the person seemed very knowledgeable and sincere about it.
Astro turf did Canfield and struthers last year, im
Not sure if they sub contract for people to lay the turf or not

Hubbard's turf itself is the brand called ProGrass. The company that put it down I can't remember their name. I'd have to go down to the stadium to find out, they are one of the advertisers on the scoreboard. They also built the new baseball and softball fields on the Hubbard campus.

Maybe roberto might know their company name...

I was at Jib Jab yesterday, the only good part of it is that it's super close to I 80. Quick in and quick out of Girard as fast as you can.

Does anybody know if Girard replaced their turf? I heard it's in pretty bad shape, is that correct
Kids are getting soft. Lets go back to dirt and mud. Bad turf is still light years better than the mud pits of a decade or so ago. .After that mud dried out with holes all over the place you could easily sprain or break an ankle. And many did.
Yes remember when Hubbard had the soup bowl for a field. The year they were hosting Liberty in the playoffs they had a Helicopter hovering above the field what a joke that was!!

Yes remember when Hubbard had the soup bowl for a field. The year they were hosting Liberty in the playoffs they had a Helicopter hovering above the field what a joke that was!!
Remember I watched them play a tac 8 a game there years ago and the visitor side line had about a foot of standing water

Harding has done the helicopter thing as well. Glad those days are gone.

They through down a bunch of oil dry I believe before that game lol and about halfway through the first quarter it was worse than what it was to begin with!! I remember the coach for Liberty wanted Hubbard to have the game at a neutral site because of the field conditions at Hubbard.... They told him to go pound salt. I cant remember the coaches name from Liberty back then?

I was at Jib Jab yesterday, the only good part of it is that it's super close to I 80. Quick in and quick out of Girard as fast as you can.

Does anybody know if Girard replaced their turf? I heard it's in pretty bad shape, is that correct?
Ohhh its rot gut but so damn good and nothing like swamp asss!!

They through down a bunch of oil dry I believe before that game lol and about halfway through the first quarter it was worse than what it was to begin with!! I remember the coach for Liberty wanted Hubbard to have the game at a neutral site because of the field conditions at Hubbard.... They told him to go pound salt. I cant remember the coaches name from Liberty back then?
Had to be Whittaker

Hubbard's turf itself is the brand called ProGrass. The company that put it down I can't remember their name. I'd have to go down to the stadium to find out, they are one of the advertisers on the scoreboard. They also built the new baseball and softball fields on the Hubbard campus.

Maybe roberto might know their company name...

United Civil Contractors & Developers
330-534-0303
I think they paid for the scoreboard as well. Dedicated to Robert Riffle, Hubbard Coach and Teacher
ScreenHunter_7585 Sep. 16 22.44.jpg

That company did stuff at struthers complex as well, I think before the turf went in they leveled everything

Astro turf did Canfield and struthers last year, im
Not sure if they sub contract for people to lay the turf or not
Astro Turf is the "brand name of the turf", not the installer.

Most likely United Civil Contractors & Developers out of Hubbard installed your Astro Turf. If they did, which I'm almost certain they did, then it was done first class.

Hubbard has ProGrass for their turf, same as the Steelers outdoor practice facility. ProGrass is based out of Pittsburgh. United Civil Contractors did Hubbard's turf and their baseball and softball fields as well.

Astro Turf is the "brand name of the turf", not the installer.

Most likely United Civil Contractors & Developers out of Hubbard installed your Astro Turf. If they did, which I'm almost certain they did, then it was done first class.

Hubbard has ProGrass for their turf, same as the Steelers outdoor practice facility. ProGrass is based out of Pittsburgh. United Civil Contractors did Hubbard's turf and their baseball and softball fields as well.
Oh the actual company that came in and install the turf and did the groundwork was actually from Stark County.

I understand that. So I guess I should have worded it: "Do you guys expect to receive the same type of help/donations?"
I don’t think we ever expected anything, but the fact that we named our new complex after his dad and it’s not finished yet leads me to believe we are probably counting on the Belichick family in some aspect. We’ll see.

He’s wrong
I remember seeing on TV when they were working on your field the United Civil's trucks over there. I thought to myself that they will be getting top quality workmanship.

Why is this even being discussed on a Hubbard /Girard thread about Struthers field??? How did this get highjacked..
.lol???

I remember seeing on TV when they were working on your field the United Civil's trucks over there. I thought to myself that they will be getting top quality workmanship.

Why is this even being discussed on a Hubbard /Girard thread about Struthers field??? How did this get highjacked..
.lol???
rudzik excavating pulled up the field and dug it out. The other company may have done something else I’m not sure Not sure why this is on this thread. But really any post on any thread is fine. Who cares.
Does Hubbard expect to have any starters out this week?