Parma, Cuy County Supers Urging OHSAA to Move Football to Spring

You would think if one was to send a letter requesting sports be moved to Spring, they would at the very least include in that letter a proposal of what moving those sports to Spring would look like. Only way it works would have been to move baseball to the Fall, which it is now to late to do.

You would think if one was to send a letter requesting sports be moved to Spring, they would at the very least include in that letter a proposal of what moving those sports to Spring would look like. Only way it works would have been to move baseball to the Fall, which it is now to late to do.

It’s Parma leading the charge - when have they been even remotely relevant in anything?

All I see is move everything to Spring. But how many of the smaller schools have enough players to field teams for spring if athletes choose their fall sport to play instead of spring? What happens when this same debate is going on about winter sports and everyone is pushing that to be pushed back to spring? All sounds good on paper but for some schools it's gonna be a logistical nightmare.

I think that if they wanted to do this (which I understand), this should have been done in June or July. I can't see this going through unfortunately.

I wasn't even thinking of the efficacy of the proposal as much as its a sign of the mindset of school officials.

Now that its getting to crunch time-with the possibility of fall sports going forward-The districts urging to move to spring have they already shut themselves down?

It makes zero sense to me to say "because my kids in summit county can't play, those kids in mercer county shouldn't be allowed to either."

Very interesting that inner city and counties run by Dems are shutting down sports and suggest moving them to the Spring while the others recommend having sports in the fall. Quit politicizing HS sports and using the kids as pawns. As for the Dems, do they realize the weather conditions and other factors associated with football and soccer in the Spring.

Very interesting that inner city and counties run by Dems are shutting down sports and suggest moving them to the Spring while the others recommend having sports in the fall. Quit politicizing HS sports and using the kids as pawns. As for the Dems, do they realize the weather conditions and other factors associated with football and soccer in the Spring.
If baseball and lacrosse can play in the spring, so could football.

If enough districts/counties aren’t playing, what’s the point though?

Sure, there's a tipping point where the OHSAA would say "this doesn't make sense anymore"

But they haven't hit that point, and aren't even close. Outside of the big city public school districts and this northeast contingent, looks like everyone else is goin.

To all involved in the "play in the spring" BS:

What leads you to believe Covid-19 hysteria will be better by spring? Listening to "professionals" and their "flattening the curve" narrative has taken us from 15 days to 120.

Play the damn games! SMH. Look what is going on with the B1G for God's sake.

Sure, there's a tipping point where the OHSAA would say "this doesn't make sense anymore"

But they haven't hit that point, and aren't even close. Outside of the big city public school districts and this northeast contingent, looks like everyone else is goin.

let’s check back and see if that’s still the case 2-4 weeks from now

To all involved in the "play in the spring" BS:

What leads you to believe Covid-19 hysteria will be better by spring? Listening to "professionals" and their "flattening the curve" narrative has taken us from 15 days to 120.

Play the damn games! SMH. Look what is going on with the B1G for God's sake.
the election.

look i’m one to think this is an overreaction but let’s face it, this is a political stunt and we would have a better chance if a season without interruptions in the spring.

the election.

look i’m one to think this is an overreaction but let’s face it, this is a political stunt and we would have a better chance if a season without interruptions in the spring.
My opinion is that this is will be a lot of wasted time and resources to start football now only to have the plug pulled in a month or so when the majority of schools go back to remote learning and you have thousands of kids in quarantine unable to play.
Based on early returns from high schools and colleges already back, things don’t look promising to get a season in now.

My opinion is that this is will be a lot of wasted time and resources to start football now only to have the plug pulled in a month or so when the majority of schools go back to remote learning and you have thousands of kids in quarantine unable to play.
Based on early returns from high schools and colleges already back, things don’t look promising to get a season in now.
i completely agree. while i absolutely love high school football and everything about it, i know the chances of us getting a season in the spring are much greater than the fall. i respect everything the coaches association has done to try and have a fall season. if they pull off a fall season, i will truly be impressed.

i completely agree. while i absolutely love high school football and everything about it, i know the chances of us getting a season in the spring are much greater than the fall. i respect everything the coaches association has done to try and have a fall season. if they pull off a fall season, i will truly be impressed.
Agreed. I’m happy to be wrong on this one and would love them to get a season in this fall. It would be better for everyone. Just seems unlikely. It’s easy to say go ahead and try when you’re not the one liable if things go sideways or responsible for budget concerns.

The Governor's order today gives these Supers what they want. The ability to play in Spring if they think that is best for their student-athletes.

It just may mean no OHSAA post-season.

If your school plans to sit out the fall, and play football in the spring, they don’t care about the kids safety, they care about their politics.

You know that how?