The Official 2020 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Vottos 287th career homer and 951st RBI. Now tied with Tony Perez for 3rd most HR and moved past Dave Concepcion for 6th most RBI in Reds history

Last edited:
Great win for the REDS.

So 8 teams qualify for the playoffs in the National League..... How are they doing it?

Top 2 in each divisions plus the next 2 with the best records or is it the 3 league winners plus the next 5 with best records?

you watch the game tonight?

I watched Montreal/Pittsburgh playoff hockey game and Now Edmonton/Chicago.

I do admit that I watched the DH game yesterday. 1, though I disagree with the format it was the first 7 inning DH so it was history but mainly because of no Votto. I forgot how annoying Thom was and quickly muted it.

I watched Montreal/Pittsburgh playoff hockey game and Now Edmonton/Chicago.

I do admit that I watched the DH game yesterday. 1, though I disagree with the format it was the first 7 inning DH so it was history but mainly because of no Votto. I forgot how annoying Thom was and quickly muted it.
Imagine being this miserable

Reds move into 2nd place in NL Central with the win last night and 7th in the NL. Top 8 make the playoffs I think.

Their 3 game winning streak has gotten them back to .500, now they need to keep it rolling. Mahle takes the mound tonight.

No need for me to pile on Vamps, you guys have it covered. Votto remains an all-timer, and nice to see the pen come through. I question Bell for not using Garrett in a game that close. Keeping your best weapon in the holster is questionable. But it worked out.

PS. even on a night when he was not his best, Sonny is pretty darn good.

No need for me to pile on Vamps, you guys have it covered. Votto remains an all-timer, and nice to see the pen come through. I question Bell for not using Garrett in a game that close. Keeping your best weapon in the holster is questionable. But it worked out.

PS. even on a night when he was not his best, Sonny is pretty darn good.

I thought that was odd too especially since Iglesias had pitched Friday and Sunday while Amir had not pitched since last Tuesday. Glad it worked out though.

Bieber vs Mahle tonight. Would consider it a probable L with how ridiculous Bieber is playing rn but with how bad the Indians hitting is... who knows.

28-22 needed to be locked into a postseason birth.......
#math-skills-lacking

As of today...
- In the AL, Detroit at 5-5 and Cleveland at 5-6 are in the playoffs.
- in the NL, Cincy at 5-5, and San Fran at 5-6 are in the playoffs. Of course, that assumes they leave Miami in at 2-1, currently in "1st" in the East. Eliminate them for sheer stupidity, and Washington is also in at 3-4.

Bieber vs Mahle tonight. Would consider it a probable L with how ridiculous Bieber is playing rn but with how bad the Indians hitting is... who knows.
Yep, Bieber has been ridiculous. But they have to play it out, and I'm guessing he makes a few mistakes. Hopefully our guys hit the mistakes really hard.

#math-skills-lacking

As of today...
- in the NL, Cincy at 5-5, and San Fran at 5-6 are in the playoffs. Of course, that assumes they leave Miami in at 2-1, currently in "1st" in the East. Eliminate them for sheer stupidity, and Washington is also in at 3-4.
That’s a good point. What if Miami plays 25 less games than everyone else? At some point if there is such a disparity, they should just do an all-in tourny. I think that would be fun.

Its a po
#math-skills-lacking

As of today...

Its a projection retard.

I predict 33-27 gets them in fo sho, not sweating it the last few days.
Just like for the NFL I would aim for 11 wins to be safe.

I stand by my post, if only to keep getting under your skin.

Its a po

Its a projection retard.

I predict 33-27 gets them in fo sho, not sweating it the last few days.
Just like for the NFL I would aim for 11 wins to be safe.

I stand by my post, if only to keep getting under your skin.
It’s already been established a 500 record will likely get them in for sure.