Fecko out at Mooney

Any truth to the rumor they're bringing in Maty Mauk to be quarterbacks coach?
That may be true, but they had Mike Tomzcak working with their QB last yr. Mauk was an animal but Tomzcak has to be about as experienced a QB coach as any HS QB coach anywhere. Not sure if he’s returning or not but I do know the QB Guererri who got hurt last yr and is back this yr liked him a lot.

It’s more then the administration forsure, but I do agree it would be a good conference. Fitch and warren would be at the top annually though
Fitch and Warren should be the only ones who should be against the league because there is not many computer points and competition level is not going to challenge their kids enough but that is not how people think. If you look at how each school would probably schedule their 3 OOC their schedules would be no more hard or easy than what their schedule is today.

Fitch and Warren should be the only ones who should be against the league because there is not many computer points and competition level is not going to challenge their kids enough but that is not how people think. If you look at how each school would probably schedule their 3 OOC their schedules would be no more hard or easy than what their schedule is today.
Did I miss where Boardman became a pushover and dropped a division below these 2 (all three are D-2)? All 3 have been relatively equal recently. Boardman was in the playoffs 3 out of the last 5 years.

That may be true, but they had Mike Tomzcak working with their QB last yr. Mauk was an animal but Tomzcak has to be about as experienced a QB coach as any HS QB coach anywhere. Not sure if he’s returning or not but I do know the QB Guererri who got hurt last yr and is back this yr liked him a lot.

I was joking after everyone was focusing the former habits of the new coach.

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the former YSU coaches that didn't either move on with Bo to LSU (D'Alesio and Baker) or to other places (Ganz is now at Northern Iowa, for example) find themselves at Mooney. Tomczak was a volunteer coach there, and Tim Marlowe was on staff.

Did I miss where Boardman became a pushover and dropped a division below these 2 (all three are D-2)? All 3 have been relatively equal recently. Boardman was in the playoffs 3 out of the last 5 years.
Not at all do people think Boardman is a push over it is just there doesn't seem to be an issue with these local schools (mainly Canfield) playing Boardman. Seems like Warren and Fitch are excluded from area schedules most often. Just look at this years schedules, I believe Boardman has at least 2 more local games on their schedule than the other 2 have on their schedules.

Any truth to the rumor they're bringing in Maty Mauk to be quarterbacks coach?
That would be interesting. Maty is doing well in the Springfield, MO area helping his dad and brother with Glendale HS there. Maty has also got involved in real estate and has well early on in his career. Im glad the young man has been able to get things right in his world too

Not at all do people think Boardman is a push over it is just there doesn't seem to be an issue with these local schools (mainly Canfield) playing Boardman. Seems like Warren and Fitch are excluded from area schedules most often. Just look at this years schedules, I believe Boardman has at least 2 more local games on their schedule than the other 2 have on their schedules.
Probably partially is because both Harding and Fitch are open enrollment while Boardman is not.

Also Fitch #’s really just dramatically dropped after lordstown gm plant closed last year. It seemed like almost by 80 kids per grade. Before that they were D-1 and considerably bigger than even Boardman since going OE.

I’ve heard some on the current ATown school board are adamant about ending OE. If so, Fitch would definitely be smaller than Boardman and much closer in size to other locals like Howland and Canfield than currently. So that could change things down the road.

Probably partially is because both Harding and Fitch are open enrollment while Boardman is not.

Also Fitch #’s really just dramatically dropped after lordstown gm plant closed last year. It seemed like almost by 80 kids per grade. Before that they were D-1 and considerably bigger than even Boardman since going OE.

I’ve heard some on the current ATown school board are adamant about ending OE. If so, Fitch would definitely be smaller than Boardman and much closer in size to other locals like Howland and Canfield than currently. So that could change things down the road.
Then if what you say is correct about Fitch future enrollment this alignment of schools makes perfect sense.

Wkbn is reporting a positive test at East. Both Chaney and East athletics will halt until everybody is tested and a thorough cleaning at East
Here's my question. Who is paying for the testing? Both schools are going remote for the first 9 weeks(which I don't agree with btw) because they don't have the money to safely reopen but they are going to be abke to pay to test all athletes? That's not a good look. Also, should they be having athletics if they can't be in school? Doesn't that defeat their stated purpose? Again, I believe both should be full go. But if you do it both ways its hypocritical. Howland is doing this also, letting kids go online and play sports.

This made me check out Joe Eitel.
Although some games were close, I was surprised to see that Boardman is 1-5 the last 3 years against Fitch and Harding.

Here's my question. Who is paying for the testing? Both schools are going remote for the first 9 weeks(which I don't agree with btw) because they don't have the money to safely reopen but they are going to be abke to pay to test all athletes? That's not a good look. Also, should they be having athletics if they can't be in school? Doesn't that defeat their stated purpose? Again, I believe both should be full go. But if you do it both ways its hypocritical. Howland is doing this also, letting kids go online and play sports.
Parents are paying for the testing at Howland. As far as school Howland is offering 2 models. 2 days in school and remote the other days or 5 days remote. players have been asked by coaches too try and only hang out with kids from the team and avoid interactions with nonplayers during free time.