Who is wearing masks?

Were you riding your bike indoors in a public place? No? Then why would you expect to see anyone in masks? Really solid argument there.

My wife is an RN, and neighbor/friend is an MD. I'll take my advice from them about this pandemic. We don't wear masks when biking or taking walks. Just in stores/public indoor spaces.

Enjoy your freedom to not wear a mask, no problem. Right up until all the shutdowns again when the 2nd wave hits. Which by the way will cripple the economy much worse than the 1st wave. Why can't all the knuckleheads just take one simple step to try to do their part to slow the spread? "Cause we're Americans, and we have freedom, dangit!" With any luck Darwinism will once again win out, the herd is thinned out, and the collective IQ goes way up. Society is better off in the long run.

As long as you don't have symptoms you are unlikely to spread the virus. The key to caring about other people and to limiting the chance of a 2nd wave is if anyone who gets even the slightest symptom quarantines themselves.

Another practice that makes sense is to practice social distancing. This is likely more effective then wearing a mask. In fact I've observed that some mask wearers don't practice proper social distancing. And don't get me started on how people aren't wearing the masks properly.

You and others have questioned those of us who don't wear masks unless it makes sense to do so (small room with a lot of people in it) as not caring about the safety of others. Well I would ask you two questions:

* Do you exceed the speed limit?

* Do you talk on your cell phone while driving?

Because both of these actions have been shown to lead to increased traffic accidents and deaths. Does that mean that people who do either are selfish bastards.

The current pandemic is not virulent enough to justify widespread public mask wearing. What it does do is help maintain a sign of abnormality and a signal that the virus is far more dangerous then it is. The desire to keep us in fear should make reasonable people suspicious.

My town is mandating face coverings starting tomorrow. Class 2 misdemeanor if you are caught not wearing one. The funniest part? Children 11 and under are exempt, as well as individuals with pre-existing conditions like having trouble breathing. So apparently my town couldn't care less about children dying, or a group that is most vulnerable to getting the disease lol. This is all reactionary nonsense. It's a way to say to the doomsdayers hey look we are doing something!

My town is mandating face coverings starting tomorrow. Class 2 misdemeanor if you are caught not wearing one. The funniest part? Children 11 and under are exempt, as well as individuals with pre-existing conditions like having trouble breathing. So apparently my town couldn't care less about children dying, or a group that is most vulnerable to getting the disease lol. This is all reactionary nonsense. It's a way to say to the doomsdayers hey look we are doing something!
You live in Karen ville?

Many states and cities are mandating masks as the best means to halt the spread, based on CDC testing and recommendations. But I'm sure a bunch of cranky old farts posting on Yappi know better than the CDC and medical professionals. Enjoy your freedom to go maskless. For a while. It will be mandated in Ohio fairly soon.

PS. As a life-long Republican, I hate that there are so many laws for silly crap that should be personal choice (seat belts, smoking in public buildings, masks, etc.) But then I see yahoos on TV saying "the virus is a hoax" and things like that. As a society we seem to be too stupid to make proper decisions for ourselves and those around us. Idiocracy was a silly movie, but it is happening as we speak.

Many states and cities are mandating masks as the best means to halt the spread, based on CDC testing and recommendations. But I'm sure a bunch of cranky old farts posting on Yappi know better than the CDC and medical professionals. Enjoy your freedom to go maskless. For a while. It will be mandated in Ohio fairly soon.

PS. As a life-long Republican, I hate that there are so many laws for silly crap that should be personal choice (seat belts, smoking in public buildings, masks, etc.) But then I see yahoos on TV saying "the virus is a hoax" and things like that. As a society we seem to be too stupid to make proper decisions for ourselves and those around us. Idiocracy was a silly movie, but it is happening as we speak.
No.

This is a pretty dumb argument, even by your standards.
No, it’s dumb that you and other leftist are too pvssified to criticize the protestors. Burning down a Target with no mask and you guys are crickets. Go to Kroger with no mask and you guys act like someone is being killed.

Where are all of you mask enthusiasts? I see more than a few people without a mask in these photos. I know, you guys are cowards and don’t want to criticize black people, but if this disease is so serious we need to where masks everywhere, shouldn’t you be calling them out for their own good?

Obviously if you are within six feet of others in public, you should be wearing a mask right now. ??‍♂️

Well that’s highly illegal to enforce. Of course the stupid politicians always put the cops in a horrible spot

Obviously if you are within six feet of others in public, you should be wearing a mask right now. ??‍♂️
That’s funny bc I saw a lot of pics on social media during Juneteenth and people were not wearing mask. Didn’t see one person say a thing. Meanwhile, last month a mob ran a woman out of grocery store for not wearing a mask and they were applauded.

I just got back from a grad party at a hall today. About 60 people, not 1 mask be worn, and no social distancing.

That’s funny bc I saw a lot of pics on social media during Juneteenth and people were not wearing mask. Didn’t see one person say a thing. Meanwhile, last month a mob ran a woman out of grocery store for not wearing a mask and they were applauded.
Okay. Lol. Thanks for keeping score. I’m sure it’s accurate.

Tic Toc, the teenagers punked the Turd! Less than 7,000 at the Turds racists rally. That's funny! Thanks to the granny that got all these teenagers to punk this human piece of excrement. LOL!!!

Tic Toc, the teenagers punked the Turd! Less than 7,000 at the Turds racists rally. That's funny! Thanks to the granny that got all these teenagers to punk this human piece of excrement. LOL!!!
They had unlimited tickets and it was first come first serve, they likely only inflated the expectations and led to the cancellation of the activities outside. Let’s face it, the event just kinda flopped.

Okay. Lol. Thanks for keeping score. I’m sure it’s accurate.
Someone has to. One week it’s totally fine to be packed in by the thousands, the next week we need to go back to SD? BTW, those massive protests were 2 weeks ago and there’s no reports of massive nationwide increases, so we must be ok

Someone has to. One week it’s totally fine to be packed in by the thousands, the next week we need to go back to SD? BTW, those massive protests were 2 weeks ago and there’s no reports of massive nationwide increases, so we must be ok
It’s not fine. It’s been consistently pointed out as well. ??‍♂️

Actually there have been reports of covid case increases across the country. So much so that trump wants states to do less testing. ??‍♂️

It’s not fine. It’s been consistently pointed out as well. ??‍♂️

Actually there have been reports of covid case increases across the country. So much so that trump wants states to do less testing. ??‍♂️
Did we a spike relative to the amount of people out protesting? I don’t think so. Plus, with increased testing there’s more asymptomatic cases being caught. Hospitals still aren’t overwhelmed and the death rate is still falling

Did we a spike relative to the amount of people out protesting? I don’t think so. Plus, with increased testing there’s more asymptomatic cases being caught. Hospitals still aren’t overwhelmed and the death rate is still falling
Lol, you asked if there was a spike, there has been. It’s been disproportionately impacting African Americans which makes sense given the issue being protested. Testing is part of it, but in most places the increase is exceeding the increase in testing. Let’s just be honest here.

But again, let’s just cancel everything that’s not a BLM protest. BLM protests are the only sanctioned activity for the masses to engage in