What Movies Did You Watch in April 2020?

That came out while I was in college in Indiana. Even the Purdue types liked it, though they prefer their Little 500.

Earle Haley is not the one I would have picked to go on to the career he had.
From Kelly Leak to DUKES!

Deliverance (1972) - Jon Voight, Burt Reynolds, Ned Beatty, Ronny Cox Second viewing so I knew what to expect. It was so easy to root for the bow and arrow. Don't believe I saw the beginning the first time around. Adds a bit of perspective to the movie. 7/8

Casablanca (1942) - Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Paul Henreid, Claude Rains, Ingrid Bergman Don't remember seeing the beginning of this one the first time around either. :unsure: We'll always have Paris. 7/8
One of the coolest lines ever: "Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world"

Pooka Lives! (2020)

Horror: YES... More Pooka!!!!! This is the 2nd installment with no connection to the first other than Pooka!!!!! .... As a joke an online challenge video is made to evoke Pooka but it actually works and Pooka appears to kill all of those who participates. Great fun film.... 6.0/8

Trick (2019)

Horror: A brutal serial killer thought to be killed returns every Halloween to continue the massacres. Started out pretty good but did not care for the reveal..... 4.0/8

Extraction- 4/8. Extremely formulaic, it’s ok if you’re looking to pass time, but not worth going out of your way to watch

Pure (2019)

Horror: Teenage girls, purity church camp, something not right... oh yeah, because all guys are dogs which seems to be the theme of Hulu originals.... anyhow these girls who are pissed or something somehow stir up a purity entity. It actually wasn't that bad or I have become numb to this theme..... 4.0/8

Pilgrim (2019)

Horror: Well, it must be Thanksgiving as this year a woman decides to do something different for her family..... a first Thanksgiving dinner with re-enactors. Now these guys take their jobs seriously as they never get out of character and when the family acts out they must be punished.... in old fashion ways.... 5.0/8

Nasty Piece of Work (2019)

Horror: Fast forward to Christmas and at a firms X-mas party it is learned that no bonuses this year but one employee will get a promotion of a life time but the 2 candidates must go to the bosses house with their wives and be tested for the job. This one goes off the walls and is one of the better of the series.... 5.5/8

“Hud” from 1963 with Paul Newman
“Molly’s Game” this one was very interesting and watchable
“Pale Rider” 1985 Clint Eastwood
“Caddyshack” 1980 Chevy Chase/ Rodney Dangerfield/ Bill Murray

Steve Jobs (2015)- movie about Steve Jobs of Apple. Follows him through three major events/periods of his life. An odd thing in the movie is that his assistant, played by Kate Winslett, picks up an eastern European accent as the movie progresses, almost like she forgot to do it in early filming. Decent movie overall. 5.5/8.

Bad Boys For Life (2020) 5.5/8 Saw this when it first came out. Liked it the second time. A little more "fast and the furious" than the first two, but still good. Thought it was the funniest of the three.

The Gentleman (2020) 6/8 Guy Ritchie movie with a star-studded cast. A big time weed dealer looks to sell his business while a newspaper reporter looks to blackmail him or release his story. Very entertaining and well done. Look forward to seeing it again.

I had a rerun weekend focused on WWI. First I watched Sergeant York (1941) which is just a great film with a great performance by Gary Cooper supported by great supporting performances by Walter Brennan and Margaret Wycherly, among others.

7/8

I then rewatched the documentary, They Will Not Grow Old. This was a technical and historical masterpiece.

8/8

Five Came Back - A must see for anyone who is a fan of films and film making. Five of the great film makers, Frank Capra, John Ford, William Wyler, John Huston and George Stevens leave their comfortable Hollywood lives, at what one might assume to have been the height of their careers, to join the US military during WWII. In doing so they put their lives at risk to support the troops and the nation as a whole and manage to create great art at the same time. All of them produced great documentaries, a couple of them produced great fiction that went on to be shown to the general public to great acclaim, all were involved in producing newsreels that brought the war to the folks at home and one recorded critical evidence to be used at the Nuremburg trials. Each of them were profoundly affected by the war and that is evident in their post war films.

In three parts on Netflix now, as well as a number of their wartime films, including John Ford's The Battle of Midway (1942), Frank Capra's Why We Fight series (1942-1945), William Wyler's The Memphis Belle (1944), John Huston's Battle of San Pietro (1945) and George Steven's Nazi concentration camp footage.

7/8

Unacknowledged. 7/8

Documentary.

I am not normally drawn to Documentaries, but this one deals with UFO's and how the secrecy of their existence has been handled by ?"s. l will leave it as a question mark so I don't ruin the documentary;. Supprinsly, I was most interested in the manner in which secrecy has been perpetuated through the control/influence of certain elements of society. This was produced in 2017. The parallels that can be drawn between was is going on today and what the movie covers is rather remarkable. I highly recommend it. For me, about a 1/4 - 1/3 of the way into the documentary is when it got particularly interesting.

Just finished watching it. That damn movie makes you feel uncomfortable for every damn second of it.
I knew that going in, maybe that’s why it didn’t have as big of an effect on me, but Julia Fox (his mistress) is a piece of a**