What Movies Did You Watch in April 2020?

vamp2syd

As a horror movie junkie, I come across a lot of off beat Horror movies as well as the run in the mill straight to video. I will share my thoughts of the ones that I see this month. So, if you seen a movie new or old and want to share your thoughts go ahead, and if its horror, even better!!!!

I will edit in my horror views here with my rating scale on how I liked it.....

8 = Donnie Darko
7 = Excellent !!!!!
6 = Great
5 = pretty Good
4 = OK/Good
3 = not good
2 = Bad
1 = Unwatchable

==========================================

#4082 Down (US-2019) ... 4.5/8

#4083 Annihilation (UK-2018) ... 5.0/8

#4084 Crawl (US-2019) ... 5.5/8

#4085 The Lodgers (Ireland-2017) ... 3.5/8

#4086 Treehouse (US-2019) ... 3.0/8

#4087 Trespassers (US-2018) ... 2.0/8

#4088 The Man Who Could Cheat Death (UK-1959) ... 5.0/8

#4089 I'm Just F******g With You (US-2019) ... 5.5/8

#4090 All That We Destroy (US-2019) ... 5.0/8

#4091 Mom and Dad (US-2017) ... 6.0/8

#4092 They Come Knocking (US-2019) ... 2.5/8

#4093 Feral (US-2017) ... 2.0/8

#4094 Lady in a Cage (US-1964) ... 4.0/8

#4095 Culture Shock (US-2019) ... 1.5/8

#4096 Monster House (US-2006) ... 4.0/8

#4097 The School (Australia-2018) ... 3.0/8

#4098 The Monster (Canada-2016) ... 5.0/8

#4099 School Spirit (US-2019) ... 3.5/8

#4100 Body at Brighton Rock (US-2019) ... 2.5/8

#4101 Silent Tongue (France-1993) ... 3.0/8

#4102 Big Bad Wolf (US-2013) ... aka "Huff" ... 2.5/8

#4103 Pooka Lives! (US-2020) ... 6.0/8

#4104 Trick (US-2019) ... 4.0/8

#4105 Pure (US-2019) ... 4.0/8

#4106 Pilgrim (US-2019) ... 5.0/8

#4107 Nasty Piece of Work (US-2019) ... 5.5/8

Last edited:

Down (2019)

Horror: The 2 last people in a high rise get trapped in an elevator for the extended weekend and must find ways to survive each other... 4.5/8

Annihilation (UK-2018)

Horror: A biologist is invited to investigate a strange shimmer that occurred over an area that effects one's DNA. Interesting concept and I should of enjoyed it more but it just puzzles me why they did not drive into the shimmer nor why they did not wear hazmat suits???? ... 5.0/8

Shaft (2019)
Watching now. So far I am laughing my butt off. It's wort the watch.
(Love the Rick James Song)

Last edited:
Crawl (2019)

Horror: Florida (actually shot in Serbia) and we have a CAT 5 and heading right into it is a worried college girl fearing something has happened to her father. OK, we have some gators that get involved as well. I am a huge fan of creature films and this one was a pretty good one even though it would be extremely rare for gators to attack people like they did in this movie but that is what makes this movie not boring but the thing that bugged me the most was the helicopters flying around.... hello, its a CAT 5 Hurricane..... anyhow..... 5.5/8

The Lodgers (Ireland 2017)

Horror: OK, well.... it took not 1, not 2, but 3 attempts to get through this movie as it kept putting me to sleep. Twin siblings that live by themselves in a big mansion have now come of age for something, that something we do not know but it can't be good.... Atmospheric film that just does not delivers.... 3.5/8

Roguen One.
8/8.

I think that any times this movie is shown they need to at least show the first 10 minutes of A New Hope afterwards.......

Untamed Youth (1957) - Sort of a women in chains crossed with a rock n roll youth exploitation film. It starred a very hot Marie Van Doren. Not bad.

4/8

Saw there was going to be a baseball movie on that I had never seen, or even heard of before, so i sat down to watch Pitch Perfect, for about three minutes before I checked the info button to see what it was about....

Saw there was going to be a baseball movie on that I had never seen, or even heard of before, so i sat down to watch Pitch Perfect, for about three minutes before I checked the info button to see what it was about....
I am so sorry for you.

Treehouse (2019)

Horror: A Chef taking it easy on a vacation invites some girls over so he can test a new recipe.... well, this one goes bad. This movie would not have been so bad but they went over board on this pro women crap that destroyed what could of been a decent film.... 3.0/8

Trespassers (2018)

Horror: Unlikable friends get invaded by a stranger and later attacked. More of the same crap.... why is every male in this movie a total and it is up to the woman to save the day.... 2.0/8

After 9 hrs of working in the yard, looks like it is 10 commandments for the rest of the night.

8\8 every year. Remember it used to be on Easter Sunday, then moved to Saturday because desperate housewives was their cash cow on sun nights. No sure when it moved to a week before Easter ....

So let it be written.....

The Report (2019)- movie about the Senate investigation into CIA enhanced interrogation techniques after 9/11. Adam Driver plays the main investigator, Daniel Jones. Very good movie. 6/8.

Winchester 73 ((1950) - I think that this may be my favorite western. Great story, great performances.

7/8

Richard Jewell
- Very good telling of the Olympic bomber story. Some people have commented on here that they make Jewell appear slow. I find that the depiction was of a very intelligent but awkward individual who just never fit in. We all know people like that. He was just hobbled by an unhealthy relationship with his mother and an unrealistically positive view of law enforcement figures.

Truly a low point in the mainstream media, only recently surpassed in sleaziness by their hatchet job on the Trump administration.

6/8

Blood Father (2016) 5/8 Mel Gibson plays a recovering alcoholic, ex-con, searching for his missing daughter. She turns up after some trouble with her drug dealer boyfriend and Gibson takes on the task of protecting her from the other bad guys. Kind of a retread story, but not a bad movie. Gibson is really good, kind of gave that Lethal Weapon/Riggs feel to his character.

The Runaways (2010) 2/8 Music biopic about the all-girl rock band The Runaways starring Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett and Dakota Fanning as Cherie Currie. Pretty slow and truthfully I had never heard of The Runaways before watching the movie. Apperently they were really popular in Japan, but not as much in the U.S. Movie wasn't great, slow and not really much to the story.

Outbreak (1995) 4/8 A really good cast, decent story. Dustin Hoffman and Morgan Freeman play soldiers in a disease control unit, when a new disease breaks out in Africa and is brought to America by a monkey. I thought it was a little slow and far fetched.

The Hangover (2009) 8/8 Classic comedy about a group of buddies who go to Vegas for a bachelor party and things go haywire when they wake up in the morning and can't remember anything.

The Shawshank Redemption (1994) 8/8 Another classic movie. One of my favorites of all time. Great Stephen King story.

The Runaways (2010) 2/8 Music biopic about the all-girl rock band The Runaways starring Kristen Stewart as Joan Jett and Dakota Fanning as Cherie Currie. Pretty slow and truthfully I had never heard of The Runaways before watching the movie. Apperently they were really popular in Japan, but not as much in the U.S. Movie wasn't great, slow and not really much to the story.
I am a big Joan Jett/Blackhearts fan having seen them live three times. I thought the film was very well done. I had followed the Runaways after I had heard their single Cherry Bomb. Too bad they couldn't keep it together.

Good Boys - Funny movie with really likable kids. How can kids be so naive and so foul mouthed at the same time? The friendship dynamic reminded me of Breaking Away (1979), Stand by Me (1986) and American Graffiti (1973), all great coming of age movies. "Everyone knows you make your best friends in kindergarten" great line. How do early childhood friends survive puberty? I am fortunate to still have friends from early elementary school that I see on a regular basis. What a blessing!

6/8

Last edited: