You get sick and GOP senators get rich

Happygoluckky

Loeffler and Burr both told the public nothing big is coming after security briefs while selling their stock portfolios and in Loefflers case buying work from home software stock. I would guess Financial Advisor Eric Trump and the family all did the same, but they do not disclose this information as they are above the law.

Loeffler and Burr both told the public nothing big is coming after security briefs while selling their stock portfolios and in Loefflers case buying work from home software stock. I would guess Financial Advisor Eric Trump and the family all did the same, but they do not disclose this information as they are above the law.

Please add Feinstein to the list or you come across as a lying partisan hack.

Oh and for the record, Burr is a big time ANTI-TRUMP republican. You know one of those principled conservatives that just couldn't stand Trump. This shows us exactly what kind of principals he has.

Yeah, China locked down 100 million people in Jan, no one could have seen this coming. LOL!! Happy, you are so clueless.

Not at all reflected of what he communicated to his constituents: “the United States today is better prepared than ever before to face emerging public health threats, like the coronavirus.” He wrote, “No matter the outbreak or threat, Congress and the federal government have been vigilant in identifying gaps in its readiness efforts and improving its response capabilities.”

In his defense he did warn his elite donors in a private meeting that leaked out.

BURR EThpfsXXgAAyGxl.png

Please add Feinstein to the list or you come across as a lying partisan hack.

Oh and for the record, Burr is a big time ANTI-TRUMP republican. You know one of those principled conservatives that just couldn't stand Trump. This shows us exactly what kind of principals he has.

Feinstein's are in a blind trust. Notice how Fox News leads with the Democrat in the story,,

Still hate them less than the guy who ate a bat that started this

Weasel words so you can justify the moronic narrative that Dems good, Repubs bad. Those still spewing partisan crap at this moment are garbage humans.
Did trump ever criticize the government? A presidents response to a financial crisis? bailout? disease outbreak? birth certificate? What Burr and Loeffler did is worse. They got a high level briefing and acted on it by telling donors the truth and liquidating their portfolio's. They then went out with a different public narrative that it was no big deal. Keep your stocks...the virus will not impact your health or financial well-being. Burr sold his whole portfolio (not a normal behavior) and Loeffler (who is married to a guy that runs the NYSE) bought WFH software the same day she dumped accounts. The point is they knew the impact this would have on the country and acted in their own personal interest to profit from it.

You don't care about corruption and wrong doing if it is trump or republicans. (BTW- if Dems did it as well hold them accountable.)

Did trump ever criticize the government?
Yes. Hundreds of times on Twitter. From Governors to Attorney Generals.

You don't care about corruption and wrong doing if it is trump or republicans. (BTW- if Dems did it as well hold them accountable.)
The point you're overlooking, the entire stock market is corrupt. Sides don't matter. Mass sell-offs because you recognize what's happening overseas shouldn't be a surprise.
This is what happens when the richest 10% own 85% of the stock market.

Last edited:

Your first sentence is incorrect. I do care. Anyone who dares say something bad about someone in one party is not automatically for the other, and haters of both exist in far larger numbers that one would thing from these kinds of "debates". I agree with you second sentence, which is better than your prior post that assumes that what the idiot from Cali did was someone "not as bad".

Would be interesting if we started prosecuting everyone who dumped stock in February.

Yikes!

No, just the ones who told their constituents one thing and donors another. Pretty suspicious to dump stocks while telling public virus was overblown and everything fine. If Feinstein or any Dem did that then yes, certainly they should be investigated also.

No issues with selling (or buying) while warning others or being truthful of facts.

Did you forget Feinstein? Btw don’t most Senators have their holdings in a blind trust? Maybe whomever is directing that trust saw this coming, Smart guy/gal. I would think a lot of people did the same.

No So Fast !!
.. when elected in 1992 she claimed all Assets were in a Blind Trust, Selling before a Pandemic ? No So Blind

Sal Abdulla, works at U.S. House of Representatives
Answered Aug 26 2015

The short answer is, no.

Elected officials are not required to hold their assets in so called "blind trusts", but most serious Presidential candidates will do so in order to avoid even the appearance of impropriety or conflicts of interests. On the Congressional level, very few Members of Congress have blind trusts (possibly around 20 members in total from both the House and Senate). The term itself is a bit of a farce, as trusts are not entirely "blind" to their trustor. Also, the mechanisms of a blind trust are extremely complex and may only be suitable for candidates/incumbents who are extremely wealthy and have complex holdings. For less wealthy politicians, the same goals of a blind trust may be attained by simply holding their assets as a basket of non-actively managed investments, such as mutual funds or stock indexes.

None of these guys represent me so I don't care.

I'm not sure I would care if they did represent me.

The fact that Happy thinks this is an atrocity makes it likely this is irrelevant.

No, just the ones who told their constituents one thing and donors another. Pretty suspicious to dump stocks while telling public virus was overblown and everything fine. If Feinstein or any Dem did that then yes, certainly they should be investigated also.

No issues with selling (or buying) while warning others or being truthful of facts.
Would be awesome if we charged a politician every time they lied, except AG Barr would only let off the Republicans.

Last edited:
Weasel words so you can justify the moronic narrative that Dems good, Repubs bad. Those still spewing partisan crap at this moment are garbage humans.
While I agree that a lot of the overt partisanship is counterproductive, in THIS particular case it was republicans an masse downplaying this virus since January until very recently and accusing Dems and the media of overblowing it . So when Republicans are on record of ignoring it and saying it's just a media hoax designed to hurt the President , then they get a memo that talks about the possible seriousness of it , THEN THEY dump the stock or buy certain stocks and CONTINUE to poo poo the virus? You see what I'm getting at here? This wasn't a both sides had the same stance and did the same things dynamic .

Not as bad but still a problem. She sold a cancer drug company and did not publicly state facts to the contrary...but investigate her as well. (Happy to see her go) Loeffler is the worst offender
LMAO not as bad hey:

Feinstein, who serves as ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and her husband sold between $1.5 million and $6 million in stock in California biotech company Allogene Therapeutics, between Jan. 31 and Feb. 18, The New York Times reported.

So Burr sells $1.7million and Feinstein sold up to $6Million but Fienstien's "Not as bad" You are such a partisan hack! ???

Last edited:

Feinstein's are in a blind trust. Notice how Fox News leads with the Democrat in the story,,
Loeffler's was in a blind trust as well, I don't know about Burr. Bottomline is Happy only focused on Republicans that did it while ignoring Feinstein So don'thand me the Fox biased unless you mention the Left Wing source bias as well.

While I agree that a lot of the overt partisanship is counterproductive, in THIS particular case it was republicans an masse downplaying this virus since January until very recently and accusing Dems and the media of overblowing it .

Accepting that this is black and white, it's also clear that the other side is putting a potential political gain ahead of people dying. As I recall, the Democrats put this kind of nonsense aside after 9/11 in spite of their dislike for the President. Those who amount to anything should do so in spite of their hatred of this one.