NW Big School Conference (Possible) Changes

It wouldn't be conventional, but I think that Clay, Whitmer, Lima, Fremont, and Findlay would rather just play in a 5 team league than continue in the TRAC. It sucks that the NLL seems content with what they have (which I don't blame them for).

In a perfect world (geographically), Lima could join the WBL; Clay, Whitmer, and Findlay could join the NLL; Fremont could join the SBC.

If you look at Lima throughout the past 30 years, it's just a constant shifting of talent from one Lima school (including Elida) to the next. Whichever school has the new successful coach or the recent track record of success is the one that gets the athletes from all over the city. LIke it or not that's just the way it is in Lima.

Bingo. And that goes for LCC too. Bath, Shawnee, Elida, LCC, and Sr. have all had their periods with a high number of transfers and success since the mid to late 90s at least. Seems like its 2, maybe 3 good in each sport, and the rest are doing real well if they make a run at .500.

I always thought Maumee would be crazy to leave the stability and short travel of the NLL, but after looking at their fall/winter results they may be crazy to stay in the NLL.

Boys CC 7th out of 8
Boys Golf 0-7 8th out of 8
Boys Soccer 0-7 8th out of 8
Football 1-6 7th out of 8
Girls CC 8th out of 8
Girls Golf No Team
Girls Soccer 0-7 7th out of 8, but didn't win a game in league 0-7 (Springfield didn't play a full schedule)
Girls Tennis 0-7 8th out of 8
Volleyball 7-7 5th out of 8 Won the district in D2

Winter

Boys Basketball 1-8 Tied for 7th out of 8
Girls Basketball 1-11 8th out of 8

Take away the 7 wins by the volleyball team and they have 3 league wins in the other 10 sports combined.

I always thought Maumee would be crazy to leave the stability and short travel of the NLL, but after looking at their fall/winter results they may be crazy to stay in the NLL.

Boys CC 7th out of 8
Boys Golf 0-7 8th out of 8
Boys Soccer 0-7 8th out of 8
Football 1-6 7th out of 8
Girls CC 8th out of 8
Girls Golf No Team
Girls Soccer 0-7 7th out of 8, but didn't win a game in league 0-7 (Springfield didn't play a full schedule)
Girls Tennis 0-7 8th out of 8
Volleyball 7-7 5th out of 8 Won the district in D2

Winter

Boys Basketball 1-8 Tied for 7th out of 8
Girls Basketball 1-11 8th out of 8

Take away the 7 wins by the volleyball team and they have 3 league wins in the other 10 sports combined.
You can add B&G swimming the other 7 have teams they do not.

If you look at Lima throughout the past 30 years, it's just a constant shifting of talent from one Lima school (including Elida) to the next. Whichever school has the new successful coach or the recent track record of success is the one that gets the athletes from all over the city. LIke it or not that's just the way it is in Lima.
Lima Senior and LCC have been the consistent recruiters. That is why no one in area will let them in their league. Elida and others have lost way more players to LSH and LCC than they have ever gained.

Bingo. And that goes for LCC too. Bath, Shawnee, Elida, LCC, and Sr. have all had their periods with a high number of transfers and success since the mid to late 90s at least. Seems like its 2, maybe 3 good in each sport, and the rest are doing real well if they make a run at .500.
Proportionately much more to LCC and Lima Senior than the others you mentioned. I think your baseball team had a Toledo area kid move down if you want to be completely transparent. LOL. LCC and LIMA SENIOR fight to see who they can poach from each other and surrounding schools. Right now Quincy's AAU machine is winning.

Proportionately much more to LCC and Lima Senior than the others you mentioned. I think your baseball team had a Toledo area kid move down if you want to be completely transparent. LOL. LCC and LIMA SENIOR fight to see who they can poach from each other and surrounding schools. Right now Quincy's AAU machine is winning.

I don't remember Toledo area, but we did have Kidston come down from North Central to play basketball and baseball.

Not even saying any of it is wrong. Just that I can remember in the last 20 years times that every school has had good and bad cycles in most sports. LCC was terrible in football pre NWC days. Nothing overly special in basketball right now. Senior is usually great at bball, but has the occasional down period. The other three do seem to never have 2 good at the same time.

But frankly, watching guys like Zavier Simpson on TV and hearing Lima Senior getting ESPN shoutouts, and then LCC having the quality, private education, I blame no one for making those moves. Gotta do what you feel is best for your future.

I think Napoleon moving to the NWOAL only causes issues in that conference eventually. Those small schools would start moaning. Hard to believe they aren't already with Wauseon. Or are they?
Sometimes. The biggest discrepancy is often at the junior high level when some of the smaller schools are struggling to field a competitive team due to low numbers and Wauseon/Bryan show up with a full team and sometimes had tryouts/cuts to get to that number.
If Patrick Henry continues to lose or maintain their enrollment I wouldn't fault them for pursuing the GMC opening or BVC.
Bryan 247
Wauseon 226
Swanton 173
Evergreen 154
Archbold 146
Delta 135
Liberty Center 135
Patrick Henry 97