Midwest Athletic Conference 2020

They haven't been to state since 2012. I just looked it up. They won 4 in a row from 2009 to 2012. They reached semi state in 14 and 18 but not state. Their history is storied, but since that 18 semi state run, they haven't looked quite the same. Not sure what their pipeline is at the moment or what has been happening. They lost to a solid Eastside team this year who AC was fortunate to beat by a score at their place. AC and even SA are no where near the upper MAC level.
Yeah. My bad. Semi State. They hold the state record for most trips to state with 15. They are the most dominant small school football program in the state of Indiana. Whether it would be a good home and home at this point is probably not great timing. But would be a really good future prospect. I don't necessarily know they would schedule a MAC school, considering they typically schedule bigger schools, but its an intriguing prospect if a MAC school were struggling to find an opponent.

Yeah. My bad. Semi State. They hold the state record for most trips to state with 15. They are the most dominant small school football program in the state of Indiana. Whether it would be a good home and home at this point is probably not great timing. But would be a really good future prospect. I don't necessarily know they would schedule a MAC school, considering they typically schedule bigger schools, but its an intriguing prospect if a MAC school were struggling to find an opponent.

Their schedule will not allow it unless the conference changes its mind. They are in a 10 team conference and play 9 regular season games and do not have to worry about qualifying with our all in format. So unless the SAC decides that not everyone has to play one another, they will not have any out of conference games.

Paulding isn't leaving.
Yes they are. As soon as Holgate leaves for the 8 man football league, Paulding will be joining the GMC. It's obvious for travel and rivalry reasons.

If they leave I think Del. St. John should look into the NWC or Patrick Henry due to their falling enrollments. The NWC will stay away from LCC for obvious reasons.

Yes they are. As soon as Holgate leaves for the 8 man football league, Paulding will be joining the GMC. It's obvious for travel and rivalry reasons.

If they leave I think Del. St. John should look into the NWC or Patrick Henry due to their falling enrollments. The NWC will stay away from LCC for obvious reasons.
If Patrick Henry goes anywhere, itll be to the BVC.

I would much rather have Parkway go to the NWC. St. Johns may be up in a few years again, who knows. Parkway is the biggest outlier in the conference in my opinion. They actually fit pretty well in the NWC. This makes room for a certain soon-to-be independent team that has been waiting for an invitation.

UPDATE: now that I look, St. Johns is more out there than Parkway to be honest. maybe they should be in the NWC, but still probably too much history for them to leave. if it were me, Paulding to the GMC, St. Johns and Parkway to the NWC, and Spencerville and Fort Loramie to the MAC.

Last edited:
I would much rather have Parkway go to the NWC. St. Johns may be up in a few years again, who knows. Parkway is the biggest outlier in the conference in my opinion. They actually fit pretty well in the NWC. This makes room for a certain soon-to-be independent team that has been waiting for an invitation.

UPDATE: now that I look, St. Johns is more out there than Parkway to be honest. maybe they should be in the NWC, but still probably too much history for them to leave. if it were me, Paulding to the GMC, St. Johns and Parkway to the NWC, and Spencerville and Fort Loramie to the MAC.
1. What do you mean by "too much history,"
2. Spencerville to the MAC, surely you jest.

Spencerville makes as much sense as Lima CC joining the GCL North. Not happening.

Unless their are cancellations it looks like slim pickings for Marion Local in week 2 for 2020. Only teams I see possibly scheduling the Flyers are Marion Franklin, Clinton Massie or London.

Unless their are cancellations it looks like slim pickings for Marion Local in week 2 for 2020. Only teams I see possibly scheduling the Flyers are Marion Franklin, Clinton Massie or London.
London would not do this, and they have a week 2 game i believe (Licking Valley). i doubt Marion Franklin. they might as well play Massie.

I did see a week 2 opening in 2021 that would work for a 1 year deal for Coldwater. We would want an away game because that is where it'd be in the rotation for 5 home games and 5 away games and this team is open according to Arbiter and looking for a home game in 2021 in week 2. That team is Fort Loramie. Only negative to that game is that they are division 7 but it is an option if we can't find anyone else by then. Obviously we'd prefer to play a bigger school. With a 1 year gap in between contracts, we really won't have much to choose from.

I don't know Spencerville all that well, but outside of football can they compete with MAC programs especially in girls sports? I totally can see Ft Loramie but they have a good gig with the Shelby county for everything but football, and their departure from that league would really hurt many schools.

I don't know Spencerville all that well, but outside of football can they compete with MAC programs especially in girls sports? I totally can see Ft Loramie but they have a good gig with the Shelby county for everything but football, and their departure from that league would really hurt many schools.
Loramie will still play the SCAL in all other sports, the remaining SCAL schools could go to the WOAC

Probably not. The girls had fielded some good XC and track teams. State runner up in XC to minster around 2010. They have added soccer and the XC program has been down.

Spencerville would compete in basketball, soccer, and track very well on the girls side. That said, I guess it makes for good talking points, but everyone thinks the NWC is running for the hills and the MAC will be giving members to the NWC for some reason.

From what I hear, Paulding is staying put, but many think they will go to the GMC with the likes of Wayne Trace, Fairview, etc. Makes sense travel wise, but they are a very long standing member in the NWC. In my opinion, Parkway and DSJ would have to be voted out of the MAC. And Spencerville wouldn't go anywhere. They are a hardened member of the NWC and they have next to no reason to leave.

While football and volleyball are superior in the MAC, I could make the argument that basketball, soccer, and softball are superior in the NWC. Track, XC (outside of Minster...but see Lincolnview) and baseball are probably on similar levels between conferences. Thus, it would just depend on who is looking for what.

^^^ NWC basketball is not superior, either on the girls or the boys side.
Arguable. Minster and Versailles (especially) have carried the MAC on the girls side. Not sure they are better top to bottom but state appearances mean alot. DSJ, Versailles, ML, and St Henry have all had good runs here and there on the boys side.

On both sides of the NWC, there has been runs by Crestview and Lincolnview (at least 10 state appearances since the late 90s combined girls and boys). Grove on the boys side (my pick to be in state out of our region this year) and Spencerville/Jefferson on the girls side have had good teams of late. It would be fun to have a Christmas shootout every year since the conferences/travel are close.

Another sport to consider while its being spoken of.....Wrestling. Gaining ground to nearly every NWC school. Not sure how many MAC schools have it.

Arguable. Minster and Versailles (especially) have carried the MAC on the girls side. Not sure they are better top to bottom but state appearances mean alot. DSJ, Versailles, ML, and St Henry have all had good runs here and there on the boys side.

On both sides of the NWC, there has been runs by Crestview and Lincolnview (at least 10 state appearances since the late 90s combined girls and boys). Grove on the boys side (my pick to be in state out of our region this year) and Spencerville/Jefferson on the girls side have had good teams of late. It would be fun to have a Christmas shootout every year since the conferences/travel are close.

Another sport to consider while its being spoken of.....Wrestling. Gaining ground to nearly every NWC school. Not sure how many MAC schools have it.

Only 3 or 4 have wrestling if I'm not mistaken. I only know Versailles and Coldwater have it for sure.

Wrestling in the MAC: Delphos SJ, Coldwater, Versailles and Parkway. DSJ has had wrestling since 1969 and Parkway just started wrestling 4-5 years ago. Several other MAC schools are more than big enough to have wrestling but for some reason don't.