State Championship Updates (Anna vs Springfield Local)

Because trying to take credit for Anna's success because you play in the conference as them just makes you look like a douche.
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not... I'm 100% sure Anna fans would be included in that chant too.

Because trying to take credit for Anna's success because you play in the conference as them just makes you look like a douche.
If you say so.......

MAC teams are very proud of one another. Just like when a family member does something great the rest of the fam enjoys it.

The MAC competition may be fierce all season long but for the OOC and then in the playoffs we all come together as one entity and really pull for our conference.

I understand many places it isn't that way and don't quite understand.

The fact of the matter is that so many of the schools, 8 of the 10 who play football (with 6 having MULTIPLE titles) that the petty jealousies just aren't there.

Call it douchie if you want, we don't care.

When you are in the MAC, you are family, and in most families you are PROUD when the other succeeds.

I think it all started back in the early 2000's. MSML won the title in the AM, and the team showed up at the CW game later that evening to watch and got a standing ovation from the folks from Buzzard's Glory!

Anna is closer to Cincinnati than Toledo (by a few miles...) And they are part of the southwest district of OHSAA.
When talking about MAC schools almost everybody will say West Central OH or NW Ohio. I've lived in this area for awhile. Just my 2 cents. I don't consider most MAC teams SW Ohio personally.

The midpoint between Cincinnati and Toledo is just a little north of Wapakoneta. Anna is south of Wapak...thus SWO.

Anna is in Shelby County, a member in good standing of the SWCOH. (South West Counties of Ohio). They are also just south of the Continental divide. This is a great day in south west Ohio and no one is going to rob us of our celebration, we worked to hard for this one just to give it up for some geographical claim.

If you say so.......

MAC teams are very proud of one another. Just like when a family member does something great the rest of the fam enjoys it.

The MAC competition may be fierce all season long but for the OOC and then in the playoffs we all come together as one entity and really pull for our conference.

The fact of the matter is that so many of the schools, 8 of the 10 who play football (with 6 having MULTIPLE titles) that the petty jealousies just aren't there.

When you are in the MAC, you are family, and in most families you are PROUD when the other succeeds.

I think it all started back in the early 2000's. MSML won the title in the AM, and the team showed up at the CW game later that evening to watch and got a standing ovation from the folks from Buzzard's Glory!
[
/QUOTE]

Saw the same thing in 2005. Lot of orange and black (Coldwater) showed up to Tiger Stadium to support DSJ against SCC once their game with Mooney concluded.

If you say so.......

MAC!! MAC!!! M A C !!!!!

SWO 2
NEO 0
Not quite technically at least- Anna repped NW Ohio at least in the tournament brackets - and is truely smack in the middle of the state in an area most locals consider West CENTRAL Ohio. BUT if that floats your boat ....go for it. Driving distance from Anna to Michigan state line is 110 miles. Anna to Kentucky state line is 121 miles - according to google anyway!!
Regardless congratulations to the Rockets on their breakthrough championship!

Last edited:
And they are part of the southwest district of OHSAA.
OHSAA was founded in 1907. Which is nearly 1900 years after the Catholic Church. I'm not listening to the opinion of some johnny come lately. SWO is Cincinnati Diocese. Plainly visible on the map:

OHSAA was founded in 1907. Which is nearly 1900 years after the Catholic Church. I'm not listening to the opinion of some johnny come lately. SWO is Cincinnati Diocese. Plainly visible on the map:
View attachment 5092
LOL - well then how did WE get to go to the servers picnic @ Maria Stein - if I go by that - growing up in Ottawa??? Just asking Mr jurisprudence!!! LOL
!Clearly we were in the Toledo Dioceses... I know it was the late 60's but???

LOL - well then how did WE get to go to the servers picnic @ Maria Stein - if I go by that - growing up in Ottawa???
Probably a German sounding name and a look like your fifth great grandfather was a ditch digger on the Miami & Erie. Don't ask Father Schnipke though. He's a missionary and his province is everything east of the Mississippi, lol.

Possibly the wrong demographic keeping some places from wanting him......?
No, Huelskamp is your typical top notch MAC rb. Undersized quick and tough just like Will Homan ( FR ), Goettemoller ( ML ) among others. College coaches are looking for potential, guys they can coach up. MAC running backs like Huelskamp have ( low ceilings ) compared to someone who has great speed. Its not what you did at the H.S. school level but what you are projected to be able to do at the college level. I think Homan did go to college.

LOL - well then how did WE get to go to the servers picnic @ Maria Stein ...
Was the servers picnic actually held in Maria Stein?

I first went to this event in 1975 or 1976 and it was then held on the grounds of the St. Charles Seminary in Carthagena, Ohio along U.S. Route 127. Close to Maria Stein, but definitely not IN the town of Maria Stein.