Pac 2019

Good season in the PAC-7 this year!! To bad it had to end in Week 13 for Orrville and Manchester. Hope all teams have a very productive off-season.

I’ll say CVCA since Manchester is losing their two best players and Orrville will be losing Parks from what it looks like

Since the 2019 season is now over who are the favorites to win the league next year?
cs, I know this is going to sound stupid, but with the vast improvement over the last half of the season, the Panthers could be in the hunt. Yea, I know, the 2 egos will be gone, but there is some young talent that if they keep improving could make some noise. This will depend heavily on if there is a new staff or not.

Triway and NW both bring a lot back. CVCA brings back Bevington, and you've got to expect they'll draw some new talent next year. With Parks heading to CBus, I'd say one of those 3.

What’re everyone’s thoughts on some of the teams who finished lower in the standings this year? Fairless and Tuslaw? The great Blue Cup Rivalry!

Fairless took Manchester down to the wire and beat Dalton. They also won the Blue Cup. They bring their best players back.

Tuslaw beat Manchester, should’ve beat CVCA and gave Orrville a hell of a fight. They lose some big pieces, but have a good junior and sophomore core.

Thoughts?

What’re everyone’s thoughts on some of the teams who finished lower in the standings this year? Fairless and Tuslaw? The great Blue Cup Rivalry!

Fairless took Manchester down to the wire and beat Dalton. They also won the Blue Cup. They bring their best players back.

Tuslaw beat Manchester, should’ve beat CVCA and gave Orrville a hell of a fight. They lose some big pieces, but have a good junior and sophomore core.

Thoughts?
Good question. I saw the Fairless-Dalton game (at least the 2 segments played on Friday night) & thought "boy these guys are physical!!" Then PAC season hit and they weren't. Have a couple good players, but couldn't stay healthy enough to make it count.

Tuslaw - they'll lose most of their line & FB which always hurts. Plus they lose 89% of their offense from the last 3 years. A few skill guys back, but not sure if that staff is the most equipped to utilize them or not.

Good question. I saw the Fairless-Dalton game (at least the 2 segments played on Friday night) & thought "boy these guys are physical!!" Then PAC season hit and they weren't. Have a couple good players, but couldn't stay healthy enough to make it count.

Tuslaw - they'll lose most of their line & FB which always hurts. Plus they lose 89% of their offense from the last 3 years. A few skill guys back, but not sure if that staff is the most equipped to utilize them or not.

What’s that suppose to mean? Throw some more shade on that Raylan. Pretty sure that staff did develop a gameplan to defeat the mighty Panthers of New Franklin.

What’s that suppose to mean? Throw some more shade on that Raylan. Pretty sure that staff did develop a gameplan to defeat the mighty Panthers of New Franklin.
Good point. That's actually why I wondered how France got COY for PAC. Manchester lost by 2 scores at home giving up 190 yds receiving to a WR not named Tyler Davis.
That was also the first game where they committed to adding the Lau bubble screens to Marthey up the middle. Lau ended up being an All-District WR and it took them to week 5 to realize "Hey we can score more than 21 if we consistently get this guy the ball in space." They have talent coming back, but they won't have the trump card (Marthey left, middle, & right) to call next year. They'll have to actually do some scheming.

Good point. That's actually why I wondered how France got COY for PAC. Manchester lost by 2 scores at home giving up 190 yds receiving to a WR not named Tyler Davis.
That was also the first game where they committed to adding the Lau bubble screens to Marthey up the middle. Lau ended up being an All-District WR and it took them to week 5 to realize "Hey we can score more than 21 if we consistently get this guy the ball in space." They have talent coming back, but they won't have the trump card (Marthey left, middle, & right) to call next year. They'll have to actually do some scheming.

Gulling has a solid background, I think he will have those Mustangs ready. He even deployed the old Doc Robinson 5-3 defense against the panthers when he learned it as an assistant at Louisville and Marlington in a total shocker move. Pretty sure they were a 4-4 team before that game.

Gulling has a solid background, I think he will have those Mustangs ready. He even deployed the old Doc Robinson 5-3 defense against the panthers when he learned it as an assistant at Louisville and Marlington in a total shocker move. Pretty sure they were a 4-4 team before that game.
They did have to make some kind of change after giving up nearly 50 to Dalton to start the year.

Don't know where he learned the 5-3, but pretty sure the Panthers saw a lot of that this year. Anyone who ran anything less than a 5 man front against them should have their coaching contract reviewed.

They did have to make some kind of change after giving up nearly 50 to Dalton to start the year.

Don't know where he learned the 5-3, but pretty sure the Panthers saw a lot of that this year. Anyone who ran anything less than a 5 man front against them should have their coaching contract reviewed.

I just said he learned it from Manchester’s Superintendent. LOL

Doc had that 5-3 defense on point. Miley and Farrah learned the 5-3 from him. Gulling coached under both

rg, I get France getting COY in PAC, but DV is a stretch.

rg, I get France getting COY in PAC, but DV is a stretch.
Yup. I typed the above response then read about the D5 award and just shook my head. At this point he has to retire, right? They’ve given him all the awards he can get unless they’re gonna invite him to the ESPYs in the summer

Jim France has just been named Mr. Football in the state of Ohio for 2019.
red, LOL. Even more of a stretch!
Yup. I typed the above response then read about the D5 award and just shook my head. At this point he has to retire, right? They’ve given him all the awards he can get unless they’re gonna invite him to the ESPYs in the summer
rg, After talking to some fans and parents at the game vs Kitland, the overwhelming feeling is that he should retire and take his staff with him while he is on top.

rg, After talking to some fans and parents at the game vs Kitland, the overwhelming feeling is that he should retire and take his staff with him while he is on top.
As Jerry told George "you can only get worse from here" . . .

As Jerry told George "you can only get worse from here" . . .
View attachment 5029
rg, just to build on this topic a little bit. There seems to be 2 lines of thought on who is going to replace him, if he retires. One is that there is only 1 person on the staff that would be considered. Supposedly there have been discussions with the individual. This has been rumored for over a month. Please don't ask who. The other train of thought is that they will only go outside of the current staff. This thought was circulating at the game vs Kirtland. It supposedly came from a member of the Athletic Department.

Just read on Twitter Wright committed to Cincinnati. As a dad of a college athlete, I’d be furious if my kid left Duke for Cincinnati ??‍♂️

Just read on Twitter Wright committed to Cincinnati. As a dad of a college athlete, I’d be furious if my kid left Duke for Cincinnati ??‍♂️
Football/family-wise, this is a probably a good decision.

That said, a chance to have “BS, Duke University” on your resume is a game changer for the post football life.

Wish them the best either way.

Last edited: