Division II State Championship: Massillon Washington (14-0) vs. La Salle (12-2)

Who wins?

• Massillon by 15+

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Massillon by 8-14

Votes: 50 16.9%
  • Massillon by 1-7

Votes: 80 27.0%
  • La Salle by 1-7

Votes: 78 26.4%
  • La Salle by 8-14

Votes: 46 15.5%
  • La Salle by 15+

Votes: 22 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LaSalle let's Wilson Lamp or Ballard get by them, like they did TCC #13 in the first series last week, it won't be a drop it'll be 6 points on the board. Muff a punt return like last week, Massillon will capitalize. Massillon won't try to continually attack the edges of your D rushing the ball like TCC, where your speedy D has an advantage. We're going to get a man on man, run it between the tackles and lean on you with that big oline. Those 3 or 4 yards will turn into big chunk plays in the 2nd half. Thursday night can't come quick enough

LaSalle will win another state title Thursday night "on the field", just like their other state titles.
Little known fact... This would actually be LaSalle’s fifth state title. The Lancers also “earned“ a state title in the Agence France-Presse (AFP) poll in 1963 after topping the Bishop Hartley Hawks in 1963 in a spectacular championship game at The Pit. LaSalle beat the visiting Hawks 41-0 off the long runs from AFP cent pour cent Americaine running backs Jim Kesse and Paul Arszman. In an unusual show of manhood, Hartley coach Paul Drotovick refused the running clock, ushering in a long running culture of toughness continued the following season by legendary NFHS hall of fame coach, Jack Ryan (not the Tom Clancy / John Krasinski one).

Crack kills.
4-1 against mck
Beat Hoban, the 4 time defending champ.
This is the best coaching staff in the state IMO.
Hoban Hoban Hoban, y’all sound like a broken record. Can’t wait for that state trophy to ride past Massillon on its way back home TO THE QUEEN CITY BABY!!!!! I bet it missed being In Lancer Land

I’ll say it again
Lancers BY A RUNNING CLOCK

You talk a lot but say nothing. Talk football for once X’s and O’s. Why are you so confident ?
From what I’ve seen, Massillon looks huge, which could turn the game itself, but the lancers have seen and proven themselves against big lines before. The strength of schedule helps to battle harden the lancers. Cam Porter was there for the last State Championship run and has seemingly spread his drive for the championship to the rest of the team. Along with his ability on offense and defense, coupled with a duel thread athletic qb and other equally dangerous options in the backfield and through the air, it’s going to be a daunting task for Massillon to stop that offense. The line could cause the lancers too much trouble. The problem for Lasalle will be stopping Massillon... if the db’s play as well as they can and the linebackers and d line pull the tricks they usually do against big lines, the lancers will be in a great position to stop the seemingly impossible to stop Massillon offense. Like I said before, I firmly believe Pat McLaughlin is a far better coach than Nate Moore, which will come into play as well. With all those factors and the lancers potential, they should dominate play if the line holds

From what I’ve seen, Massillon looks huge, which could turn the game itself, but the lancers have seen and proven themselves against big lines before. The strength of schedule helps to battle harden the lancers. Cam Porter was there for the last State Championship run and has seemingly spread his drive for the championship to the rest of the team. Along with his ability on offense and defense, coupled with a duel thread athletic qb and other equally dangerous options in the backfield and through the air, it’s going to be a daunting task for Massillon to stop that offense. The line could cause the lancers too much trouble. The problem for Lasalle will be stopping Massillon... if the db’s play as well as they can and the linebackers and d line pull the tricks they usually do against big lines, the lancers will be in a great position to stop the seemingly impossible to stop Massillon offense. Like I said before, I firmly believe Pat McLaughlin is a far better coach than Nate Moore, which will come into play as well. With all those factors and the lancers potential, they should dominate play if the line holds
Yep you are right we are going to get a running clock put on us. ?????
The line play will absolutely be the difference and from film I have watched that is the weakest part of the Lasalle O and D. I will say it again this is a game that consists of 4 quarters and that will be the unraveling of any hope Lasalle has.

Yep you are right we are going to get a running clock put on us. ?????
The line play will absolutely be the difference and from film I have watched that is the weakest part of the Lasalle O and D. I will say it again this is a game that consists of 4 quarters and that will be the unraveling of any hope Lasalle has.
What makes you think the Lancers can’t handle a grind it out game????? I don’t see you backing that up big boy.... If anything, the lancers having the tougher road to state, which ANYONE outside Massillon will agree with, says IF it is a grind out game, La Salle has the advantage. We’re gonna running clock you because the paper tigers are just that, good on paper and overrated. You’ll never get one on the field so just accept it.
We’ll take one MOORE state title home to Cincy

What makes you think the Lancers can’t handle a grind it out game????? I don’t see you backing that up big boy.... If anything, the lancers having the tougher road to state, which ANYONE outside Massillon will agree with, says IF it is a grind out game, La Salle has the advantage. We’re gonna running clock you because the paper tigers are just that, good on paper and overrated. You’ll never get one on the field so just accept it.
We’ll take one MOORE state title home to Cincy
As I said the line play on both sides is the weakest part of your team. The 4th quarter will be your demise.
The tougher road to state ???
Little Miami, Walnut Ridge and Harrison are 3 teams that shouldn’t have even been in the playoffs.

As I said the line play on both sides is the weakest part of your team. The 4th quarter will be your demise.
The tougher road to state ???
Little Miami, Walnut Ridge and Harrison are 3 teams that shouldn’t have even been in the playoffs.
Im talking about the regular season.... sorry about the confusion I guess, Massillon gets a quality win in the playoffs and all of a sudden they’re the gods of football, can’t wait to see the tiger tears of sadness Thursday night

Im talking about the regular season.... sorry about the confusion I guess, Massillon gets a quality win in the playoffs and all of a sudden they’re the gods of football, can’t wait to see the tiger tears of sadness Thursday night
Again what does the regular season have to do with Thursday night ? You can talk about Elder and X and some nobody from the powerhouse state of Massachusetts but when it comes down to it you have no idea how good Massillon is. But you will...

Nobody and I mean Nobody, truly believes Massillon will get clocked. If you do let me know how Much you truly believe LaSalle will have a running clock on Massillon at any point in the game.

I wonder how many of these LaSalle fans on here will be at the game. You know what I think all of you guys talk a good game but probably never seen this team play so plz ✋ it.

My son and I have season tickets along with a good group of friends from his school. We’ve missed only two games this year, but I can’t take a third-grader four hours away on a school night. So we will watch on TV and root our team on.

Hopefully the Lancers return next year and the game is in a better location and/or on a better night. Go Lancers!

My son and I have season tickets along with a good group of friends from his school. We’ve missed only two games this year, but I can’t take a third-grader four hours away on a school night. So we will watch on TV and root our team on.

Hopefully the Lancers return next year and the game is in a better location and/or on a better night. Go Lancers!

Kid should be driving by now. Mini-Mickey could take the Hwy 70 stretch, easy.

"Thursday" smh That needs to go.

I mean I hate the whole using the whole schedule argument to mean anything about this game ESPECIALLY when you when you blow everyone out like Massillon has done, but it's not even a question who's was more difficult. How are you going to say they wouldn't be 10-0 when the only losses were 2 much higher ranked teams than anyone on Massillon's schedule? Serious question.
Winton Woods higher ranked than McKinley and Penn Trafford? They didn't even make the playoffs.

Winton Woods higher ranked than McKinley and Penn Trafford? They didn't even make the playoffs.

Do people not read the thread?

Click this link: Page 3, Post 77 from this very thread. I linked it again after. If you would like to inform MaxPreps that their algorithm is not to your liking, I'm sure their customer service will get right on that for you.

Massillon primary WRs: Wilson-Lamp at 6'3" 165# and Ballard at 6'3" 175#
St Xavier primary WRs: Clifford at 6'1" 195# and Lang at 6'4" 225#

Admittedly, we may have never seen a similar duo.

Do people not read the thread?

Click this link: Page 3, Post 77 from this very thread. I linked it again after. If you would like to inform MaxPreps that their algorithm is not to your liking, I'm sure their customer service will get right on that for you.
It's all rather silly this back and forth.
La Salle played a tougher schedule....so...

Each team plays their toughest opponent Thursday. That is the bottom line. It's the truth ...heck is I think the math geeks even agree.
Both coaches will have their teams prepared thoroughly.
Now it's a Jimmy and a Joe thing.
I like our chances to avoid a running clock.

And barely beat.

X was one step above mediocre this year.
One step above mediocre is a stretch. They lost 3 games to two teams this season and both of those teams are playing in the state championship game. 3 point loss to elder regular season, 4 point loss to elder in playoffs, and 7 point loss to LaSalle. Only team not named Elder to beat Colerain this year. Wins over Brownsburg and Cathedral who made it to the 3rd and 4th round of the Indiana playoffs respectively. I would say that they were a bit better than mediocre.

Massillon primary WRs: Wilson-Lamp at 6'3" 165# and Ballard at 6'3" 175#
St Xavier primary WRs: Clifford at 6'1" 195# and Lang at 6'4" 225#

Admittedly, we may have never seen a similar duo.
And there is no one on your roster that could catch either in footrace but they are just window dressing. We like to run over the guards.

And there is no one on your roster that could catch either in footrace but they are just window dressing. We like to run over the guards.

Understood. I am only responding to a request for data about La Salle not having seen a similarly sized WR pair this season. As always, I am here to serve my fellow Yappian data needs.

Ok, time for my two predictions of the week:

1) Neither team is shut out.
2) Neither team has a running clock on them.
Stole my prediction....thief....stealer....criminal....

LS please kick the damn thing....

LS thank you for your insights stats and commentary...you are a good fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.