Anthony Echemendia commits to Ohio State

I believe I read somewhere else a few days ago that Ryan made a comment about the roster not being set yet because of something he couldn't comment on because the person wasn't enrolled. Social media did it's thing where someone looks at who the person recently started following and connected him to OSU.

So, if enrolling in January he could step on the mat this season. Not sure if that's the plan, but tOSU is stockpiling some great talent. That still doesn't get them in the team race this year. Next year should be all Iowas's but that's a long time off. Regardless, the future looks bright and we could once again be in the title hunt before long.

So, if enrolling in January he could step on the mat this season. Not sure if that's the plan, but tOSU is stockpiling some great talent. That still doesn't get them in the team race this year. Next year should be all Iowas's but that's a long time off. Regardless, the future looks bright and we could once again be in the title hunt before long.

Next year should be Iowa, but add a guy or to with transfer we are right there!

Why does that matter? You can compete at the division1 NCAA level at any age I believe. Randy Coutoure was 25 and a sergeant in the US Army when he competed at Okie State.

I dont think it matters except he is already 20 years old, having a redshirt year doesnt really do much for him.

I dont think it matters except he is already 20 years old, having a redshirt year doesnt really do much for him.

Sure it will: 1. Get's him used to Folkstyle as it is well noted he is a Freestlyle wrestler. 2. Gives him another year down the road where is more polished at Folkslyle as a Buckeye to help win a National title. 3. Get's him used to the college lifestyle/grind of the college life/training.

Why would anybody think that an accomplished 20 year old freestyler would want to spend 5 years in college wresting folk? If he is ready, throw him out there ASAP. It would be silly to try to save this guy for a year in 2025.

There are obvious physiological and psychological differences between an 18 year old freshman about to turn 19, and someone who is already 20. That's why the question is/was being asked. That's not even talking about the life priorities.

Echemendia is already mature---- hes a Cuban defector, who fled from Guatamala thru Mexico and sought/was granted political asylum here . Ohio St staff believe after seeing him train that he can beat anyone- Now. He will be given every opportunity to start at mid-year.

Iowa, Iowa St, Az st all wanted him badly, he could mean what trophy buckeyes get this season.

Echemendia is already mature---- hes a Cuban defector, who fled from Guatamala thru Mexico and sought/was granted political asylum here . Ohio St staff believe after seeing him train that he can beat anyone- Now. He will be given every opportunity to start at mid-year.

Iowa, Iowa St, Az st all wanted him badly, he could mean what trophy buckeyes get this season.
Where do you see him? At 157?

IMO, I'd say a young, growing guy that shredded at mid-150's or higher (don't know the circumstance of the photo) would be best to go 157, rather than suck to 149. Only my opinion, but "lowest possible" weight and "optimum" weight are not the same thing.

Where do you see him? At 157?

157 i think so--buckeyes will be very disappointed if Sasso not at least a ncaa semifinalist this season at 149, yes he could be beefed up to 157 but why mess with him? ....meanwhile the Cleary/Mattox/Hayes option at 157 not entirely satisfactory to the staff as of right now.

No, just correcting the one from the village who was seemingly trying to disparage some nice kids who had nothing to do with the post. He asked. I answered.
How did I disparage anyone? A poster made reference to his age and redshirting. I simply pointed out others, who have been VERY SUCCESSFUL, did the same thing. Grow some thicker skin.