OHSAA - Enough with Mason!

ElderHSfan02

This love affair with Mason's football stadium as a host for playoff games must end. Why are not other school's bidding on these games? Mason is a wind tunnel. It is not a place to host playoff games in the November. It is a terrible place to watch the game with the wind and the track between the fields. The stands are a good 40 yards from the field. Mason is NOT in Cincinnati. It is north outside of the 275 loop. When Mason is announced as a playoff site you hear groans from both teams. No one wants to play there. I'm not saying this just because Elder is playing there. It is the same if it was Colerain-X or Fairfield-X. Get these games out of Mason!!!

As much as I despise the way the O.H.S.A.A does most things, is this really their fault.
We, or at least I do not have a list of those schools or ciolleges that wanted to host. Maybe this was the best of bad choices?

Where would you like it then? The stands are not that far from the field and just about every stadium that is not Elder has a track.

Normally people complain that Mason won't be enough to hold the crowd, but it always does with room to spare.

Again, I'm not sure people realize how hard it is to get sites. It's not like waving a magic wand. Do people realize how many people it takes from the host school to put the event on?

Fair question. Are any of you that posted defending this site location actually going to the game?
I will be actually. I was torn between that and the Colerain/Fairfield game. I saw the first Colerain & Fairfield matchup so decided to see St. X this year, since I haven't seen them play yet. Also the location was a big factor in my choice. I'd much rather go to Mason over Princeton. Better parking, better venue, more restaurants near by, etc.

I still haven't heard ElderHSfan02 come up with any alternatives? Both are West Side schools, any west side schools for location? North College Hill Perhaps, Mt. Healthy, Oak Hills? Where would you like it?

Is it me or does it always seem like it’s the Elder faithful always complaining about the venues?

Mason is a great facility and does a fantastic job hosting.

Is it that Mason doesn’t have a bus line running through, so travel is an issue?

Is it me or does it always seem like it’s the Elder faithful always complaining about the venues?

Is it that Mason doesn’t have a bus line running through, so travel is an issue?
I know right. Easy access, good parking, good concessions and restrooms, well lit, great scoreboards. Maybe it's that damn running clock that they don't like when playing up there...hmmm?

Maybe it has to do with the fact that they won't let Elder fans sit on the visitor side to harass the opposing fans. I mean, the Pit is the only place that allows this.

Let’s face it, the Elder faithful complain about everything outside of Price Hill.

2009 Regional Semi-Finals

The rematch between the Bombers and the Panthers was held at UC's Nippert Stadium, attended by upwards of 20,000. The Panther defense held the Bombers scoreless for the first three quarters, while the offense built a 17-0 lead on TDs by O'Conner and Coffaro and a 37-yard Miliano field goal. But St. Xavier scored twice within six minutes in the fourth quarter to make the score 17-14. Miller and the Panthers controlled the ball for the remaining three minutes to seal the victory. Next, the Panthers would face Anderson who had defeated Middletown earlier in the day.

I hate Mason as a venue as well, but you're not wrong lol. In general, it's a nice facility and the reasons mentioned above make it ideal for the OHSAA to keep using.

I don't like Mason because it's basically the complete opposite side of town from Elder/westside. And in November it's a wind tunnel much like Welcome Stadium, those visiting bleachers aren't fun to sit on with a driving wind coming through. I did sit on the home side for last season's Regional Final and it wasn't as bad as the visitor side in '15.

Obviously Elder fans in general were spoiled by playing all those games at UC through the early 2000s. And Mason may not be the dump that Welcome Stadium is, but we can choose to dislike it if we want.

The ideal venue would have been UC's Nippert Stadium.
So you can watch a game in a stadium that's less than 1/5 full?

It's not 2009 anymore, Mason holds about 7000 and won't sell out. The Elder faithful don't travel like they used to and don't even show up to their home games like they used to. Mason will be fine.

Next weeks game will be at Mason also. Guess EHS fan02 hoping Elder doesn’t win this week. Outside of Cincinnati 275 Loop?? You want the game played inside the 275 loop, might as well be played at Elder or X. I myself can’t stand the wind at Mason but it’s obviously the best venue of the options given to the OHSAA. As someone already stated in another thread, “days of Double Header at Nippert are gone with Friday games.”

Pboy Forever,OSP NEVER!!!

The ideal venue would have been UC's Nippert Stadium.

UC would of had to put a bid in for the games. Mason is completely fine and waaaay better than UD. I actually think Elder/X should have been at Princeton and FF Colerain at Mason just for logistical purposes.

So you can watch a game in a stadium that's less than 1/5 full?

It's not 2009 anymore, Mason holds about 7000 and won't sell out. The Elder faithful don't travel like they used to and don't even show up to their home games like they used to. Mason will be fine.

I hear that argument all the time, but it is all hearsay until you put another game at UC. I don't know about 20,000, but I think attendance would be double what you will see at Mason. I'm shocked Elder/X representatives didn't get together to push for UC.