#3 (9-1) Akron Hoban vs. #6 (7-3) Alliance

very true. even if alliance stayed d-3, they have the schedule to get in the playoffs, teams do not avoid them like a lake or louisville. both those teams have the same issue. generally, schools their size won't play them. so, they play larger schools, and if they win, chances are the larger school won't win much in the league they are in. green is another example, from louisville's perspective, it is a good game from a competition standpoint, similar communities(not to mention identical stadiums). but there is little in the way of the end game of making the playoffs from louisville's view. same with the y-town catholics, playing mooney twice and ursuline last year, both were vastly better than the typical nbc school of the last 20 years, but both were below .500 due to who they are forced to play.

alliance and marlington have the perfect situation for advancing to week 11. alliance should be willing to play lake(i think they play louisville week 9 the next two years) and marlington should be willing to play louisville, ideally week 1...
I think sometimes we overestimate the whole teams won’t play the leopards. We have one playoff win in the past decade. There are a few local teams who do not want to schedule us but how hard have we searched around for games. Howland played us this year. I find it hard to believe that teams like Chardon, Aurora, Poland, Niles, Dover.....just to name a few are “afraid” to play us. Many leopard fans have a strange obsession about playing our old NBC foes. There are more teams in the state than just the EBC and the Federal League. Go find some good games.

All that mattered for Hoban was trying to get through this game without any more crucial injuries. No such luck. Getting through Massillon will be nearly impossible now.

I think sometimes we overestimate the whole teams won’t play the leopards. We have one playoff win in the past decade. There are a few local teams who do not want to schedule us but how hard have we searched around for games. Howland played us this year. I find it hard to believe that teams like Chardon, Aurora, Poland, Niles, Dover.....just to name a few are “afraid” to play us. Many leopard fans have a strange obsession about playing our old NBC foes. There are more teams in the state than just the EBC and the Federal League. Go find some good games.
Many Leopard fans are obsessed with travel time to games. That is their obsession with those leagues. Some of those schools you mention above have very loyal fan bases and would be fun games to schedule. Out of the NE8 and EBC schools you could schedule your 1st 3 games, remaining 7 games you have 3-4 from the Fed you can play, then you have NP, Canfield, CCC, Howland, Dover, Mooney, Ursuline, East, Chaney, Boardman, Harding, Big Red, etc. That is a lot of good games that can be scheduled and not go to West Virginia?

All that mattered for Hoban was trying to get through this game without any more crucial injuries. No such luck. Getting through Massillon will be nearly impossible now.

What’s the word on the Trayanum injury? Is it bad? Like out indefinitely?

My own feeling about the Fed is that in the 90's you had New Philly, Wooster, and Timken...you would have a hard fed game and then an easy one...now with McKinley and Green you get no break from the schedule....there are great coaches in the Fed and that makes the games week after week such a grind. The Fed offers a lot of advantages...close schools, great facilities, good followings, great money from gates...my feeling with the Fed that for Lake is very difficult now and I would love to leave...but where are you going to go that offer all what the Fed offers
A good league: Football only
1. Green, Lake, North Canton, Louisville, Canfield, Boardman, NP, Dover (good week 10 rival games here) No clue who would have won this league this year. Very balanced.
2. Canton, Perry, Jackson, GO, Fitch, Harding - 4 of these schools already play Massillon so.......
All other sports go back to Federal and AAC (Louisville can pick which one they belong to) and NP and Dover go back to their existing league.
* All 14 schools will compete in a combined Track and XC meets every year. Also very good potential Basketball and wrestling tournaments involving these schools could be scheduled.

The injury was part of the ABJ post game story, so it's out there for public consumption.
"Nearly Impossible"
The injury was part of the ABJ post game story, so it's out there for public consumption.
"Nearly Impossible"......
Getting through Massillon will be "Nearly Impossible" now.....?... Ok....

Losing Trayanum would seem to be devastating but his backup at RB is the real deal also. Getting past Mayfield should not pose a problem but they will need to shore up the pass defense in order to get past Massillon.
Defense wins championships!!!

Losing Trayanum would seem to be devastating but his backup at RB is the real deal also. Getting past Mayfield should not pose a problem but they will need to shore up the pass defense in order to get past Massillon.
Defense wins championships!!!
Dawson is a very good player, but he is nowhere near the explosive force Trayanum is. Plus, his loss would be just as big defensively vs Massillon. Hoban doesn't have as many options offensively as they did last year, so with Clark already out, if Trayanum is lost or nowhere near himself vs Massillon, I don't think they can score enough to win. Those 2 make up at least 75% of the offense. The defense would need to play lights out and carry the day.

“He is fine,” Tyrrell said. “If it was a closer game, he would have come back in. When he twisted his ankle four weeks ago, it was more of a scare for him because he got brought backwards. He will not be 100 percent until sometime in the winter.”