SBC - LAKE Division

Clyde 1-0
Norwalk 1-0
Sandusky 1-0
Bellevue 0-1
Columbian 0-1
Perkins 0-1
Sandusky at Norwalk in key LAKE Division game next Friday night.

Week 6 Final Scores

Clyde 38, Perkins 7
Sandusky 33, Columbian 26
Norwalk 45, Bellevue 21

Current Standings

Clyde. 5-1. 1-0
Norwalk. 5-1. 1-0
Sandusky. 5-1. 1-0
Tiffin. 5-1. 0-1
Bellevue. 4-2. 0-1
Perkins. 3-3. 0-1

Very impressed that Mansfield has beat most likely the two best teams in the entire SBC. Norwalk and Sandusky are both really good team too.

Very impressed that Mansfield has beat most likely the two best teams in the entire SBC. Norwalk and Sandusky are both really good team too.

True but you won’t get any admissions from their fans. “ The refs screwed them”. I would love to see a rematch in the playoffs.

True but you won’t get any admissions from their fans. “ The refs screwed them”. I would love to see a rematch in the playoffs.
I would like a rematch as well because I feel the Lake schools will be battle tested. Also, the Lake schools have a better playoff history while Mansfield Senior at 2-8 all-time record does not.

I would like a rematch as well because I feel the Lake schools will be battle tested. Also, the Lake schools have a better playoff history while Mansfield Senior at 2-8 all-time record does not.

Are you saying Mansfield won’t be battle tested? They already played Norwalk and Sandusky, and still have to play a solid Ashland team and Wooster. The only reason i give Norwalk or Sandusky the advantage in a rematch is because it is harder to beat an opponent twice.

Are you saying Mansfield won’t be battle tested? They already played Norwalk and Sandusky, and still have to play a solid Ashland team and Wooster. The only reason i give Norwalk or Sandusky the advantage in a rematch is because it is harder to beat an opponent twice.
By the time the playoffs arrive, Norwalk and Sandusky would have 9 and 5 weeks prior, and Mansfield Senior will lose "muscle memory" from those games playing in the lesser competitive OCC. Ashland and Wooster aren't what they are used to be, and both are a combined 5-7 with 2 of the 5 wins against 0-6 Madison Rams Senior should win those games easily

And again, I don't trust their playoff history, whereas Sandusky and notably Norwalk has done a bit better.

What are you talking about? Unless I’m missing a post or a thread I don’t see any SBC LAKE “fans” commenting on either the Norwalk or Sandusky losses negatively? Please help me here.

What are you talking about? Unless I’m missing a post or a thread I don’t see any SBC LAKE “fans” commenting on either the Norwalk or Sandusky losses negatively? Please help me here.
He's referring to me stemming from Norwalk-Mansfield game as I indicated Truckers were somewhat homered. I'm over that, and things will sort themselves when Playoffs arrive.

He's referring to me stemming from Norwalk-Mansfield game as I indicated Truckers were somewhat homered. I'm over that, and things will sort themselves when Playoffs arrive.
Somewhat homered? I was at that game and I wouldn’t say that was the case. Sr High was the better team and earned their win. Norwalk is undisciplined and it was never more evident than this game. The blame could lie on the Norwalk coaching staff. They were not prepared in a game that they should have been more than prepared. Norwalk embarrassed Sr High last year and the TYgers had 365 days to prepare. THEY were prepared.

As the coaching staff stated after Huron game, it was DMGB. "Doesn't Matter, Get Better " They're doing everything to do just that.

Go Truckers!

As the coaching staff stated after Huron game, it was DMGB. "Doesn't Matter, Get Better " They're doing everything to do just that.

Go Truckers!
Why wouldn’t the “coaching staff” say that? I hope each coach was holding up a mirror at the time they were saying DMGB. The lack of discipline falls at their feet. It’s deflection. Not holding themselves accountable is a problem for me.

You know you’ve lost the argument when one resorts to pot shots completely irrelevant to the conversation. ???
I'm not in the business of winning nor losing arguments; if you say I lost, fine. I was simply stating a fact you could relate comparable to Senior High.

According to Pasteur, Columbian is favored to win against Clyde, and should that result arrive to fruition, that makes the Norwalk-Sandusky winner already alone in 1st.

Norwalk 2-0 (6-1)

Columbian 1-1 (6-1)
Bellevue 1-1 (5-2)
Clyde 1-1 (5-2)
Sandusky 1-1 (5-2)

Perkins 0-2 (3-4)

Norwalk moves ahead of Mansfield Sr to take over the top spot in D III Region 10.

Week 7 Finals

Norwalk 37, Sandusky 20
Columbian 49, Clyde 42
Bellevue 35, Perkins 10

Norwalk's Evan Stumpf ran 37x for 344 yards and 3 TDs while Alec Maloney added 121 on 8 carries. Truckers D bottled up BGSU commit Terion Stewart as he had 80 yards on 23 carries. Plus, Garrison Smith nailed 3 FGs from 53, 41, and 31. Smith broke his own record from a few weeks back when he hit a 50 yarder against Edison.

Columbian win over Clyde was huge as Tornados aren't getting many Harbins with non-conference opponents not winning for TC.

Week 8 Games

Bellevue at Columbian
Clyde at Sandusky
Norwalk at Perkins

1st 2 games will be huge for playoff security, but also the loser of each game will essentially be eliminated to getting at least a Lake Title share. Of course, that's assuming Truckers beat the Pirates.

Get Ross into Lake, and things will be more entertaining.

May happen sooner than you think. Fremont's middle school enrollment is dropping faster than a lead balloon. I predict in 5 years Ross will be DIII. The skirt wearing shot callers in the Lake will have to come up with a new excuse than the classic "they're too big" option.

May happen sooner than you think. Fremont's middle school enrollment is dropping faster than a lead balloon. I predict in 5 years Ross will be DIII. The skirt wearing shot callers in the Lake will have to come up with a new excuse than the classic "they're too big" option.
If their enrollment drops to DIII (25 boys per grade level - 75 total this year), then I'd say they have a much better chance to get in but keep in mind 6 schools in a league is better than 7 due to scheduling. 7 schools = floating bye week and no one likes that. Also, if they continue to be putrid and underachieve, that would certainly help them as well.

You know there’s an option for the floating bye that literally nobody talks about. Thats scheduling a team twice. You still get harbins if you beat that team twice it just gets a bit quirky on the 2nd level points. It sure beats a 4 hour bus ride to Dayton to get 2 harbin points. We won’t even estimate how much money the gate would bring in.

You know there’s an option for the floating bye that literally nobody talks about. Thats scheduling a team twice. You still get harbins if you beat that team twice it just gets a bit quirky on the 2nd level points. It sure beats a 4 hour bus ride to Dayton to get 2 harbin points. We won’t even estimate how much money the gate would bring in.

Ew, who wants to play a team twice? That is just so weird. Especially in the SBC, there are plenty of schools to play that aren’t a long drive, big or small.

That obviously isn't a solution anyone thinks is worthwhile.