Division VI Football Poll - Week 6 (10/07/19)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1 Coldwater (Coldwater) (6-0) (175) [15]
2 Liberty Center (Liberty Center) (6-0) (123) [2]
3 Anna (Anna) (5-1) (101)
4 Minster (Minster) (5-1) (99)
5 Fort Frye (Beverly) (6-0) (75)
6 Trimble (Glouster) (6-0) (65) [1]
7 Lima Central Catholic (Lima) (5-1) (61) [2]
8 Springfield (New Middletown) (6-0) (60)
9 Mogadore (Mogadore) (5-1) (57)
10 Archbold (Archbold) (5-1) (40)

Others - Arcanum (Arcanum) (6-0), Gibsonburg (Gibsonburg) (6-0), Southeastern (Chillicothe) (6-0), Mechanicsburg (Mechanicsburg) (5-1), Covington (Covington) (4-2)

The MAC bias is sickening.
I don't know if you are joking or not, but if not that is pretty sad. Just for fun, I looked back to 2010 and the State Championship results. The MAC has 15 State Championships won in a total of 20 appearances. Those come in DV, DVI and DVII. Those results come from a combined 5 different schools (Coldwater, Marion Local, Minster, Fort Recovery and DSJ). That's pretty remarkable.

I don't know if you are joking or not, but if not that is pretty sad. Just for fun, I looked back to 2010 and the State Championship results. The MAC has 15 State Championships won in a total of 20 appearances. Those come in DV, DVI and DVII. Those results come from a combined 5 different schools (Coldwater, Marion Local, Minster, Fort Recovery and DSJ). That's pretty remarkable.
Yawn.
Quit living in the past.

1 Coldwater (Coldwater) (6-0) (175) [15]
2 Liberty Center (Liberty Center) (6-0) (123) [2]
3 Anna (Anna) (5-1) (101)
4 Minster (Minster) (5-1) (99)
5 Fort Frye (Beverly) (6-0) (75)
6 Trimble (Glouster) (6-0) (65) [1]
7 Lima Central Catholic (Lima) (5-1) (61) [2]
8 Springfield (New Middletown) (6-0) (60)
9 Mogadore (Mogadore) (5-1) (57)
10 Archbold (Archbold) (5-1) (40)

Others - Arcanum (Arcanum) (6-0), Gibsonburg (Gibsonburg) (6-0), Southeastern (Chillicothe) (6-0), Mechanicsburg (Mechanicsburg) (5-1), Covington (Covington) (4-2)
I'd say that's pretty spot on. I'd just put Covington and Mechanicsburg first in the honorable mentions and remove Gibsonburg.

Yawn.
Quit living in the past.
Let's live in the present, all three have 2 solid non-league victories over good teams then play in the toughest small school league in the state.
Coldwater
W 42-7 D4 4-2 Kenton
W 37-7 D3 3-3 Mt Healthy
Anna
W 48-14 D3 3-3 Bishop Fenwick
W 49-16 D5 5-1 Brookville
Minster
W 20-13 D7 5-1 Fort Loramie
W 35-25 D6 4-2 Covington

The MAC bias is sickening.
I am a Mogadore alum and a lifelong resident and fan.
That being said, I am perfectly comfortable with putting Coldwater first and Anna and Minster right behind.
Until someone begins beating MAC teams on a regular basis, there is no reason NOT to rank them high.
As a reasonable person, I cannot ignore success.
We have three state titles here in Mogadore, and a proud winning and playoff tradition ... and we have to respect the outstanding record of the MAC schools, having been thumped by them a few times.

My response is always the same: If you don't want them to be ranked that high ... then someone start beating them consistently.

I am a Mogadore alum and a lifelong resident and fan.
That being said, I am perfectly comfortable with putting Coldwater first and Anna and Minster right behind.
Until someone begins beating MAC teams on a regular basis, there is no reason NOT to rank them high.
As a reasonable person, I cannot ignore success.
We have three state titles here in Mogadore, and a proud winning and playoff tradition ... and we have to respect the outstanding record of the MAC schools, having been thumped by them a few times.

My response is always the same: If you don't want them to be ranked that high ... then someone start beating them consistently.

Yappi needs more yous. Good post CatFan.

Top 10 looks good. I would have included Mechanicsburg in there somewhere. Losing by 8 to West Jeff is nothing to shake your head at, I can't remember the last time West Jefferson was this good.