Division VI Football Poll - Week 6 (10/07/19)

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
1 Coldwater (Coldwater) (6-0) (175) [15]
2 Liberty Center (Liberty Center) (6-0) (123) [2]
3 Anna (Anna) (5-1) (101)
4 Minster (Minster) (5-1) (99)
5 Fort Frye (Beverly) (6-0) (75)
6 Trimble (Glouster) (6-0) (65) [1]
7 Lima Central Catholic (Lima) (5-1) (61) [2]
8 Springfield (New Middletown) (6-0) (60)
9 Mogadore (Mogadore) (5-1) (57)
10 Archbold (Archbold) (5-1) (40)

Others - Arcanum (Arcanum) (6-0), Gibsonburg (Gibsonburg) (6-0), Southeastern (Chillicothe) (6-0), Mechanicsburg (Mechanicsburg) (5-1), Covington (Covington) (4-2)

BucksFan937

The MAC bias is sickening.
I don't know if you are joking or not, but if not that is pretty sad. Just for fun, I looked back to 2010 and the State Championship results. The MAC has 15 State Championships won in a total of 20 appearances. Those come in DV, DVI and DVII. Those results come from a combined 5 different schools (Coldwater, Marion Local, Minster, Fort Recovery and DSJ). That's pretty remarkable.

thavoice

I don't know if you are joking or not, but if not that is pretty sad. Just for fun, I looked back to 2010 and the State Championship results. The MAC has 15 State Championships won in a total of 20 appearances. Those come in DV, DVI and DVII. Those results come from a combined 5 different schools (Coldwater, Marion Local, Minster, Fort Recovery and DSJ). That's pretty remarkable.
Yawn.
Quit living in the past.

StateChampion2012

1 Coldwater (Coldwater) (6-0) (175) [15]
2 Liberty Center (Liberty Center) (6-0) (123) [2]
3 Anna (Anna) (5-1) (101)
4 Minster (Minster) (5-1) (99)
5 Fort Frye (Beverly) (6-0) (75)
6 Trimble (Glouster) (6-0) (65) [1]
7 Lima Central Catholic (Lima) (5-1) (61) [2]
8 Springfield (New Middletown) (6-0) (60)
9 Mogadore (Mogadore) (5-1) (57)
10 Archbold (Archbold) (5-1) (40)

Others - Arcanum (Arcanum) (6-0), Gibsonburg (Gibsonburg) (6-0), Southeastern (Chillicothe) (6-0), Mechanicsburg (Mechanicsburg) (5-1), Covington (Covington) (4-2)
I'd say that's pretty spot on. I'd just put Covington and Mechanicsburg first in the honorable mentions and remove Gibsonburg.

CatFan14

The MAC bias is sickening.
I am a Mogadore alum and a lifelong resident and fan.
That being said, I am perfectly comfortable with putting Coldwater first and Anna and Minster right behind.
Until someone begins beating MAC teams on a regular basis, there is no reason NOT to rank them high.
As a reasonable person, I cannot ignore success.
We have three state titles here in Mogadore, and a proud winning and playoff tradition ... and we have to respect the outstanding record of the MAC schools, having been thumped by them a few times.

My response is always the same: If you don't want them to be ranked that high ... then someone start beating them consistently.

wls_color

I am a Mogadore alum and a lifelong resident and fan.
That being said, I am perfectly comfortable with putting Coldwater first and Anna and Minster right behind.
Until someone begins beating MAC teams on a regular basis, there is no reason NOT to rank them high.
As a reasonable person, I cannot ignore success.
We have three state titles here in Mogadore, and a proud winning and playoff tradition ... and we have to respect the outstanding record of the MAC schools, having been thumped by them a few times.

My response is always the same: If you don't want them to be ranked that high ... then someone start beating them consistently.
Yappi needs more yous. Good post CatFan.

Top 10 looks good. I would have included Mechanicsburg in there somewhere. Losing by 8 to West Jeff is nothing to shake your head at, I can't remember the last time West Jefferson was this good.