The poor Somalis of Omar the Terrible’s district

Give up your guns... So it is easier for scum to beat the crap out of you.

Pirate culture, amirite ? The Somalis that have made a business out of extorting money from shipping companies must be like kings on the somali streets. Nothing like importing human trash and tucking it away in insular communities.

This is the folly of the thinking that all immigrants are basically good.
ALL People everywhere are sinful not good.

Racist much?

Somali's are a proud people. Many do get educated here and return to their country to help.

Many turned to pirating because of the illegal fishing that leaves them without one of their most important resources.
Those who did this are scum no doubt about that but they have been here a longtime. Columbus and Minny are the two bigger Somali populations in the US and for the most part are just like every other human, some are great and some are garbage

Have you even spoken to people in that region and heard their concerns?

I have.

Are there some who have done it because of the pure greed and evil? Absolutely but that is one of the root causes that started it.

Ultimately, who cares what reason they would give for ambushing and forcibly boarding large commercial boats full of valuable cargo off of their coastline in narrow shipping lanes, and then holding the crews at gunpoint until the insurance companie pay them a ransom ? It is what it is.

Ultimately, who cares what reason they would give for ambushing and forcibly boarding large commercial boats full of valuable cargo off of their coastline in narrow shipping lanes, and then holding the crews at gunpoint until the insurance companie pay them a ransom ? It is what it is.
You are not wrong. I was just giving context to the behaviour.

Racist much?

Somali's are a proud people. Many do get educated here and return to their country to help.

Many turned to pirating because of the illegal fishing that leaves them without one of their most important resources.

Not much different than the radicals here who want to outlaw our fossil fuel resources ............putting the resources of The People off limits to The People is akin to communism.

You like the skinnies?
I do not like or dislike. I met and worked with a number of them and are humans just like everyone else. They probably look at the US and the mass shootings and murders in like Chicago and think of us as savages as well.

for the most part are just like every other human, some are great and some are garbage
It's not the great ones we are concerned with. My wife is a teacher and has to deal with them on a regular basis, they are a lot of trouble. Lazy, disrespectful, combative. Not a lot of good traits being expressed by them.

It's not the great ones we are concerned with. My wife is a teacher and has to deal with them on a regular basis, they are a lot of trouble. Lazy, disrespectful, combative. Not a lot of good traits being expressed by them.
Yeah,. I could see that as possible.

Huh.

Some Africans are more black than others, it seems, and some blend in better than others.

Sounds like they assimilated to American youth culture just fine, lol.

Seriously though, if we're talking males, that may have more to do with growing up in a strict Muslim home where a man is king, and the women (even the ones with teaching certificates) are there to do his bidding. When we had the first wave of Somalian refugees in Columbus twenty years ago applying for jobs, we saw that a lot with many Somali males, especially those 30 and up, when told they would be working for a female supervisor, or when the cafeteria ladies laid down the law about what food was available and how it was prepared. Culture wars, I tell you.

Sounds like they assimilated to American youth culture just fine, lol.

Seriously though, if we're talking males, that may have more to do with growing up in a strict Muslim home where a man is king, and the women (even the ones with teaching certificates) are there to do his bidding. When we had the first wave of Somalian refugees in Columbus twenty years ago applying for jobs, we saw that a lot with many Somali males, especially those 30 and up, when told they would be working for a female supervisor, or when the cafeteria ladies laid down the law about what food was available and how it was prepared. Culture wars, I tell you.
Somali's respect the family and clan they come from above all.

Went to the Somali place in Columbus a couple of years ago. 100 percent authentix down to even not having TP.

Within 20 minuters after we left the owners knew wat clan set the person who brought us there belonged to (by calling folks in Somalia) and said since he was from the right clan we were invited backm. Few days later the spread they provided was legit.