Trade War

He was NSA from April 2018 until today.

The Trade War started in 2017.

Are you suggesting that Bolton prevented the US ans China from closing a deal?
I’m suggesting he had input into the hard line taken on trade, particularly as a threat to national security. I mean, duh.

WRONG. Trump fired Bolton because he's a neo-con, interventionist nation builder. Particularly when it comes to the Middle East & Western Asia. The Bolton/Trump relationship was always going to be strained. Trump liked Bolton's toughness & brashness but on policy issues he probably disagreed with 80% of what Bolton wanted to do.

I suspect that Bolton and Mad Dog were hired primarily to deal with ISIS & Iran. Trump wanted to destroy ISIS and curb Iran without getting into a war with Iran. But on an ideological spectrum Trump & Bolton are far apart.

Like I said before, Trump is a rough boss to work for. If you're in senior management, which Bolton was, Trump can be a jerk and very demanding. But as a voter I'm glad Trump is this way. I voted for a guy who in part promised to stop being the worlds policeman and to keep us out of stupid wars. So far, so good.

Exactly right.

I think part of Trump's hiring idiosyncrasies come from his life as a developer. Many team members change at each different address for each different project. It is how he is used to doing business.

Liberals don't refinance their debt; they petition the government to make someone else pay it.
There are downsides to negative rates.

However if lowering rates keeps the economy moving along then why wait for a recession?

Lowering rates is certainly a tool that should be used in the trade war.

However if lowering rates keeps the economy moving along then why wait for a recession?

So you are admitting Trumps policy to grow the economy are failing...so this is the next option?

The debt isn't prepayable. It's a contractual relationship with investors, 75% of which is held by the public. Treating it like a mortgage is a galaxy brained take.

In terms of lowering the interest rate to or below zero, I get why that's a good idea for the government, but don't see much upside to the private sector. It would cheapen debt costs but also make the U.S. a less desirable spot for capital flow. Investors would move their money to where they could find a positive return.

The debt isn't prepayable. It's a contractual relationship with investors, 75% of which is held by the public. Treating it like a mortgage is a galaxy brained take.

In terms of lowering the interest rate to or below zero, I get why that's a good idea for the government, but don't see much upside to the private sector. It would cheapen debt costs but also make the U.S. a less desirable spot for capital flow. Investors would move their money to where they could find a positive return.

I guess you do not know how much debt is in short-term notes, bills, and bonds.

So you are admitting Trumps policy to grow the economy are failing...so this is the next option?
Why would I admit that? That would be a lie. The economy is growing. It makes no sense to wait for a recession to cut rates. If rate cuts are the answer to come out of a recession then they are the answer to prevent a recession.

Why would I admit that? That would be a lie. The economy is growing. It makes no sense to wait for a recession to cut rates. If rate cuts are the answer to come out of a recession then they are the answer to prevent a recession.
Yeah, we should just be cutting rates all the time.

View attachment 3600

So Tell us - Besides Happys Check - Where else can we Cut to reduce our Dept / spending ?

First - Implement the Penny plan - 2 cents ........ Then where do we Cut ?

We have millions off Food Stamps - Largest Number of people Ever Working ? Do we have to "PUSH" people to get off the Gov't Dole.

I wouldn't put it past the Demorats to go after SS payments to those who have saved a comfortable
Financial Nest egg. Selling it as "You have enough, you don't Need SS payments when you already have enough money to live off of !

Why would you think that (besides having TDS); Trump's economy is growing 2-3 times his predecessor.
Curious what chart you are using to measure this growth?

Last edited:
View attachment 3600

So Tell us - Besides Happys Check - Where else can we Cut to reduce our Dept / spending ?

First - Implement the Penny plan - 2 cents ........ Then where do we Cut ?

We have millions off Food Stamps - Largest Number of people Ever Working ? Do we have to "PUSH" people to get off the Gov't Dole.

I wouldn't put it past the Demorats to go after SS payments to those who have saved a comfortable
Financial Nest egg. Selling it as "You have enough, you don't Need SS payments when you already have enough money to live off of !
Food stamps is not even a rounding error particularly since it goes right back into the economy almost immediately. It would disproportionately impact redstates, rural voters, a white without a college degree. (Trumps base)

With every recession in my lifetime we have cut rates as a means to spur growth. What happens when there is no where to cut? Negative rates would hurt banks and kill pensions even more than they already are. The benefit is paying off debt but at what cost? The bottom line is he is selfishly trying to steer the Central Bank into stimulating an economy that is already stimulated through the election cycle.

It is funny to watch all the Trumpets abandon all fiscal responsibility in favor of their own TDS. Everyone on here sounds like Paul Krugman all of a sudden.:LOL:

Pandering for zero or negative rates in an allegedly thriving economy signifies either a lack of economic literacy or an underlying belief that the economy isn't really all that great.

If you prematurely shoot your wad now, what are you going to have left to shoot if things get dicey?

Pandering for zero or negative rates in an allegedly thriving economy signifies either a lack of economic literacy or an underlying belief that the economy isn't really all that great.

If you prematurely shoot your wad now, what are you going to have left to shoot if things get dicey?
or BOTH

Food stamps is not even a rounding error particularly since it goes right back into the economy almost immediately. It would disproportionately impact redstates, rural voters, a white without a college degree. (Trumps base) ?

Un-Happy - Subject is Cut Spending

let me show simple math ...... If Gov't doesn't have to give X food stamps - Gov't Spends Less

If you think White Without Degrees is Real - Don't kid yourself - It's a Political Truth Spinning to try to sway voting

Family - 17 BA/BS 5- BSN - nurse 3 - CPA 5 - MS ( 3 - PH. D / Doctorates - 1 was adviser at "The Cannikin Shot" )

All GOP supporters - Well Educated, Self Reliant, Hard Working, with a Love of Family = Trump Base

Yeah, we should just be cutting rates all the time.
Not what I said.
With every recession in my lifetime we have cut rates as a means to spur growth. What happens when there is no where to cut? Negative rates would hurt banks and kill pensions even more than they already are. The benefit is paying off debt but at what cost? The bottom line is he is selfishly trying to steer the Central Bank into stimulating an economy that is already stimulated through the election cycle.

It is funny to watch all the Trumpets abandon all fiscal responsibility in favor of their own TDS. Everyone on here sounds like Paul Krugman all of a sudden.:LOL:
I don't think we need to go to negative rates anytime soon. A quarter point cut wouldn't hurt though.

The point is don't wait for a recession to act. Why not be proactive?

It is really sad seeing liberals rooting for a recession just because they don't want to accept that Trump won.

Cutting a quarter point is hardly shooting your wad.

He's pandering for a whole lot more than that. The quarter point cut was reasonable. Immediately slashing a whole point (or more) is not unless you're extremely concerned about trade war ramifications crashing down within the next six months. He's been pandering non-stop for that over the last several weeks.

Either he's financially illiterate and thinks big cuts equal infinite unending growth, or he believes the trade war is showing signs of issues that will become obvious in the near future. Perhaps both.

He's pandering for a whole lot more than that. The quarter point cut was reasonable. Immediately slashing a whole point (or more) is not unless you're extremely concerned about trade war ramifications crashing down within the next six months. He's been pandering non-stop for that over the last several weeks.

Either he's financially illiterate and thinks big cuts equal infinite unending growth, or he believes the trade war is showing signs of issues that will become obvious in the near future. Perhaps both.
Or he's screaming for a lot to get a little.

Gee who would have ever thought alienating your allies and entering a trade war alone with China a key part of the global supply chain would damage the global economy. His policies are the cause of the underlying issue. If I am China it is like sitting at the table with six aces in your hand.