Trade War

I don't think I actually said that. What I said was they work less hours, have more time off and as a whole have more money to spend (based on the fact their middle class is larger as a whole). I was contradicting the fact that they are so heavily taxed that they evidently have troubles living.

You can't compare how we live to how they do. Our cultures are completely different. For the most part theirs is OLD.... The housing is hundreds of years old compared to ours in most cases (large cities). But the cost of living for essentials is similar if not lower than what we pay. Housing is higher but their wages are as well.

Would you care to address the fact that the influx of unskilled refugees permitted by the libs in Europe, loading up the social safety nets and burdening their taxpayers, is going to drag the whole thing down ?

[QUOTE="2manyBats, post: 7374249, member: 10489]23 Paid Days Off a Year. - That's ridiculous.

23 days split between vacation, personal days, sick days, holidays is ridiculous? Good grief....[/QUOTE]

... look again at my reference - a New Hire gets 23 Days - a bit Extreme

[QUOTE="2manyBats, post: 7374249, member: 10489]23 Paid Days Off a Year. - That's ridiculous.

23 days split between vacation, personal days, sick days, holidays is ridiculous? Good grief....

Americans leave over 700 million unused vacation days on the table. It's no wonder why we're so stressed out as a country.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, to be honest when including holidays, sick days, and vacation 23 days off is only 2 weeks vacation.

I mean crap, most companies that hire professionals (degreed people) START with that amount of paid time off, day 1. That isn't unusual.

23 days split between vacation, personal days, sick days, holidays is ridiculous? Good grief....

... look again at my reference - a New Hire gets 23 Days - a bit Extreme
[/QUOTE]
That's not extreme.

My first day out of college back in 2002 I had 25 days paid of. 5 sick days, 10 holidays, 10 vacation days. 17 years later I am at 10 sick days, 10 holidays, 20 vacation days.

It's not extreme, most people with a degree out of college start with 20-25 paid days off work.

Didn't miss it at all. A week or two of vacation, ten or so holiday days, a few personal and or sick days can add up to 23 pretty quick.

Watch out, the king makers are coming for Trump. These guys usually mean business and may dump the economy to get a compliant president of their choosing. I don't think he said this without permission.
"There's even a argument that the election itself falls within the fed's purview."

Trump should go after these mofos and get rid of their currency and go to our own sound currency along with balanced trade.
Crazy times could be coming. Go Trump, kick some fed butt!
Go Deep State!

2manyfats is upset people with skills are able to negotiate better benefits.

It was my Kid - back in HS He had this president on TV telling All that Health Care and Community College Should and would be Free.

This went against what his mom & I taught him. You need Great grades in HS to make college more affordable. Then great grades in College to Separate you from other Applicants to land that Great job that will offer Healthcare and Benefits ! Just like we've done.

He did just that, landed a Benefits Jackpot Career Job = Healthcare, Vacation Time, and Matching Retirement all the Perks

Go Deep State!

Something special, just for you!!

...wait for it.....

wait........

DSAUP42WkAcTQ8s.png

Enjoy !

Somebody at CNBC gets it, even if he tries to diminish the benefit to our economy -

Keep making deals with other partners, Orange Man. Keep taking it to China.

Just remember they are liars and cheats.

I like this -
Trump could impose a system of mandatory import licenses that ends the $320 billion bilateral trade imbalance. Issue U.S. exporters resalable licenses to purchase goods from China in proportion to their sales there. The more China buys in America, the more it can sell here but if it retaliates against American farmers, then it must sell less here. And implement tough financial sanctions against technology pirates like Huawei and their banks.

Tell Xi, "You are on probation" with such licenses.

Last edited:
Cliff's notes: this needs to be done, but don't say it's going to be an "easy win" with little to no pain or that it's going to bring home a dearth of jobs. Both are lies.
No it isnt.

Would predicting an easy win for OSU this week be a lie? No it's an opinion. The economy continues to grow, jobs continue to be added...I'm sorry your great Depression hasn't happened yet but maybe someday.

Somebody at CNBC gets it, even if he tries to diminish the benefit to our economy -

Keep making deals with other partners, Orange Man. Keep taking it to China.

Just remember they are liars and cheats.

Another thing buttressing the idea of decoupling from China is the national security element. This is about way more then American jobs. It's about the wisdom of putting all our import eggs in one bucket. If I was a betting man I would lay good money that the Chinese will cave pretty soon.

Another thing buttressing the idea of decoupling from China is the national security element. This is about way more then American jobs. It's about the wisdom of putting all our import eggs in one bucket. If I was a betting man I would lay good money that the Chinese will cave pretty soon.

No doubt, and it's addressed briefly but certainly called out in the article. China could easily turn ugly in their hemisphere and beyond if we become industrially weak.

I'd say that they will pretend to cave and then try to reel it back in. Part of their long game. There is no doubt that we need to foster competition with other supplier nations, and stop the theft of the intellectual property of our companies.

The Chinese government will always pretend to comply with agreements, will always try to slowly chip away at boundaries. It is nearly a cultural imperative on their part to cheat us at this point. F__ them.

It was a mistake to bring communist China out of isolation. The elites of both American political Parties were enticed by a pool of cheap labor under totalitarian control.

Last edited:
He was a China hardliner and part of the justification for this trade war is national security. You don’t think he had any role as an advisor?
He was NSA from April 2018 until today.

The Trade War started in 2017.

Are you suggesting that Bolton prevented the US ans China from closing a deal?

One China hardliner gone in Bolton. If Navarro gets canned, I would expect a trade deal to be reached sooner than later.

WRONG. Trump fired Bolton because he's a neo-con, interventionist nation builder. Particularly when it comes to the Middle East & Western Asia. The Bolton/Trump relationship was always going to be strained. Trump liked Bolton's toughness & brashness but on policy issues he probably disagreed with 80% of what Bolton wanted to do.

I suspect that Bolton and Mad Dog were hired primarily to deal with ISIS & Iran. Trump wanted to destroy ISIS and curb Iran without getting into a war with Iran. But on an ideological spectrum Trump & Bolton are far apart.

Like I said before, Trump is a rough boss to work for. If you're in senior management, which Bolton was, Trump can be a jerk and very demanding. But as a voter I'm glad Trump is this way. I voted for a guy who in part promised to stop being the worlds policeman and to keep us out of stupid wars. So far, so good.