Trade War

I don’t think it’s an issue. If American companies are suffering doing business with China, there is a clear out— leave. They aren’t willingly, because the free trade is to their benefit. You seem to favor really strong government intervention. The irony is thick with you guys.

There is no 'free trade' with China. We pay 20-50% tariffs/taxes to access their market; they pay nothing here.

Get in the game.

Watch out, the king makers are coming for Trump. These guys usually mean business and may dump the economy to get a compliant president of their choosing. I don't think he said this without permission.
"There's even a argument that the election itself falls within the fed's purview."

Trump should go after these mofos and get rid of their currency and go to our own sound currency along with balanced trade.
Crazy times could be coming. Go Trump, kick some fed butt!

Watch out, the king makers are coming for Trump. These guys usually mean business and may dump the economy to get a compliant president of their choosing. I don't think he said this without permission.
"There's even a argument that the election itself falls within the fed's purview."

Trump should go after these mofos and get rid of their currency and go to our own sound currency along with balanced trade.
Crazy times could be coming. Go Trump, kick some fed butt!

What this former member of the Fed said publicly is astonishing and deeply disturbing. As usual it received very little MSM coverage but the implications are serious if this thinking has contaminated any of the current sitting members of the Fed. I mean the clown running the Fed was pretty damn aggressive in raising rates. It was almost like he wanted to snuff out a booming economy.

We live in interesting times.

No real surprise here. I don't think anyone can go after the central bankers on fiscal policy or the pro-interventionist types in the intelligence agencies on foreign policy without facing significant pushback.

No real surprise here. I don't think anyone can go after the central bankers on fiscal policy or the pro-interventionist types in the intelligence agencies on foreign policy without facing significant pushback.

Yes our history is full of failed attempts to fight them off.
This is what Trump came to do.
This is the reason for all the propaganda. This is the reason for loose squirrels everywhere....

If there was just one thing I could wish the american people knew, it is"what is central banking and the federal reserve is"
Sadly most are clueless.

U.S. Manufacturing Gauge Contracts for First Time in Three Years.

“This piece of data is part of the puzzle that helps to push us into recession,” said Quincy Krosby, chief market strategist at Prudential Financial Inc. “The ramifications of the trade war show up in the euro zone, in Asia and now in the U.S. If the deterioration in the U.S. continues, it’s going to feed into the overall labor market.”

What Bloomberg’s Economists Say - “To be sure, economic anxiety related to tariffs and increasing trade tensions is extracting a significant toll on business confidence. However, there was limited direct evidence of tariffs creating upward price pressures or materials shortages in the details of the report. As such, the second-order impacts from the tariffs (i.e. confidence effects and currency appreciation) appear to be having the more substantial impact.”-- Carl Riccadonna, chief U.S. economist

Yahoo Finance

Not hoping for a recession. I am merely pointing out that Trump's tradewar is one of the root causes of a global slowdown that is showing signs of a recession.

What this former member of the Fed said publicly is astonishing and deeply disturbing. As usual it received very little MSM coverage but the implications are serious if this thinking has contaminated any of the current sitting members of the Fed. I mean the clown running the Fed was pretty damn aggressive in raising rates. It was almost like he wanted to snuff out a booming economy.

We live in interesting times.

Didn't Trump hire him?

Can't be bad, he only hires the best people...

.. Trump's tradewar is one of the root causes of a global slowdown that is showing signs of a recession.

So ... looks like these countries put themselves in there own situation !

So ... looks like these countries put themselves in there own situation !

View attachment 3526

This is probably accurate (don't know where it came from) but the European middle class is a lot larger than the US.

Have you been to Europe? I have... People live very well there. They work fewer hours, have a lot more time off. And as a whole enjoy more money. I would be very careful comparing their incomes to ours here. It is true our top earners make more than theirs and there are more of them. But we aren't all top earners.

Before everyone says "well then move there" that is not what I am getting at. They pay a lot of taxes and get a lot free. Trade offs

Last edited:
This is probably accurate (don't know where it came from) but the European middle class is a lot larger than the US.

Have you been to Europe? I have... People live very well there. They work fewer hours, have a lot more time off. And as a whole enjoy more money. I would be very careful comparing their incomes to ours here. It is true our top earners make more than theirs and there are more of them. But we aren't all top earners.

Before everyone says "well then move there" that is not what I am getting at. They pay a lot of taxes and get a lot free. Trade offs

And Obama suckered them into taking in a bunch of needy that his JV terrorist friends in the Arab Winter (that followed the Arab Spring) created and mobilized. "Trade-offs" are about to get ugly, and then what ?

And Obama suckered them into taking in a bunch of needy that his JV terrorist friends in the Arab Winter (that followed the Arab Spring) created and mobilized. "Trade-offs" are about to get ugly, and then what ?

I'm not going to argue with ignorance....

I spent 3 weeks all over Europe this summer and NEVER felt safer.

Bigscarletandgrey
European middle class is ........... Poorer than the US

Have you been to Europe? I have... People live very well there. ........ - I've been to my House - My Family lives pretty Well

They work fewer hours, have a lot more time off. ...... After Graduation One of my sons landed with a Fortune 500 Co. last June - 23 Paid Days Off a Year. - That's ridiculous.

And as a whole enjoy more money. - Overall, Europe has a lower cost of living due to lower healthcare expenses, a weakening euro currency, and low inflation. Europeans, however, tend to pay more of their income to taxes and the average wages tend to be Lower than in America.

They pay a lot of taxes and get a lot free. Trade offs - Sure Everyone Needs QALY implemented on them
QALY - when sick its Quality of Life Years Left - It is used in economic evaluation to assess the value for money of medical interventions.

FYI .....

Are European healthcare systems collapsing?
The prognosis is not good. Unless Europe’s healthcare systems change how they operate, there is a big question mark over how sustainable they really are. As Europe’s population ages, chronic diseases grow more widespread, and public spending fails to keep up with demand, healthcare systems are being asked to do more (and better) with less.

Bigscarletandgrey
European middle class is ........... Poorer than the US

Have you been to Europe? I have... People live very well there. ........ - I've been to my House - My Family lives pretty Well

They work fewer hours, have a lot more time off. ...... After Graduation One of my sons landed with a Fortune 500 Co. last June - 23 Paid Days Off a Year. - That's ridiculous.

And as a whole enjoy more money. - Overall, Europe has a lower cost of living due to lower healthcare expenses, a weakening euro currency, and low inflation. Europeans, however, tend to pay more of their income to taxes and the average wages tend to be Lower than in America.

They pay a lot of taxes and get a lot free. Trade offs - Sure Everyone Needs QALY implemented on them
QALY - when sick its Quality of Life Years Left - It is used in economic evaluation to assess the value for money of medical interventions.

FYI .....

Are European healthcare systems collapsing?
The prognosis is not good. Unless Europe’s healthcare systems change how they operate, there is a big question mark over how sustainable they really are. As Europe’s population ages, chronic diseases grow more widespread, and public spending fails to keep up with demand, healthcare systems are being asked to do more (and better) with less.

Good response^

I'll bet their Middle Eastern former refugees have never been healthier, though, right BigScar ?

The European taxpayer must be SO-O-O-O proud!! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks, Obama!!

[QUOTE="2manyBats, post: 7374249, member: 10489]23 Paid Days Off a Year. - That's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

23 days split between vacation, personal days, sick days, holidays is ridiculous? Good grief....

Americans leave over 700 million unused vacation days on the table. It's no wonder why we're so stressed out as a country.

[QUOTE="2manyBats, post: 7374249, member: 10489]23 Paid Days Off a Year. - That's ridiculous.

23 days split between vacation, personal days, sick days, holidays is ridiculous? Good grief....

Americans leave over 700 million unused vacation days on the table. It's no wonder why we're so stressed out as a country.
[/QUOTE]
A woman I work with has 18 months of maternity leave (12 paid)

Definitely trade-offs. Taxes are huge but for the purpose of "equalizing" access to services in healthcare, education and training.

Fewer people go to college, but far more people are trained in vocational professions later in high school and after. The educational/skill training systems in Germany seem to net far greater benefit to the average person than our system where college is often over prescribed at the personal cost of readily attainable and financially crippling student loan debt, and many who would benefit the most from vocational work seem to get pushed or stigmatized away from it.

The difference between them and us is that the typical American has an attitude that some way somehow they'll strike it rich someday, despite overwhelming odds that suggest that won't happen. Such attitudes do not seem to be normal in Western Europe. For the chance to strike it rich the typical American has accepted being more stressed, anxious, and unhappy/depressed in exchange for a more individualistic society. To each their own I suppose.

Interesting take. I've been to Europe a lot and stayed in peoples homes and I would disagree that they have a higher standard of living. I guess it comes down to what you value in life but there's no way you can make a blanket statement that people live better there then here.

Then it’s not free

Interesting take. I've been to Europe a lot and stayed in peoples homes and I would disagree that they have a higher standard of living. I guess it comes down to what you value in life but there's no way you can make a blanket statement that people live better there then here.

I don't think I actually said that. What I said was they work less hours, have more time off and as a whole have more money to spend (based on the fact their middle class is larger as a whole). I was contradicting the fact that they are so heavily taxed that they evidently have troubles living.

You can't compare how we live to how they do. Our cultures are completely different. For the most part theirs is OLD.... The housing is hundreds of years old compared to ours in most cases (large cities). But the cost of living for essentials is similar if not lower than what we pay. Housing is higher but their wages are as well.