Struthers football 2019

The complex is the football field and the new baseball field and everything else across the street where the practice field is.

Oh ok. That makes sense.
So that area will be called the Steve Belichek Athletic Complex... and the football field is going to remain Laddie J. Fedor Field?

The track will remain around the football field, right?

Not sure on the name of the field, but I would imagine no, it would take the new name, and yes a track is getting put around the field again

Needed that for a long time. I wish we didn’t get a track done. Football fields look better without them

Yeah. But where else could they have put the track? Would have been really expensive to move it.

A new scoreboard would be nice. I'm still hoping for an upgraded sound system...

Yeah. But where else could they have put the track? Would have been really expensive to move it.

A new scoreboard would be nice. I'm still hoping for an upgraded sound system...
I would honestly prefer the sound system over the scoreboard lol

They’ve completely ripped it up so I’m guessing it’s still going to be expensive to do.

They’ve completely ripped it up so I’m guessing it’s still going to be expensive to do.

Right. But if they were gonna move it, they'd have to start over from step 1.
They'd also have to redo the bleachers around the field and setup some bleachers or something by the new track.
Easier to just keep the track where it is. And more cost efficient... not sure by how much, but it has to be.

The track around the field doesn't bother me. I do like that they're building a baseball field though.

I know they didn't have a home meet this year... because of preparations for the turf installation? But when was their last home meet? I haven't been to a track meet in over 10 years... I used to hang out right by the finish line and watch everyone run. They used to do the long jump in front of the band shell. The high jump on the opposite side of the field. And shotput and discus throws back by where the weight and locker rooms are.
I have no idea what the setup would be today. Probably similar.

Are they at least going to make the track regulation size, if that's possible? The old track was too short.

I also saw a video on WFMJ reporting that the plan is to keep the field named after Laddie Fedor, but name the entire complex after Steve Belichek.

They already have the long jump part finished, shouldn’t be much construction left to do, hopefully ready for the first scrimmage at least

Right. But if they were gonna move it, they'd have to start over from step 1.
They'd also have to redo the bleachers around the field and setup some bleachers or something by the new track.
Easier to just keep the track where it is. And more cost efficient... not sure by how much, but it has to be.

The track around the field doesn't bother me. I do like that they're building a baseball field though.

I know they didn't have a home meet this year... because of preparations for the turf installation? But when was their last home meet? I haven't been to a track meet in over 10 years... I used to hang out right by the finish line and watch everyone run. They used to do the long jump in front of the band shell. The high jump on the opposite side of the field. And shotput and discus throws back by where the weight and locker rooms are.
I have no idea what the setup would be today. Probably similar.

Are they at least going to make the track regulation size, if that's possible? The old track was too short.

That is my question about the size. Wouldn’t make sense to keep it small but how much room do they even have? That’s why I thought it was going across the street.

That is my question about the size. Wouldn’t make sense to keep it small but how much room do they even have? That’s why I thought it was going across the street.

I see what you mean now.
Yeah. I don't mind it around the field. Just wish it was the proper size.

I'd rather have a Olympic regulation size track and it be across the street than have one that's exactly the same as it was around the field.

Maybe they just didn't have the budget for it. Redoing the football field and all those renovations... and building a baseball field, which I imagine they won't cut any corners on... that has to be expensive. Like 7 figures expensive.

I see what you mean now.
Yeah. I don't mind it around the field. Just wish it was the proper size.

I'd rather have a Olympic regulation size track and it be across the street than have one that's exactly the same as it was around the field.

Maybe they just didn't have the budget for it. Redoing the football field and all those renovations... and building a baseball field, which I imagine they won't cut any corners on... that has to be expensive. Like 7 figures expensive.
Yes the baseball field to me is still surprising. Not sure why they need to build one. Cene is literally in Struthers but I get it it’s expensive. How many years will it take to offset the cost?

Would have much rather seen them build up the home side stands much larger for the football field.
(The only sport in town that makes money)

Yes the baseball field to me is still surprising. Not sure why they need to build one. Cene is literally in Struthers but I get it it’s expensive. How many years will it take to offset the cost?

Would have much rather seen them build up the home side stands much larger for the football field.
(The only sport in town that makes money)

Yeah. They probably could've built up the home side bleachers and moved the track across the street for the same price as the baseball field. That would've made the most sense, now that I think about it.

I was under the impression that the baseball field and the track were going across the street. So I was happy to read that.
Now that it's just the baseball field, I'm less excited.

The finished product should still be awesome.

Yeah
Yeah. They probably could've built up the home side bleachers and moved the track across the street for the same price as the baseball field. That would've made the most sense, now that I think about it.

I was under the impression that the baseball field and the track were going across the street. So I was happy to read that.

I’m excited to see the turf and scoreboard. About time we did this as a community.

Aren’t they putting a locker room over there too or something

Aren’t they putting a locker room over there too or something

Besides the baseball dugouts? I don't know.

I guess a locker room kinda something or other would make sense over there, to keep the football equipment for practices. So they don't have to haul everything back and forth between the main locker rooms and the practice field. And they'll probably need to put restrooms over there anyway. Might as well build something like that.

Isn't Crestview joining the AAC this year? Even without any returning Seniors, they should be able to finish over .500. That Powell kid was a stud last year.
I get why they dropped us though.

Really hoping that spot is filled soon.
Any word on turf yet? Would think if it's happening they'd have a date set to break ground by now.
a team with zero seniors and limited experience is not going to do well in the AAC.
A lot of teams in that lower tier have talent coming back.
At the same time the bottom of the division is so weak you may be right. Champion. Falls. Campbell. All horrendous.

Wkbn just had a little story about the cats. It was about the field mainly and how appreciative Belicheck was. Also said some things about the team.

But the preview said we are getting a new digital scoreboard this season along with the turf. New lights and sound system in the years to come.

About what you expect them to look like, passing game needs work as expected but we won’t rely on the pass much at all other then playactions or rollouts. Defense was missing our starting safety, but the plug in guys all showed to be pretty good, jfk completed their passes but the coverage was good, we flew around to the ball woth multiple players, about a normal passing scrimmage like the last couple years with those guys, best part of having such close relationships with coach from jfk it helps for both sides coaches to be able to stop and show the players what they did wrong and how to correct it. good days work from both sides

Struthers looked pretty good tonight. The QB started off a little slow and looked like he struggled with his reads early on but then he seemed to find his rhythm a bit. He is a good athlete. The Cats are 20 times better than Lakeview, I can tell you that. The line looked like they have some good size and you have some good athletes at the skill positions.