Divisional Breakdowns for the Dual team tournament

Key though, which schools moved up and which moved down (at least those that say made regional finals or final 8).

Here are a list of schools that changed divisions. A few schools likely don’t meet the 7 wrestler requirement, but I listed them anyway. If I missed anyone or made an error - please let me know.

New To Division 1
*From D2
Alliance
Goshen
Olentangy Berlin
Painesville Harvey
West Carrollton

New To Division 2
*From D1
Madison Comprehensive
Tri-Valley

*From D3
Beachwood
Bethel-Tate
Blanchester
Fairless
Fostoria
Heath
Huron
Johnstown-Monroe
Milton-Union
Ottawa-Glandorf
Rossford
Triway
Upper Sandusky
Utica
Warrensville Heights
Waynesville

New To Division 3
*From D2
Benjamin Logan
Fairview
Jefferson Area
Kenton
Lima Bath
Meadowdale
Ravenna Southeast
Taft
Westfall
Zane Trace

Last edited:
How does the state go as low as 350s all the way up to what 1200? Seems like a pretty large gap if u ask me.

Simple answer:
There are just as many schools with wrestling between 353 and 1300 (Mason is largest i found with 1299) boys as there are with 0-200 boys.

Is this the numbers for sectionals district state? It says dual teams? Are the numbers the same for both?

Division alignments are different for the individual state tournament and the team dual state tournament. They have only released the divisions for the team portion so far. I heard the breakdown for the individual part will be released by the end of the week.

Division alignments are different for the individual state tournament and the team dual state tournament. They have only released the divisions for the team portion so far. I heard the breakdown for the individual part will be released by the end of the week.

Are they usually Higher it lower numbers for the individual numbers? 353 and up for D1 now for dual team? What’s a guess for the numbers for individual? Any idea?

Are they usually Higher it lower numbers for the individual numbers? 353 and up for D1 now for dual team? What’s a guess for the numbers for individual? Any idea?

Individual will normally be lower.

Typically there are some D1 individual teams that are in D2 for duals as well as D2 individual teams in D3 for duals.

Basically the absolute smallest schools in the 2 divisions for individuals may drop a division for team. This is typically due to lower number of D3 schools that compete in the duals due to low numbers.

Individual will normally be lower.

Typically there are some D1 individual teams that are in D2 for duals as well as D2 individual teams in D3 for duals.

Basically the absolute smallest schools in the 2 divisions for individuals may drop a division for team. This is typically due to lower number of D3 schools that compete in the duals due to low numbers.

This...and when regionals were mid-week a few kids that may be absent, grades, etc, could result in you having to pull out last minute because you had 8-9 guys and now day of or before you're at 5-6. We'll see how the changes last year with affect this moving forward if more teams are able to compete having a 1 day Saturday vs potential multiple Wednesdays.

This...and when regionals were mid-week a few kids that may be absent, grades, etc, could result in you having to pull out last minute because you had 8-9 guys and now day of or before you're at 5-6. We'll see how the changes last year with affect this moving forward if more teams are able to compete having a 1 day Saturday vs potential multiple Wednesdays.

It will still happen that way just because there are more D3 schools with around 7/8 kids that just don't sign up.

You maybe right that more schools sign up for the Saturday only event (I also like it MUCH better) and may alleviate this some, but I believe the absolute smallest teams in D1/D2 will drop a division for Team Duals. It just may not be as many teams dropping in the future.

The fans/cheering/excitement of the wrestlers/atmosphere for a 1 day regional was 10x greater than what it was for the few Wednesday's thing they used to do.

I don't think you can compare the team cutoffs to the individual cutoffs this year as the number of teams is going to be drastically different. The team divisional alignment is being based on only 344 teams. As stated previously there are near 500 teams that will go into the individual alignment. If someone has the time to go through all the brackets and see how many teams across the state had 7 or more kids wrestle at the sectional tournament this would be easy to figure out. Just take the number of total teams and divide up equally among 3 divisions. Need to rank the teams from largest to smallest and count off how many in each division to get your cutoff number. This should at least be close to accurate. Bucksman or BoroFan, you have time to do this for us??

I don't think you can compare the team cutoffs to the individual cutoffs this year as the number of teams is going to be drastically different. The team divisional alignment is being based on only 344 teams. As stated previously there are near 500 teams that will go into the individual alignment. If someone has the time to go through all the brackets and see how many teams across the state had 7 or more kids wrestle at the sectional tournament this would be easy to figure out. Just take the number of total teams and divide up equally among 3 divisions. Need to rank the teams from largest to smallest and count off how many in each division to get your cutoff number. This should at least be close to accurate. Bucksman or BoroFan, you have time to do this for us??

I counted this the other day, thought I posted it on this thread, maybe it was another.

I had just over 500, something like 501ish?

I didn't list them or put them in any order, just counted from sectional entry grids.

So if a team it’s right on 353 and D1 for dual purpose what do u think D1 as well for individual as well? Or would they prob drop to d2?

So if a team it’s right on 353 and D1 for dual purpose what do u think D1 as well for individual as well? Or would they prob drop to d2?

Most likely the other way around. A team that is a large D2 at the top of the numbers in Dual Team Divisions maybe in D1 in individual.

In your case they would be D1 in both Dual and Individual.

when the enrollment numbers came out initially, I did the exercise for the individual side. My projection had the bubble being the Western Brown, Ashland, Alliance range for D1/D2 and then right around 200 for D2/D3

Most likely the other way around. A team that is a large D2 at the top of the numbers in Dual Team Divisions maybe in D1 in individual.

In your case they would be D1 in both Dual and Individual.

Looks like the last numbers were Dual team last year 362 d1 ,individual 370 d1.the individual went higher number of boys for individual if I’m reading off the state page right?

I thought they would be out today? Who knows. OHSAA is always so slow at stuff anyone. It’s like it’s there first day in operation on some stuff. Time for a leader change.

Looks like the last numbers were Dual team last year 362 d1 ,individual 370 d1.the individual went higher number of boys for individual if I’m reading off the state page right?

You are correct. The cut off last time was lower then the individual numbers. But who knows with Ohsaa they never ever follow there standards. Could be lower for individual numbers this time around and the dual numbers go up.

It did say on the site that numbers would be posted today. Now that message is gone and nothing posted.

The email I got in regards to coaching said something about voting Aug 8th? Do we think they will be out before then?

Individual Wrestling
OHSAA tournament divisions were approved by the OHSAA Board of Directors on June 3, 2019. The list below contains the schools that were eligible to participate in the 2019 tournament, which is used to determine the divisional breakdowns/cutoffs for the 2020 tournament. The list ALSO includes schools that have registered to participate in the 2020 tournament. This is NOT the final list of schools that will be eligible to participate in the 2020 tournament. The list of schools participating within each division could change prior to the 2020 tournament and include both deletions (e.g., schools that change their decision and decide not to register for the 2020 tournament or are suspended) or additions (e.g., schools that change their decision and decide to register for the 2020 tournament, new schools or schools coming off suspension). No schools currently listed will be changing divisions.

Division
Enrollment
Schools
I
TBD
TBD
II
TBD
TBD
III
TBD
TBD