Fairfield and Colerain

BL-UE

So any movement on those coaching changes yet? Does anyone even care at each respective school? It seems like with the right person in charge, they both could be successful basketball programs. Both are good at baseball and football....why not basketball for the Big 3 Sports trifecta?
What names have emerged? Sometimes these schools need to think outside the box.

Haven't heard anything about Fairfield. The AD wants to go to Sycamore, maybe that has slowed down their search?

Local Head coach

Local private school head coach...

CCD - Jump in pay/level of comp.
CHCA - Jump in pay/level of comp.
Elder - Nope
LaSalle - 99% Probably not
McNick - nope
MVCA - ?
Moeller - Hell no
Purcell - going for bump in pay?
Roger Bacon - same as above?
Seven Hills - good season, son is graduating...
St. X - Don't have a coach
Summit - Jump in pay/level of comp.

Who did I miss?

Local private school head coach...

CCD - Jump in pay/level of comp.
CHCA - Jump in pay/level of comp.
Elder - Nope
LaSalle - 99% Probably not
McNick - nope
MVCA - ?
Moeller - Hell no
Purcell - going for bump in pay?
Roger Bacon - same as above?
Seven Hills - good season, son is graduating...
St. X - Don't have a coach
Summit - Jump in pay/level of comp.

Who did I miss?

Whoever the private school coach taking the Colerain job faces the same exact situation as 4 or 5 years ago where they have absolutely no returning varsity players and have very little talent at the JV and Frosh levels--they are staring at complete rebuilding such as 2015 of 0-23, to 1-22, to 3-20 and the past two years of 7-15 and 10-14--this graduating group was as good as it gets for awhile.:thumb:

No idea about the pay situation. Comet is correct in that Colerain is a mess for whoever becomes the new coach. I don't see them out of the basement for the next 3 years minimum.

I'd be shocked if a private school coach would take that job unless he is being forced out at his current school. A mess is an understatement and it's no longer just the basketball program.

“Cincinnati Area”.
1. Cincinnati Christian. (Don’t think likely, unless he wants his son playing division 1 instead of 4 and has some kids that will transfer)
2 Hamilton Badin (No!)
3. Fenwick (could def be since he was let go)

Last edited:
Not GCL, the offer and the acceptance are two different items. With what was mentioned above many coaches wouldn't touch this job.

Attachments

• Vandalia Butler.png
    Vandalia Butler.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 60