Fairfield and Colerain

You sure about that? A private school head coach resigned today... Wondering if he is getting the Colerain job?

Whoever gets it is SOL for at least the next 3-4 years--better hope the school board, AD, and others have patience---they moved in the right direction for the past 2 years, but that group is gone and there is nothing in the pipeline!

Cosgrove to Colerain pending Board approval

It was announced yesterday that pending board approval Monday, Patrick Cosgrove will become the new Boys basketball Coach at Colerain High School. Congratulations to Coach Cosgrove.

It was announced yesterday that pending board approval Monday, Patrick Cosgrove will become the new Boys basketball Coach at Colerain High School. Congratulations to Coach Cosgrove.

Congrats to him, good dude.

Only way that works is if he is able to bring his recruiting skills with him.

True Cincyhoops, I guess the long range plan and the hope there is some untapped potential.

I'm not sure ANY non-seniors played this year. Gonna be rough without finding talented players who someone covers their $20,000 tuition to play for you, like at his previous school.

I'm not sure ANY non-seniors played this year. Gonna be rough without finding talented players who someone covers their $20,000 tuition to play for you, like at his previous school.

Colerain returns 2.0 ppg from the #9 player on the roster--had very poor JV and Frosh teams--there is nothing in the pipeline. They are back to the 0,1 and 3 win seasons of 3-5 years ago. Gonna need a great deal of patience!!:thumb:

Last edited:
I think I would agree

Harden is a nice fellow but a little unfocused in the AD job. Was forced to choose between basketball and AD by previous district superintendent. Blankenship is a strong leader and administrator. Hopefully the new basketball coach can get things started. There has been an incredible amount of talent in the district that went elsewhere due to the chaos in the basketball program after their final four appearance. They have a nice facility too.

Ok. You said an incredible amount of talent has left the district. Just wondering who? I don’t recall Fairfield losing a significant amount of players.

One example. But I will get some names for more examples. One of the boys my son talked about being a nationally ranked AAU player that refused to play for Fairfield after their coach left for Elder. If you have chaos, kids will go elsewhere. Fairfield has kids that leave for Badin, Moeller even X (but not for Basketball). Just as an aside, I thought Colerain was open enrollment.

cincyhoops…...no idea on names but during the season I was told FF lost players to Cincinnati Christian and LaSalle. (2nd hand info :))

cincyhoops…...no idea on names but during the season I was told FF lost players to Cincinnati Christian and LaSalle. (2nd hand info :))

Three of Hamilton's starters this year are Fairfield kids - Howard & the two Robinsons. Another kid who started from Cincinnati Christian is a Fairfield kid - Swain. Those are just off the top of my head.

Three of Hamilton's starters this year are Fairfield kids - Howard & the two Robinsons. Another kid who started from Cincinnati Christian is a Fairfield kid - Swain. Those are just off the top of my head.

CCS also had another sophomore on varsity that went to Fairfield thru 8th grade. Two Badin starters from this past season went to Fairfield thru 8th grade. There are two juniors at Moeller (who don't play anymore at Moeller) who had they stayed at Fairfield would certainly have been on Fairfield's varsity this past year. Fairfield also lost the youngest Phillips kid who transferred after his freshman year.

That's a whole team of varsity players who are playing elsewhere.

Fairfield has been in a state of flux since Austing left. Hopefully the new coach will stick around for a while. As you can see with the football program, once they got the right coach in place - they have had success.

The AAU kid I was talking about is a sophomore at Hamilton this year and plays on the varsity. One of the starting corners at Moeller would have played at Fairfield had he stayed. Austing had it going on. When he left it hurt.