NFL News

Lots of work to get through the minors up to MLB.

With the way the NFL treats QBs these days, he may be more subject to contact injuries in baseball!

Looks like mostly white guys here. And they even neglected Chud:

NFL head coaches since 2000 who have been terminated during or after just one season with a team.

Chip Kelly, 49ers, 2016, 2-14
Jim Tomsula, 49ers, 2015, 5-11
Mike Mularkey, Jaguars, 2012, 2-14
Hue Jackson, Raiders, 2011, 8-8
Jim Mora, Seahawks, 2009, 4-12
Cam Cameron, Dolphins, 2007, 1-15
Art Shell, Raiders, 2006, 2-14
Marty Shottenheimer, Redskins, 2001, 8-8
Al Groh, Jets, 2000, 9-7
Steve Wilks, Cardinals, 2018, 3-13

30% of them were black.....def higher than the normal percentage of coaches, but I digress.

Murray shouldn't chase dollars in this decision. If his skills in each sport are similar, he should follow the path that is lined with his own personal desire and love of the sport.

Both are too difficult as is let alone it not being the one that motivates you the most.

Coached a number of kids who had to make decisions between college football and baseball and the general concesnse was they went with the one they desired more.

30% is possibly a result of the Rooney Rule leading to bad minority hires. Still when 70% have been white coaches, it doesn't really make sense to say there's a higher than normal % of blacks who are fired after one season.

30% is possibly a result of the Rooney Rule leading to bad minority hires. Still when 70% have been white coaches, it doesn't really make sense to say there's a higher than normal % of blacks who are fired after one season.

Heard Bomani Jones say yesterday that it was time to take a step further beyond the Rooney Rule :laugh:

Then today I heard the musings of Tiki Barber in regard to Rivers' SB dreams. Going beyond the head-to-head QB match-up Sunday against NE, Barber cited the excellent coaching of Anthony Lynn and the support of outstanding teammates like Melvin Gordon, a herd of Williams-es, and Joey Bosa in encouraging Rivers to keep the faith until Brady retires. San Diego seems to have more talent than New England, and the QB play looked one hell of a lot closer than the coaching yesterday.

I think Bomani and Tiki are drinking the same kool-aid :D

I had never really watched a Gase presser before today. He has to stop looking down like that while formulating his responses. He looks demented :laugh:

Hey clark, I see you watched as well.......

Kind of glad we didn't get this guy (Adam Gase) whose press conference was also today-

eyes.jpg

CRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPYYYY.

:laugh:

Heeere's Gase-y!!!

Does anyone remember about this time last year when former UCLA HC Jim Mora and Josh Rosen were sending signals to the Browns and Dorsey to keep away on draft day ? They acted as if the Browns would be a bad fit for Rosen, and perhaps as if the organization was something to be avoided. A lot of subtle slam, IIRC. Rosen eventually went #10 to Arizona.

One year later, Rosen is with a Head Coach that has never coached a snap in the NFL, Kliff Kingsbury. A .500 college head coach that is going to call his own plays and has yet to hire an OC. KK has few NFL contacts , and the Arizona GM Keim seems to be making most of the hires. Sean Kugler as O-line coach is a good hire, but the offensive staff remains incomplete.

Now news breaks that they are interviewing the one, the only Hue Jackson for OC.

What could go wrong ? :laugh:

Does anyone remember about this time last year when former UCLA HC Jim Mora and Josh Rosen were sending signals to the Browns and Dorsey to keep away on draft day ? They acted as if the Browns would be a bad fit for Rosen, and perhaps as if the organization was something to be avoided. A lot of subtle slam, IIRC. Rosen eventually went #10 to Arizona.

One year later, Rosen is with a Head Coach that has never coached a snap in the NFL, Kliff Kingsbury. A .500 college head coach that is going to call his own plays and has yet to hire an OC. KK has few NFL contacts , and the Arizona GM Keim seems to be making most of the hires. Sean Kugler as O-line coach is a good hire, but the offensive staff remains incomplete.

Now news breaks that they are interviewing the one, the only Hue Jackson for OC.

What could go wrong ? :laugh:

Sub .500 KK head coach in college.

FIle this under 'be careful what you wish for, you just may get it"

Folks, it's 2019. I've never looked at a head coach, pro or college and noticed if he's black or white? There isn't an industry in American, other than the NBA, where there are more blacks than pro football. Why does this continue to be an issue? Why is there even a Rooney rule??
Marvin Lewis...head coach of the Bengals for 15 YEARS!!!! Never won a playoff game!!! It's time to stop these shenanigans. NFL owners are going to hire the men who give them the best chance to...WIN, period!!!

Folks, it's 2019. I've never looked at a head coach, pro or college and noticed if he's black or white? There isn't an industry in American, other than the NBA, where there are more blacks than pro football. Why does this continue to be an issue? Why is there even a Rooney rule??
Marvin Lewis...head coach of the Bengals for 15 YEARS!!!! Never won a playoff game!!! It's time to stop these shenanigans. NFL owners are going to hire the men who give them the best chance to...WIN, period!!!

the Rooney Rule wasn't necessarily established to make sure more minorities actually BECAME head coaches, but so that more minorities were given the opportunity to at least interview for those positions.

people get up in arms that more minorities aren't hired, but like you said, if i'm down to two candidates and one is black, and the other is white, and i'm trying to decide between the two, race has ZERO to do with it. to reiterate: it's about who i think gives my team the best chance to WIN, period.

the Rooney Rule wasn't necessarily established to make sure more minorities actually BECAME head coaches, but so that more minorities were given the opportunity to at least interview for those positions.

people get up in arms that more minorities aren't hired, but like you said, if i'm down to two candidates and one is black, and the other is white, and i'm trying to decide between the two, race has ZERO to do with it. to reiterate: it's about who i think gives my team the best chance to WIN, period.

And that's happened, full scale. There is no need for a Rooney rule anymore. In fact, isn't it a slap in the face of these minority candidates that you have to have a RULE to interview you??? I mean, don't you want to be interviewed and hired on your own merits?? Our world is so screwed up these days.

A few days after the NFL season, 4-5 NFL coaches were fired. It wasn't until a few days after that someone mentioned that all were black. I didn't notice. It never came to mind. Todd Boles was the Jets coach. I don't view him as a black NFL coach. We need to stop this silliness.

Some see a league with 70% plus African American players and fewer than a handful of black head coaches and GMs as "silliness."

At least half the NBA coaches are white guys. There doesn't seem to be a link between the racial makeup of the players and that of the coaches. I think it's racist to say fewer whites should be coaching because they don't make up x% of the playing population.

Some see a league with 70% plus African American players and fewer than a handful of black head coaches and GMs as "silliness."

If the bigoted thinking of some black players degenerates to the point that they won't take orders from a white guy, if it turns into Latrell and PJ on some NFL clubs, the people that view the world with those eyes may get what passes for a victory in some quarters, but it then becomes less likely that it will translate to victories on the field.

It has to be about merit first, but fit matters. When fit becomes the first consideration, the product always suffers.

He may have 1-2 elite years left but he's not going to have them if someone like Josh Rosen is throwing him the ball.

Bingo.

BR forced him the ball, OFTEN, and I don't know of too many QBs who are going to risk the INTs and force it like he did.

Then AB will whine like a little .

I could see him with the Raiders. Martavis Bryant worked out so well.

I hope he ends up in a horrible place and flames out quickly.

Given the Steelers' decision-making of late, I wouldn't be surprised if they sent him someplace like Green Bay or Indianapolis

He is a very talented Wr. He got caught up in the hype and all the over the top attention and didn't handle it well. The Steelers will get a 2nd and maybe a future 3rd round pick for him. Use one of their top 3 picks this year for a WR add that guy to JuJu and Washington who seemed to be getting it as the season progressed and will be fine.

Yeah, they have enough 1st round picks to trade one for AB.

I would say send him to SF, but he wants to go there. I am hoping he goes to Az