The Pro Football Hall of Fame Expansion Project Hits the Skids

Why is Crusaders even defending this?

There are plenty of things to complain about, like why they hired the same project managers who failed to pay contractors for North Canton's Hoover factory project. Or why the project is failing to integrate itself with the surrounding area. Or the use of public money and tax breaks. Plenty of stuff. What's being talked about here is just stupid.

There are plenty of things to complain about, like why they hired the same project managers who failed to pay contractors for North Canton's Hoover factory project. Or why the project is failing to integrate itself with the surrounding area. Or the use of public money and tax breaks. Plenty of stuff. What's being talked about here is just stupid.

Yet you're vehemently defending the Disney comments for some reason??? It's not like you're the one who made the original assertion. Seems like a waste of time to defend someone else's stupid comments.

You'd have to be an idiot to think they believe they're building something equivalent to Disney World.

Just going based off the quotes of those involved who stupidly believe this will have a Disney like impact. Still waiting for you to reference someone involved mentioning Cedar Point.

Yet you're vehemently defending the Disney comments for some reason??? It's not like you're the one who made the original assertion. Seems like a waste of time to defend someone else's stupid comments.

I'm not defending the comments about Disney. I personally would not use that term or encourage people to use it because it's just not true. I'm calling out the stupidity of thinking they mean Disney World in a literal sense. They're clearly not building anything remotely close to that and continually harping on it is ridiculous.

What it comes down to is "it's going to be the Hershey Park of football" doesn't sell quite as well.

I'm not defending the comments about Disney, I'm calling out the stupidity of thinking they mean Disney World in a literal sense. They're clearly not building anything remotely close to that and continually harping on it is ridiculous.

What it comes down to is "it's going to be the Hershey Park of football" doesn't sell quite as well.

That's fine, but they're opening themselves up to criticism by making the comments. That's exactly what's happened here.

Just going based off the quotes of those involved who stupidly believe this will have a Disney like impact. Still waiting for you to reference someone involved mentioning Cedar Point.

The actual estimates for the project included a $15b economic benefit for Canton over 25 years, a big increase in attendance, and a few thousand jobs. That's significant for a city like Canton. It's "Disney" in a relative sense if you really want to stretch it, but it is clearly not "we're actually building a Disney World-esque resort".

That's fine, but they're opening themselves up to criticism by making the comments. That's exactly what's happened here.

This is the first place I've seen people taking their Disney comments literally. I think it's pretty clear to most people who aren't either idiots or just wanting to make fun of the project that the HOF Village is not like Disney.

This is the first place I've seen people taking their Disney comments literally. I think it's pretty clear to most people who aren't either idiots or just wanting to make fun of the project that the HOF Village is not like Disney.

TBH I'm not even sure everyone is taking the comments literally.

The actual estimates for the project included a $15b economic benefit for Canton over 25 years, a big increase in attendance, and a few thousand jobs. That's significant for a city like Canton. It's "Disney" in a relative sense if you really want to stretch it, but it is clearly not "we're actually building a Disney World-esque resort".

It must be painful to have absolutely no capacity to think beyond face value.

Seriously? a 143-bed assisted living facility? :laugh: Who the F do they think is going to move to this Canton, OH living facility when they're old?

Yeah no one is. Complete strawman from Crusaders. What people are making fun of is the "Disney-esque" comments from those actually involved. Crusaders got sore about it, claimed no one said that, Neo proves him wrong, and 30 posts later here we are.

Seriously? a 143-bed assisted living facility? :laugh: Who the F do they think is going to move to this Canton, OH living facility when they're old?

If it ever gets built they will come because many are broke and not in good health.

They most definitely are. Most of this thread is people acting as if the HOF thinks they're building a Disney World-esque destination vacation spot. Now you're all backpeddling because you realize how stupid that argument is.

The "Player Care Center" is probably the thing I'm most skeptical about. I really don't see the need for it at the HOF. It's kind of morbid. That said, it's not only for HOFers.

They most definitely are. Most of this thread is people acting as if the HOF thinks they're building a Disney World-esque destination vacation spot. Now you're all backpeddling because you realize how stupid that argument is.

That’s great. From the guy who went from “the Disney stuff is media sensationalism, no one from the project has even mentioned Disney”...Neo quotes the developers comments comparing it to Disney....to “they don’t mean Disney literally”. :laugh: